MAlgol

Hacking REM/TAG equipped with a Repeater

Question

1) Can my REMs and TAGs that has a Repeater be hacked by an enemy without it being inside its Hacking Area?
(It would go through a Firewall of course and the TAG has a ECM so it would be difficult to hack it.)

2) Do all my Hackers get ARO since the Repeater counts as their Hacking Area?

9 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, MAlgol said:

1) Can my REMs and TAGs that has a Repeater be hacked by an enemy without it being inside its Hacking Area?
(It would go through a Firewall of course and the TAG has a ECM so it would be difficult to hack it.)

1) Anything that is hacked need to be inside the hacking area of the enemy hacker. Enemy Repeaters only extend hacking area to include the corresponding hackers, not HI, TAGs, or REMs unless they are also Hackers.

2) I think this question follows some logic with regards to question 1 that does not apply.
If the enemy hacker is inside range of one of your Repeaters, then all of your hackers get a hacking ARO. If the active enemy hacker is not inside a repeater then only your hackers that are inside ZoC of an enemy repeater or the active hacker get an ARO.

1) So a REM/TAG must be inside another Repeater beside its own for it to be hackable?

Examples with repeater and Hacking Area.

A ) No one can hack the other.
D.jpg

B ) Green can hack Red through a Firewall but Red can not hack Green.
A.jpg

C ) Both can hack each other but both goes through a Firewall.
C.jpg

D ) Green can hack Red and Red can hack Green through a Firewall.
B.jpg

Example with REM/TAG with a Repeater:

RA ) No one can hack the other since nothing is within hacking Area.
RA.jpg

RB ) Red can Hack Greens REM since its withing its own repeater.
RB.jpg

RC ) Red hacker can hack Green REM since its withing another Repeater but Red will have to go through a Firewall.
RC.jpg

49 minutes ago, MAlgol said:

1) So a REM/TAG must be inside another Repeater beside its own for it to be hackable?

D.jpg

A.jpg

C.jpg

B.jpg

RA.jpg

RB.jpg

RC ) Red hacker can hack Green REM since its withing another Repeater but Red will have to go through a Firewall.
RC.jpg

RC:  No.  Red Hacker would need to be in the ZoC of the green (enemy) repeater to hack using it.

2 hours ago, MAlgol said:

D.jpg

A.jpg

C.jpg

B.jpg

RA.jpg

RB.jpg

RC.jpg

You really need to explain what is what in your diagrams.

I am going to assume that the green and red dots are hackers and the beige circles are their ZoC.
I am going to assume that the black(?) dots are repeaters and the green and red circles are the extended hacking area.
I am going to assume that the green circle represents the green dot's repeater and the red circle represents the red dot's repeater.

A) True

B ) False, green cannot hack through red's repeater unless green is standing within that repeater's extended hacking area.

C) False, you cannot "daisy chain" repeaters in this manner; to use an enemy repeater your hacker must be within the repeater's extended hacking area.

D) True.

RA) True.

RB) True.

RC) False, red can't use green's repeaters unless red himself is standing within the repeater's extended hacking area.

5 hours ago, MAlgol said:

Just to be certain, ECM doesn't actually effect hacking right?

55 minutes ago, Hiereth said:

It does not. 

Did some mistakes but they are mostly corrected by myself or your answers. Thanks. And @inane.imp made a post that explained a lot, or will.

16 hours ago, Hiereth said:

That is true, i knew that. =)

13 hours ago, MAlgol said:

Did some mistakes but they are mostly corrected by myself or your answers. Thanks. And @inane.imp made a post that explained a lot, or will.

That is true, i knew that. =)

On 8/21/2017 at 3:57 AM, MAlgol said:

Your diagrams are what inspired me (by being wrong / hard to understand) :). I've explained this thing a lot to new members of our club; it's something that takes people a while to get their head around. I've had a lot of responses to some things (What, you can Supportware through an enemy Repeater? being the main one); I'll probably end up building them for various specific Active / Reactive Scenarios as they come up and need explaining.

Hacking Area (General).jpg

3 hours ago, inane.imp said:

Your diagrams are what inspired me (by being wrong / hard to understand) :). I've explained this thing a lot to new members of our club; it's something that takes people a while to get their head around. I've had a lot of responses to some things (What, you can Supportware through an enemy Repeater? being the main one); I'll probably end up building them for various specific Active / Reactive Scenarios as they come up and need explaining.

:_pc__rvmp_by_bad_blood: