30 posts in this topic

To back up what people are saying, here's Djan with sniper

Djanbazan - Sniper Rifle vs. Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 - MULTI Sniper Rifle (Anti-Materiel Mode)

Active Player

39.09% Djanbazan inflicts 2 or more wounds on Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 (Dead)

Failures

36.08% Neither player succeeds

Reactive Player

24.83% Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 inflicts 1 or more wounds on Djanbazan (Unconscious)
7.93% Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 inflicts 2 or more wounds on Djanbazan (Dead)

VS HMG

Djanbazan - HMG vs. Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 - MULTI Sniper Rifle (Anti-Materiel Mode)

Active Player

59.15% Djanbazan inflicts 1 or more wounds on Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 (0 W)
25.33% Djanbazan inflicts 2 or more wounds on Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 (Dead)

Failures

24.61% Neither player succeeds

Reactive Player

16.23% Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 inflicts 1 or more wounds on Djanbazan (Unconscious)
5.36% Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 inflicts 2 or more wounds on Djanbazan (Dead)

You are much more likely to win face to face with hmg.

Also make sure when shooting at them to use mov to pop out and back into total cover, that way you can regen or doctor the Djan back up without getting shot by the sniper. 

I know most people mention the fiday but that only works well if you have an idea of where they are hiding their sniper or if they deploy them in marker state. Mutts can lay smokes down to try and get near the building the sniper is on then jam them through the building isolating that proxy.

You are much more likely to actually kill the proxy with the sniper (39% vs 25%). However you assume optimal range for HMG here. If we go down that route and allow closing in some of the distance, the best weapon is SMR:

Djanbazan - Shock Marksman Rifle vs. Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 - MULTI Sniper Rifle (Anti-Materiel Mode)

Active Player

45.57% Djanbazan inflicts 2 or more wounds on Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 (Dead)

Failures

34.75% Neither player succeeds

Reactive Player

19.68% Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 inflicts 1 or more wounds on Djanbazan (Unconscious)
6.40% Posthumans Proxy Mk.2 inflicts 2 or more wounds on Djanbazan (Dead)

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:46 AM, Orthas said:

However you assume optimal range for HMG here.

Optimal range for HMG is up to 80 cm so it's not very hard to reach your optimal range, even against a sniper. How often do you use an HMG and end up out of your 80 cm ?

I just had an awesome game this weekend against onyx where my djan sniper ARO was took out top of turn one with a burst HMG MSV visor alien thing (don't know their names 😳). Then my djan HMG was crit in my first orders of my active turn one as was my sekban rocket launcher dude!

Most of my hard hitters took out straight away in 1 turn! Tragedy!! 

However, the game completely turned around when I Resurrected the sniper Djan in turn 2 with his auto med kit! Amazing tool!! Turn 3 he then took out a Q drone through ghazi smoke and two of the mimetism link team (through smoke out of cover on BS15 shock ammo).

Taking out the q drone was the last order of the game and meant that I won by a mere 13 points left alive!* Insane fun!

that auto res for a sniper high up away from a doctor is super useful - djans are much better then they look.

I also had a spitfire Ragik drop in behind the mimetism guys turn 2 - and I was able to shoot one of them b4 unopposed which helped cover the mimetism -3 to hit as I was +3 for range and they were out of cover from behind. Bashi and Ragik are brilliant situational tools for surprise attacks unopposed. 

*as in I had 13 points over his alive points cos of dropping the Q Drone on the last order 

7 hours ago, arkhos94 said:

How often do you use an HMG and end up out of your 80 cm ?

Never against a sniper, because you die horribly in such case. If a sniper is in HD, it's not unreasonable at all for him to reveal where he can pin down your HMG beyond 32".