AdmiralJCJF

I Have To Get This Off My Chest

246 posts in this topic

#Panocanthavenicethings

I must admit I felt a twang of jealousy when I saw the news... I just have to keep telling myself that maybe this means that we'll finally get some general release CSU minis.

A friend was going to sell me his Pre-order from the Beyond Red Veil, but has since redacted that offer because of the IS developments haha..

Well it's easier to sell the beyond boxes that way. That opening post though, can't tell if tone is joking or serious. The font is a nice touch..

XD

The fact that a non PanO has access to cheap bs 12 units is in itself shocking as it is one of our "uniqueness". The stats of the CSU howl "PanO" by themselves. But don't worry, we are not going to have something that is unique to any of the others faction. After all, isn't this year (as all the others too) the IS year? 

Just now, Ayadan said:

After all, isn't this year (as all the others too) the IS year? 

- Models wise it's being a very light year for many factions, except Nomads, Haqq, Ariadna and, if Hospitallier box is confirmed for before the end of this year, PanO.

- Rules wise all the TAGline season has given TAGs, specially remote presence ones a very important boost. And is yet to see what faction gets one Alive member. But I acknowledge the bounty hunters for IS are nice. Developers seem to support the idea of IS being the alternative list for someone interested in a bounty hunter / corporate themed list in the same way QK is the sectorial for a merc list. 

- Events wise, PanO perfoming really great in Wotan, if not winning, Being, if not the first, the second most popular faction; and PanO winning the Interplanetario. It's being a good year for PanO.

43 minutes ago, Vaulsc said:

Well it's easier to sell the beyond boxes that way. That opening post though, can't tell if tone is joking or serious. The font is a nice touch..

It's comic sans so it must be a joke about how Pan O players have a bad reputation for complaining...

right?

Like nobody would ACTUALLY be this upset about IS getting a cheap BS 12 model, because they already had ABH which are exactly that.

I won't even run CSU's in imperial service. They're just redundant. Really useful unit in NCA though.

Meh, I never even use CSU. lol

I suppose I should, breaker rifles are nice.

4 minutes ago, Vaulsc said:

I won't even run CSU's in imperial service. They're just redundant. Really useful unit in NCA though.

This is a pretty fair assessment.

Why buy for 11pts something to cover a role that you can accomplish with a 5pt model?

They are ok backup attack pieces, but IS also already has plenty of those.

Somehow that only makes it worse :rain-cloud:

23 minutes ago, Janzerker said:

- Models wise it's being a very light year for many factions, except Nomads, Haqq, Ariadna and, if Hospitallier box is confirmed for before the end of this year, PanO.

So the most part of the Yu-Jing releases this year weren't ISS ones? 

23 minutes ago, Janzerker said:

- Rules wise all the TAGline season has given TAGs, specially remote presence ones a very important boost. And is yet to see what faction gets one Alive member. But I acknowledge the bounty hunters for IS are nice. Developers seem to support the idea of IS being the alternative list for someone interested in a bounty hunter / corporate themed list in the same way QK is the sectorial for a merc list. 

We all received a buff. And I can assure you that WIP 10 is a pain when you need to take an objective while the others Pilots doesn't have this problem. They have others, I know as I saw one of my friend destroy one of his Geckos while tempting to repair it.

But for ISS and CSU, they could have done that in another way. If I recall well there was a thread about PanO stomping on the others' feet. Seems that it is our turn. With some less developped factions gaining abilities to properly stomp PanO for being the best active shooter and ISS receiving two waves of reinforcements with PanO stats and costs, its getting tiring to see that we just see the others reaching our position while we receive very few to keep the gap. Beyond Icestorm just give a rework of Kamau with old skill while Yu-Jing received a discount AND a new troop, Haqqislam received a rework with a new and super strong skill and Nomads both with Kriza Borac. 

42 minutes ago, Janzerker said:

- Events wise, PanO perfoming really great in Wotan, if not winning, Being, if not the first, the second most popular faction; and PanO winning the Interplanetario. It's being a good year for PanO.

That's only thanks to the players. We received nothing for that. And will surely never ever. 

18 minutes ago, Ayadan said:

So the most part of the Yu-Jing releases this year weren't ISS ones? 

Guijia pilot , Zhanying hacker (IS) , Oyoroi Pilot and regarding YuJing this year until now, that's it. For August Beyong Red veil Box ( Dao Fei (White Banner) , Guilang (White Banner), Zhanying breaker (IS) ) and for September Shikami (JSA).

If you want to count Major Lunah , do it. But it's not a YuJing release.

We all received a buff. And I can assure you that WIP 10 is a pain when you need to take an objective while the others Pilots doesn't have this problem. They have others, I know as I saw one of my friend destroy one of his Geckos while tempting to repair it.

With exception Gecko pilots, the rest of manned pilots can hardly be considered a buff. While they can accomplish objectives now, that comes at a high risk. On the other hand remote presence pilots are less punishing. I'm sure many players from factions with manned TAGs would gladly interchange their manned pilots with the remote presence ones. Remote Presence TAGs were already far better than manned TAGs, and the buff just made the gap wider.

Beyond Icestorm just give a rework of Kamau with old skill while Yu-Jing received a discount AND a new troop, Haqqislam received a rework with a new and super strong skill and Nomads both with Kriza Borac. 

A discount and a new troop? Developers just tossed in an already existing mercenary unit. Regarding discount, which discount in Beyond box?

51 minutes ago, Vaulsc said:

I think the addition is more a flavour thing for people wanting to run a bounty hunter/corporation type ISS though. The mix of these type of units plus the agents its actually quite cool and could create very interesting lists. 

In regards to buffing the army, I don't think it adds much. Just another choice which ISS players are spoilt for.

@AdmiralJCJF having just played NCA vaul we should try line up a game soon :D

If I was King for a day I'd just give NCA's CSU's something special like the ability to form a haris with an ORC or DEVA.... among many other things I'd give NCA, flavourwise. Expect a big youtube rant at the end of "army-swap month".

Just now, Vaulsc said:

If I was King for a day I'd just give NCA's CSU's something special like the ability to form a haris with an ORC or DEVA.... among many other things I'd give NCA, flavourwise. Expect a big youtube rant at the end of "army-swap month".

Go read the fluff regarding fireteams and you'll see your suggestions don't make much sense.  

Hey, not everything in Infinity makes sense :)

IS is definitely the favorite child for CB currently.   As a Pano player I am just glad that they don't have access to smoke, as I know that their abundance of MSV2 access would cause an imbalance in the game that could never be reversed.

Oh wait.  They do.  On a profile which will be seen in practically every list.    And also allows for up to 8 5-point regular order cheerleaders.  

FUUUUU-

Alright, Pano bitching is out of the way, now I can go back to being content with my Ariadna.

Just now, Vaulsc said:

Hey, not everything in Infinity makes sense :)

I can understand PanO players feeling pissed off about the CSU, but it's not as if YJ players had asked for CSU to be given to them. Personally I'd rather have liked to see a small new addition of a skill or equipment to the profile of one of the the other YJ minis coming in the box. While PanO have seen the tech Bee and the new provisional profile for Kamaus of the upcoming Varuna Sectorial, Haqqislam players have seen the Al Fasid and the new profile tweaks to Tariq and folks for the upcoming Ramah task Force sectorial, Nomads have seen the Kriza Borac for Tunguska and Aleph have seen the Danava for the upcoming OSS. YuJing, Ariadna, CA and Tohaa have yet to see something for their respectives Invincible Army, TAK, Shasvastii Expeditionary Force and Triumvirate sectorials.  

to be fair, ariadna got USARF pretty recently.

Though I still really really want a bagpiper in CHA and AVA5 for the Wulvers

Pano got updated Kamau, Nomad got Kriza and Haqq got updated Khawarij and Tarik. ISS getting CSU is probably the least powerful addition from Beyond.

I'd totally run them though, rolling on Metachemistry chart is fun!

Am I the only one who is bugged by the fact that the symbol is still blue... I mean come on, could they not have at least changed the color and text in the Army builder (for anybody wondering, Alguaciles in QK do this and become green, so there is a precedent even for identical units). Now THAT would have been a lot more flavorful. 

Oh, is ISS really THAT better? 

Should I sell my PanO in order to buy some ISS guys?:)

2 minutes ago, Injenegr said:

Oh, is ISS really THAT better? 

Should I sell my PanO in order to buy some ISS guys?:)

It's not a matter of "better," but rather a matter of flexibility.   Pano does just fine, but is rather lacking in terms of variety and versatility.    The CSU going to ISS isn't the end of the world, it just feels like a slap in the face to have to share one of our unique units with what is already a much more diverse and flavorful faction.