Abd Al-Azrad

Haqqislam fireteams: Which is the best general prupose fireteam?

Haqqislam Fireteams   33 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Fireteam do you like the best?


Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

So I was just wondering what everyone's favorite fireteam was in QK? How do you use them what do you take with them ect and what is the best combination for what situation?

Go ahead and explain your answer in more depth if you vote.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My preference is djanbzan. If it was possible to mix hafza with Merc units I may switch. Being able to cut your cost gives you a lot of wiggle room in army building. The djanbzan also have a couple good specialist options which the odalisque are missing. The janisaries are good but just a bit too pricy for if you want a 5 man link.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of versatility, either Kaplans or Ghulams, with advantage to the Ghulams. 

Kaplans are a good elite fireteam with great combat options and reasonable Specialist options (WIP 14 Doc, Engineer, D-Charges). Mimetism and fancy weapons (Combis, Multisnipe, Spitfire, ADHL, Blitzens) makes them fantastic midrange gunfighters who can move out and push buttons. 

Ghulams are a great basic fireteam that can boast a better variety of Specialists (FO, Hacker, Doctor). Their Light Shotguns make them decent if they need to move out, but they're pretty soft. Looking at Ghulams in terms of "General Purpose" though, I think they're better than the Kaplans because of their breadth of Specialist options, and breadth of non-specific weapon options. For example, while they can't take a Multisnipe or Spitfire, their less boutique weapons (ML and HMG) are arguably more dangerous. Fancy != Useful, and it's hard to argue that gluing an enemy unit is more effective than blowing it away with a missile. 

My main issue with the Ghulams is that basic LI Fireteams should be supporting very strong, more expensive pieces. Neither sectorial (HB / QK) has access to a formidable TAG, or an active turn monster (Hac Tao / Swiss, Hsien / Aquila, TAG, things like that). In support of something like those units, or a Haqq-specific monster like Tarik, they'd be a lot better. In QK, you're kind of depending on your Fireteam to do the heavy lifting. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KTS, Ghulam, and Sekban are probably the best all around for versatility, and the later two come with the benefit of being able to add Hafza.   The other links are great, but slightly more specialized.

43 minutes ago, Triggerpuller9000 said:

My main issue with the Ghulams is that basic LI Fireteams should be supporting very strong, more expensive pieces. Neither sectorial (HB / QK) has access to a formidable TAG, or an active turn monster (Hac Tao / Swiss, Hsien / Aquila, TAG, things like that). In support of something like those units, or a Haqq-specific monster like Tarik, they'd be a lot better. In QK, you're kind of depending on your Fireteam to do the heavy lifting. 


A harris of Sekban or Odi's with a spitfire makes for a great supporting attack squad.   That aside, I don't think that QK functions like a lot of other factions, so this framework isn't necessary to make them effective.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: Nevermind, got confused by thread name.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asawira Haris is the best.

With 14BS 14PH 14WIP+Doctor plus 2W and regeneration they are almost immortal. And Boarding shotguns with B 3 and BS 20. Is there need to say more?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You probably should have mentioned that we're talking about Qapu in the title :P

I think a lot of people haven't figured out how amazing Sekban have gotten in the last update.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The title is misleading.

It says "Haqqislam", not "Qapu Khalqi". Which implies it encomapsses both sectorials, and the possible Duo Fireteams in Vanilla.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For my full fireteam (e.g., not Duo or Haris), I'd say:

Top Tier: Djanbazans, Ghulams

Mid Tier: Janissary, Odalisque, Sekbans, Kaplans

What Tier: Hafza

Withholding Judgment Tier: Druze

 

 Hafza on their own...not sure about that one. In general, I think Medium Infantry beg to be linked since it mitigates their main downside - slower movement. Add on MSV/Regen or BS13/360V, it is hard for me to pass up on Sekbans or Djanbazans. Ghulams get a nod because of the options, but I admit I don't normally look to the cheapest LI for my linking needs. They are good to lean on if you want a Haris and Duo. Also, as much as I like Kaplans, not having a proper Doctor Plus ticks them down a notch, as does their inability to take Hafzas. Janissaries links are fine - especially with Hafzas to mitigate the cost - but I'm not huge on basic HI links. Basically I think I'm biased for MI, even though there is a sort of 'common knowledge' that MI aren't as good.

 

For Haris, it is a tough call for me too. Odalisques can dish out and take a lot of damage, but the ability of Sekbans to take a linked specialist gives them the edge.

 

Druze could be a contender on both fronts if all/most of the Outrage profiles make it into the ITS system, but as others have pointed out, they seem like they will probably be tweaked/optimized a bit more and I don't think judging them in the current state is wise.

 

If it matters, in the HB, I'll be a Muyib man til I die.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer Ghulam Fireteam (HMG,ML,Doc,Deployable Repeater,Leila).

This gives the team a repeater they can drop to hack through to give Leila Protection, or drop e/mauler tokens, long range ML, or B5 HMG, or B4 Shockmarksman Rifle, and two specialists, all for a cheap price as well. You can have this link followed by a Sekban and still have two full combat groups almost.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played nearly as much QK as I have HB, and just from the order I've picked things up and and what my usual opponents play, I've done a lot with the Djanbazan Core. That said, it always seems like Kaplans are super popular and I'll be using them a lot more once I get them built.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funduq body shuffle!

Why pick one, if You can have all of them?!?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried this, but it often necessitates keeping many aspects of your army bunched together (e.g., your fireteam near potential fireteam members), which can be a liability with templates.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I obvously chose Odalsiques.  They are my favorite unit in the whole game.  I do agree, KTS are much better and Sekbans are amazing (although a bit slower, like the Djans).  But I answered honestly in which I liked the most.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried taking Kaplans a couple of times, I just cant get behind them. They are VERY good, but the cost is just huge for 1 wound models. Its nearly 150 pts tied up in a single link that can only take a spitfire and sniper rifle. I love my Sekban HRL, and Ghulam Missile Launchers too much.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very surprised that Djanbazans got so little votes. Those badasses are expensive, but get everything you need in a good link team - HMG for acive hunting, Sniper for long range kills, Shock Marksman for medium ranges, and finally light shotguns in close range. Plus they can surprise everyone with a nice HRL :) Hafza makes the link bit cheaper while even more elastic. And with the support of Yuan Yuan's smoke Djanbazans are capable of killing almost everything rather easy and with little risk - for example Total reaction drones without a chance of them hitting (long range sniper shooting from smoke gives the enemy HMG -12 to hit).

For me they are the best link in QK. I also like Kaplans, Sekbans and plain Ghulams. Still Sekbans lost a bit of edge for me with the Hafza HRL coming to play ;)

 

PozdRawiam / Greetings

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KedzioR_vo said:

Still Sekbans lost a bit of edge for me with the Hafza HRL coming to play ;)

This is the exact reason I don't take full Sekban links. Adding a fire weapon to Djanbazan or Odalisque teams sort of usurps that strength of theirs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2017 at 3:03 AM, Loricus said:

 

I think a lot of people haven't figured out how amazing Sekban have gotten in the last update.

Could you elaborate? I've loved the Sek models for so long but am scratching my head about why i'd ever field them over something else. Especially with the HRL Hafza floating around...

I get them in a Haris but can't imagine ever reaching for them to fill my Core link slot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MMMMK said:

Could you elaborate? I've loved the Sek models for so long but am scratching my head about why i'd ever field them over something else. Especially with the HRL Hafza floating around...

I get them in a Haris but can't imagine ever reaching for them to fill my Core link slot.

I like them because they are BS13, Chain Colts, AP Rifles, and Light Shotguns. Their HRL is cheap as dirt, and they have 360 visors. So they have the offensive power of our HI, the armor of our HI, but cost a third less than our HI.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, theGricks said:

I like them because they are BS13, Chain Colts, AP Rifles, and Light Shotguns. Their HRL is cheap as dirt, and they have 360 visors. So they have the offensive power of our HI, the armor of our HI, but cost a third less than our HI.

Thanks. But just to illustrate the point I was making, I've put together a few competing link teams in the Sekban's price range:

logo_403.png Qapu Khalqi
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5   (112 points 3 SWC)
logo_6.pngSEKBAN Spitfire / Pistol, Stun Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
logo_6.pngSEKBAN Doctor Plus (MediKit) Boarding Shotgun, Chain-colt / Pistol, Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_6.pngSEKBAN AP Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_6.pngSEKBAN Heavy Rocket Launcher, Chain-colt / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
logo_4.pngHAFZA (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  (109 points 2.5 SWC)
logo_2.pngODALISQUE Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 30)
logo_2.pngODALISQUE Submachine gun, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
logo_2.pngODALISQUE Submachine gun, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
logo_4.pngHAFZA Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
logo_4.pngHAFZA (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)

GROUP 3sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  (130 points 3 SWC)
logo_7.pngDJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
logo_7.pngDJANBAZAN Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
logo_7.pngDJANBAZAN Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
logo_4.pngHAFZA Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
logo_4.pngHAFZA (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)

GROUP 4sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  (112 points 2.5 SWC)
logo_12.pngDRUZE (X Visor) Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 25)
logo_12.pngDRUZE (X Visor) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 23)
logo_12.pngDRUZE Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 19)
logo_12.pngDRUZE Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 24)
logo_12.pngDRUZE Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 21)

Open in Infinity Army

And I think you can see my problem here. For roughly the same cost you have all these other options that outperform the Sekban in one or more ways, either offensively (Druze) defensively (Odas) or arguably both (Djans). I know it's not cut and dry, and the Seks do have some advantages, I just find that 360 visor and chain colts are hard to realistically get use out of compared to what the other teams bring. BS 13 is nice but it's nowhere near NWI, X-Visor or MSV2/Regen in my opinion.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MMMMK said:

Thanks. But just to illustrate the point I was making, I've put together a few competing link teams in the Sekban's price range:

logo_403.png Qapu Khalqi
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5   (112 points 3 SWC)
logo_6.pngSEKBAN Spitfire / Pistol, Stun Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
logo_6.pngSEKBAN Doctor Plus (MediKit) Boarding Shotgun, Chain-colt / Pistol, Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_6.pngSEKBAN AP Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_6.pngSEKBAN Heavy Rocket Launcher, Chain-colt / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
logo_4.pngHAFZA (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  (109 points 2.5 SWC)
logo_2.pngODALISQUE Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 30)
logo_2.pngODALISQUE Submachine gun, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
logo_2.pngODALISQUE Submachine gun, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
logo_4.pngHAFZA Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
logo_4.pngHAFZA (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)

GROUP 3sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  (130 points 3 SWC)
logo_7.pngDJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
logo_7.pngDJANBAZAN Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
logo_7.pngDJANBAZAN Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
logo_4.pngHAFZA Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
logo_4.pngHAFZA (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)

GROUP 4sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  (112 points 2.5 SWC)
logo_12.pngDRUZE (X Visor) Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 25)
logo_12.pngDRUZE (X Visor) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 23)
logo_12.pngDRUZE Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 19)
logo_12.pngDRUZE Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 24)
logo_12.pngDRUZE Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 21)

Open in Infinity Army

And I think you can see my problem here. For roughly the same cost you have all these other options that outperform the Sekban in one or more ways, either offensively (Druze) defensively (Odas) or arguably both (Djans). I know it's not cut and dry, and the Seks do have some advantages, I just find that 360 visor and chain colts are hard to realistically get use out of compared to what the other teams bring. BS 13 is nice but it's nowhere near NWI, X-Visor or MSV2/Regen in my opinion.

Those are good points, and I think the Druze are really the direct comparison, and really it all comes down to your own preference. I personally mostly write off links that cant have a Doctor or Doctor Plus, as it means I have to take an outside investment, which is usually why I don't take Odalisques outside of a haris. All of these teams are comparable though and mostly comes down to personal preferences. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sekban HRL and/or Spitfire is a delivery jacket for AP rifles and Chain Colts to fire in concert. In many missions the final holder of an obective gets basically all the points. Don't surrender from getting stuck with first turn! Bring a plan, Sekban are mine.

I never put a Hafza in with my Sekban, every slot open to put another AP Rifle is taken. I might have a Hafza nearby to relink in if I am also using a HRL ARO and it dies. AVA TOTAL or 8 Sekban would be nice.

 

Druze are great but you lose Doctor, and more importantly a rifle line of AP+Chain Colt. The more guys with that loadout the better. Also the 360 visor is vital to holding territory.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dakara said:

@Abd Al-Azrad aru unable to write "Hassassin Govads"? :X

Seems he's interested in Qapu Khalqi teams only.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now