Followers 0
inane.imp

Hacking Area - Pictographically

Question

9 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, inane.imp said:

Let me know if I've got anything wrong.

Scenario 11.jpg

Scenarios 1 through 10 checks out for me. This one (11) doesn't. Bob is still a Hacker, even if unconscious, and can be hacked by Alice (suffering Firewall Mods).

Excellent diagrams, by the way!

Nice illustrations, should become part of wiki.

59 minutes ago, inane.imp said: Let me know if I've got anything wrong.

Scenario 11.jpg

Scenarios 1 through 10 checks out for me. This one (11) doesn't. Bob is still a Hacker, even if unconscious, and can be hacked by Alice (suffering Firewall Mods).

Excellent diagrams, by the way!

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This Hacker is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-HACKER!!

Edit: it's mainly in there for that gag. Bob is dead, not Unc.

23 minutes ago, inane.imp said:

Edit: it's mainly in there for that gag. Bob is dead, not Unc.

Right. Bob having a zone of control threw me off, since dead people just can't control themselves. ♪'cause this is thriller, thriller night!♫

2 hours ago, inane.imp said:

Let me know if I've got anything wrong.

Hacking Area (General).jpg

I think 3rd bullet point "The area within ZOC of any Hostile Repeater Alice is inside ZOC of" is wrong. 

2 hours ago, inane.imp said: Let me know if I've got anything wrong.

Hacking Area (General).jpg

I think 3rd bullet point "The area within ZOC of any Hostile Repeater Alice is inside ZOC of" is wrong. 

From the wiki:

Hackers can also attempt to hack through an enemy Repeater only if the Repeater is inside their Zone of Control. By doing this, they can perform hacking attempts against targets inside the Zone of Control of the enemy Repeater, and also against any enemy Hacker, but they suffer the Firewall MODs (a -3 MOD to their WIP Roll, while their target gets a +3 MOD to his BTS).

Most excellent diagrams! This goes a long ways to clearing up hacking for me. I really like hacking. It's why I picked up DeFersen.

In the Hacking Area diagram, I would clarify that the enemy hackers are only considered to be within the hacking area while the hacker is within ZoC of an enemy repeater.

@inane.imp I posted this on the new forums.  If you want to post it yourself, I'll request mine get deleted.

@inane.imp I posted this on the new forums.  If you want to post it yourself, I'll request mine get deleted.

All good. I'm away at the moment so can't forum much.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0