125 posts in this topic

For the record, I have had a very good experience running new players through just the last mission of Icestorm. It takes a bit of time to explain things up front, but nothing more difficult than explaining a board game before the first time you play. Playing through all the missions step by step is only really necessary (IMO) if there isn't an experienced player around to help guide and explain thing to the new player(s).

13 minutes ago, IJW Wartrader said:

Running through all the missions is for completely new players that are learning just from the booklet, without any help from existing Infinity players.

This,

I think CB have done a great job with these boxes to get new players into Infinity in a fun way without the need for a teacher. Some people can just read a rulebook in one go and then go have a few games, but most people won't want to do that, and for them, playing two or three missions in an evening, then doing the next few next week is a perfectly good way to get into the game.

It really depends on the people, though. Some players will struggle with the infinity rules, and take a lot of games to actually understand how more complex interactions work. And then there's the guy who had just the first two icestorm games with me, then played a full game against another, more experienced player and without much ado used mines and TO camo to outmanouvre a ninja hacker, effectively eliminating him from the tactical situation without the need to roll any dice, and that was just the most impressive of his tricks - this guy sure doesn't need the Beyond boxes. But not everybody is like him. 

I'mn glad to see our new Locust, nice miniature :thumb-up:.

Finally another release for my Neoterra XD

1 hour ago, Manfred_VR said:

I'mn glad to see our new Locust, nice miniature :thumb-up:.

Finally another release for my Neoterra XD

Technically there's 2 Neoterra models out before it, the Swiss Guard and Bolt from Beyond Icestorm ;)

I'm actually excited about running the locust now

12 hours ago, chaos11 said:

Technically there's 2 Neoterra models out before it, the Swiss Guard and Bolt from Beyond Icestorm ;)

True but this is a completely new model :).

Now we need only a new NCA starter and it's enough, just for now XD.

Looks a bit too detailed (and sort of the wrong angles on each segment) to be a Yu Jing HI braid, could it be a TAG tail for Nomads?

17 minutes ago, Melkhior said:

new unexpected snipershot

20798979_10155136910798842_3725527466133

What is the time between sniper shot and release? Because I can`t wait for Szally

6 minutes ago, TaHu said:

What is the time between sniper shot and release? Because I can`t wait for Szally

Here's hoping we find out the answer to that by Saturday.

Could be the Szalamandra tail, I don't think it belongs to a YJ model.

20424204_1710257488992584_25541732142552

So now we get the szally will we get the lizard for Bakunin, surprised he didnt get redone before szally

This is fantastic!!! I've never been about the tag life but I can't wait to buy this baddie! 

27 minutes ago, Mothman said:

So now we get the szally will we get the lizard for Bakunin, surprised he didnt get redone before szally

Szalamandra is older, and is even more divisive than the Lizard, so has to be up.  Besides, the other "1st Gen" TAGs have been redone, so had to get Szally...

3 minutes ago, A Mão Esquerda said:

Szalamandra is older, and is even more divisive than the Lizard, so has to be up.  Besides, the other "1st Gen" TAGs have been redone, so had to get Szally...

Ye just thought they would finish up Bakunin first, though ive not been 100% happy with bakunin revamp. Still could do with a new morlock box and better zeros and some updates on the characters.

I kinda hope that with tenguska corvus revamp some of the basic REMs

Cutter and Jotum are which generation ? 

We have a new Morlock box, and Colossock was done in the same style.

Unless you're still using these: 

HHhI3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fid

Just now, Eciu said:

Cutter is really old. It was sculpted after Squalo, Guijia and Szalamander. Jose Luis Roig really outdid himself with such a fine handcrafted jewel (and make up for the Squalo, his very first tag). It may probably get a sure resculpt when Varuna comes.

On the other hand Jottum belongs to the new generation of 3D sculpted TAGs based on a very thoutghfully designed frame. So no chance it will have a resculpt, it's simply too new and truth be told really bad ass!

8 minutes ago, Eciu said:

Jotum is 3D sculpted and newer than the Dragao (with which is shares an armature) my memory isn't perfect but I think they were late HSN2/just pre-Paradiso. 

Cutter and Avatar will be the oldest TAGs once Szally gets her resculpt. I'd argue both hold up much better than the 1e Szally/Guija/Squalo though. 

I don't think the Lizard is 3D sculpted but it does have the little pilot arms that the old manned TAGs lacked so it looks less dated. 

11 minutes ago, Col said:

Those are awesome, the problem is that they're more awesome than the new ones.

Just now, Col said:

I don't think the Lizard is 3D sculpted but it does have the little pilot arms that the old manned TAGs lacked so it looks less dated. 

You're right. It's is not. It was sculpted briefly after the Avatar by the old Guijia sculptor, Yannick Hennebo, , so it's there with the Cutter and Avatar as last standing first generation TAGs.

Just now, Pierzasty said:

Those are awesome, the problem is that they're more awesome than the new ones.

And incredibly small even at the oldscale. The male morlock actually was an extra for hobbits in LoTR. XD

16 minutes ago, Col said:

We have a new Morlock box, and Colossock was done in the same style.

KY7dISi.jpg

New morlock is slightly different, straps are of a different style and placement

collosus morlock also uses the standard nomad trouser design while the old morlocks have the looser old trouser style that old moderators had in addition to a few minor differences in the shape of the wrist bands and to the way the back panels of the coat are cut

Corvus-Belli-Infinity-Morlock-2.jpg

We demand more bakunin love.

Casandra and lizard please.

I also cant understand why metachemistry level 2 is not still the main bakunin thing.