Drakhaus

Hac Tao - Sun Tze possible synergy ?

7 posts in this topic

Hello guys,
I was wondering if adding both the Sun Tze profil (the advanced command one) and the Hac Tao with Executive Order in a 300pts Yu Jing vanilla list might work with the following synergy: Since deploying Sun Tze states to your opponent who the lieutenant is pretty obviously, when the Hac Tao is present on the board, executive order automatically makes him the new lieutenant.

I was just wondering if in this scenario, do we keep the benefits of Strategos N1: turning the lieutenant order into a regular order, despite the Hac Tao being the actual lieutenant instead of Sun Tze?

You will lose the benefit of Strategos once the Hac Tao appears, as Strategos only works when the trooper with  it is the Lt. 

28 minutes ago, Col said:

You will lose the benefit of Strategos once the Hac Tao appears, as Strategos only works when the trooper with  it is the Lt. 

Fair enough.

I was building the following lists having in mind the idea of forcing my opponent to deploy everything that can be with Strategos N3 then keeping aside my Hac Tao and Daofei to decide where each of them will hunt their designed prey, and since Strategos is mainly about affecting deployment, I don't suppose it is too much of a problem losing the benefits of strategos N1 when deploying the Hac Tao with Executive order, I just would like some advice on how to make the list more optimised with a bigger order count?

logo_201.png Yu Jing
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
orden_regular.png
logo_20.pngSUN TZE Lieutenant (Advanced Command) MULTI Rifle, 2 Nanopulsers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 65)
logo_8.pngHAC TAO (Executive Order) HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 69)
logo_7.pngDÀOFĚI Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 55)
logo_11.pngGŬILÁNG (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
logo_11.pngGŬILÁNG (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
logo_61.pngMAJOR LUNAH Viral Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
logo_21.pngKEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
5.5 SWC | 299 Points

7 minutes ago, Drakhaus said:

I don't suppose it is too much of a problem losing the benefits of strategos N1 when deploying the Hac Tao with Executive order,

i agree with that. the higher level of strategos already gave you a big bonus (paid for, of course).

Note Strategos L1 is still benefiting you on turn 1 as you create the order pool before spending order to move the HD TO marker. Then, if you are going 2nd you also benefit from strategos L1 a little more as the opponent doesn't yet know that it stopped having an effect. He will only know it on your turn.

As already mentioned you lose the benefit from Strategos level 1 but by then you've already gotten all you need from the higher levels and extra command token. 

Since the Hac tao is likely to be the one using most of the order pool it's unlikely that you will lose much from doing it although it's a shame to lose the flexibility. There are additional benefits though from allowing you be to more aggressive with Sun Tze, I particularly like the thought of using this tactic with the marksman profile and a multi-sniper. As a Lt he's more fragile than the other version (although still quite tough) and a BS 14 multi-sniper with marksmanship lvl1 is kind of sweet. The MSV1 doesn't hurt either and the benefit of this is that you can set up up last with a few choice targets to get rid of before getting the Hac tao out to take over. 

There are levels of mind games you can end up playing with this kind of set up including taking a Kanren for holo-projector level 2 so you can deploy two Sun Tzes and see which the opponent worries is the real one. Having the killer hacker Kanren pretend to be Sun Tze V1 is quite fun. 

Why though? Take an LT you can use as bait or a generic lt to make something else look like the lt like a cg + crane.

I think a Pheasant CoC would be better, as you get to use Sun Tze's Advance Command up until he dies, but it's an interesting idea.