Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vita Nova

TO Camo Declaring Hold Against Camo

Question

Can a model in the Hidden Deployment state declare the Hold ARO against a model in the Camouflage Marker state?

Example in play: An SAS in CH: Camouflage approaches a console. A Ninja in Hidden Deployment due to their CH: TO Camouflage is 3" behind the console. The SAS's movement path directly provokes an ARO from the Hidden Deployment ninja.

Can the Ninja in their Hidden Deployment state declare Hold (without revealing!), wait until the SAS reveals by declaring Activate Console, revealing himself-- and then reveal their Hidden Deployment's location, place their marker and subsequently reveal the marker as a Ninja when declaring shoot?

We weren't sure what to do here. If I knew he had TO Camo, I would have not used his second short skill to reveal, taking a guaranteed shot, for example. I might have spent another order to go prone and go directly behind the cover from the Camo token to activate instead. But if this is legal, wow, ouch. Good counter to my SAS and Uxia for sure.

6 answers to this question

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Hidden_Deployment

N3 Frequently Asked Question Updated: 1.2

Q: Can you delay the ARO with a trooper in Hidden Deployment?

A: Yes, but you have to place the TO Camouflage Marker, cancelling the Hidden Deployment state.

You may declare that you're holding an ARO with the Ninja, but if you do you need to reveal them from Hidden Deployment.  Applicable rule below.  If they're not on the game table they can't hold an ARO.

Hidden Deployment

[...]
Effects

• [...]
  • Until a trooper's Hidden Deployment state is canceled, that trooper is considered not to be on the game table at all. Consequently, such a trooper does not affect allied LoF, is not affected by Template Weapons, etc.

And here's the FAQ: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Hidden_Deployment

N3 Frequently Asked Question Updated: 1.2
Q: Can you delay the ARO with a trooper in Hidden Deployment?
A: Yes, but you have to place the TO Camouflage Marker, cancelling the Hidden Deployment state.
Related Pages: Hidden Deployment, ARO

More or less I'm just surprised when we quickly debated this that neither of us found that FAQ. Ugh, I have such a bad track record with this! I was pretty much told that reading the book makes things clearer, so when I look up things in the book, I of course run into something just in the online FAQ...

:(

8 hours ago, Vita Nova said:

More or less I'm just surprised when we quickly debated this that neither of us found that FAQ. Ugh, I have such a bad track record with this! I was pretty much told that reading the book makes things clearer, so when I look up things in the book, I of course run into something just in the online FAQ...

:(

It pretty much was an oversight in the rules. It is not clearly stated, but when you delay you also have to state which trooper delays against what target. I don't think the devs initially thought that players would just make a mental note of a trooper being in a "delaying state" so to speak.