Col

What's that coming October hill, is it Releases? Is it RELEASEEES? Awesome Corregidor trailer 3/10

306 posts in this topic

So... nothing that anyone actually wants or ever spammed their begging for until long past the point of being annoying?  We may as well skip this month then!

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CA HVT is a must buy for me and I don't even play CA. The model is just great.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elric of Grans said:

I thought I had worded it in a way that made my sarcasm pretty obvious (referencing the constant begging for Blackjacks).  Bold Comic Sans in future?

ALWAYS go with bold Comic Sans.

It's the only way to be sure.

 

.

.

.

 

In relation to the actual releases, it's pretty cool to see Blackjacks and Andromeda both out in the same month. While they appeal to different parts of the community these are both highly anticipated models in their own way and it's great to see CB feeding the monster.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a list somewhere of the 300 pt Corregidor box? Is it like the Steel Phalanx one with no new models?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tomjoad said:

Is there a list somewhere of the 300 pt Corregidor box? Is it like the Steel Phalanx one with no new models?

Yes there is.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golem2God said:

Yes there is.

And people say the internet sucks...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Elric of Grans said:

I thought I had worded it in a way that made my sarcasm pretty obvious (referencing the constant begging for Blackjacks).  Bold Comic Sans in future?

Sorry, my bad, I'm used to speculation threads being full of, uh... opinions! 

14 minutes ago, tomjoad said:

Is there a list somewhere of the 300 pt Corregidor box? Is it like the Steel Phalanx one with no new models?

All the 300pt boxes have been bundles off existing models, IIRC the contents are:

Tomcats box

Brigada box

McMurder

Bandit BSG

Alguacile hacker 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy, Brigada pain train boxes, huh?

 

"Ooy, Father Scotty, tell the Swiss boys to pack their Missile Launchers.

What? Yeah... we're gonna teach the scrubs how to play HI Links the hard way.

Who said I'd be nice to the new guys? If I find out who spreads things like that he gets a free ride out of the next airlock!"

 

Ah, I get it now, "pain" train. *chuckle*

Oh my, yes that font is Trebuchet... Deus Vult? 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Teslarod said:

Oh boy, Brigada pain train boxes, huh?

You deploy for Pain Train.  Newbie opponent never saw Appleseed or Bubblegum Crisis and instead went "OMG, freaking werewolves?"  McMurder eats your cheerleaders.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MB Pain Train is still legit, used it recently. Totally kicked ass.

If you've got the sonic they've got the boom!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys

I believe it was mentioned in Bostria's presentation that with the new 300pt box sets coming in the old ones would stop - 'one in, one out' as such.

So when the new Nomad Corregidor drops do we know which one will be out? Adriana, Tohaa, Combined Onyx or Aleph.

Do we know if it is going to be one for one or will there be more added/removed?

Finally, do we believe it will take effect straight away in October? 

I wouldn't want to miss out on a second army (or third as the case may be) ;)

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's supposed to be Tohaa that goes next.

 

So far the pattern has been:

Combined->Tohaa->ALEPH

The USARF thing isn't a 300 points box. It isn't even 200 points.

Editorial comment:

I personally think that the USARF "starter set"(the 6 model set) shouldn't be considered anything more than a "booster pack". It doesn't give you anywhere near a reasonably playable force to work with, thanks to the 6 model cap and Ariadna models being cheap pointswise.

I can only hope that the USARF army pack stays a regular stock item.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fishing for the right terminology (suffering from early morning + con funk after GenCon) but the boxes like USAr (as well as the 4 new Sectorial starters that are coming in 2018) are different than the full 300 point boxes for Tohaa, Onyx, Steel Phalanx.  The 300 point boxes are not meant to showcase new releases, but are essentially a repack of old releases, and their availability will rotate.  The new Sectorial starters (such as USAr, and Varuna/TAK/Invincible Army/etc.) are not 300 points, will feature new units/minis, and are supposed to be permanent fixed releases.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barakiel said:

I'm fishing for the right terminology (suffering from early morning + con funk after GenCon) but the boxes like USAr (as well as the 4 new Sectorial starters that are coming in 2018) are different than the full 300 point boxes for Tohaa, Onyx, Steel Phalanx.  The 300 point boxes are not meant to showcase new releases, but are essentially a repack of old releases, and their availability will rotate.  The new Sectorial starters (such as USAr, and Varuna/TAK/Invincible Army/etc.) are not 300 points, will feature new units/minis, and are supposed to be permanent fixed releases.

I would just call them "Army Packs".

The 300 point boxes have that 300 point specific notation, so it lets you have things specific.

 

Etc you say, do continue...:)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Kanluwen said:

Etc you say, do continue...:)

It's still up in the air as to which Sectorials we'll see in 2018.  Varuna and Tunguska were the two that CB staff mentioned often at GenCon, as examples of recipients for USAriadna-style boxes.  In the face-to-face time with Carlos, both in the Warcor discussion and the seminar, Varuna and Tunguska were held up as the example of "when we release new Sectorials in 2018."  We also know that Invincible Army and TAK are pretty much done with playtesting.  I've also seen people point to Haqq as being pretty much ready-to-roll as well, with a huge surge of model releases to help prime them.

So I wish I knew more... But it really seems possible that any of those 5 could be showing up in 2018.  Carlos did mention that Yu Jing has a very busy release schedule for 2018 (he wasn't specific as to what that consists of) so that seems to indicate Invincible Army.  We also know Tunguska is far along, as evidenced by things like newly commissioned artwork, the Szalamandra, etc. so it seems likely we'll see both of those.  But it's anyone's game, really.

CB's new quarterly release schedule for "big things" is pretty amazing, especially since they'll be keeping up the familiar month-to-month release schedule we all know, as well as quarterly Aristeia expansions.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barakiel said:

It's still up in the air as to which Sectorials we'll see in 2018.  Varuna and Tunguska were the two that CB staff mentioned often at GenCon, as examples of recipients for USAriadna-style boxes.  In the face-to-face time with Carlos, both in the Warcor discussion and the seminar, Varuna and Tunguska were held up as the example of "when we release new Sectorials in 2018."  We also know that Invincible Army and TAK are pretty much done with playtesting.  I've also seen people point to Haqq as being pretty much ready-to-roll as well, with a huge surge of model releases to help prime them.

So I wish I knew more... But it really seems possible that any of those 5 could be showing up in 2018.  Carlos did mention that Yu Jing has a very busy release schedule for 2018 (he wasn't specific as to what that consists of) so that seems to indicate Invincible Army.  We also know Tunguska is far along, as evidenced by things like newly commissioned artwork, the Szalamandra, etc. so it seems likely we'll see both of those.  But it's anyone's game, really.

CB's new quarterly release schedule for "big things" is pretty amazing, especially since they'll be keeping up the familiar month-to-month release schedule we all know, as well as quarterly Aristeia expansions.  

You can also add Shasvastii to the list. According to @Gamma Ray they were confirmed as 2018 release at Interplanetary. Here is his original post:

 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tomjoad said:

Is there a list somewhere of the 300 pt Corregidor box? Is it like the Steel Phalanx one with no new models?

It's like the Steel Phalanx box except it's so weirdly constructed they had to shove a lieutenant profile on a unit that didn't have it before so it could actually be played as a standalone.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tomjoad said:

Is there a list somewhere of the 300 pt Corregidor box? Is it like the Steel Phalanx one with no new models?

Mobile Brigada (box)

McMurrough (blister)

Tomcats (box)

Alguaciles Hacker (blister)

Bandit with Boarding Shotgun (blister)

As was mentioned though, they literally are having to invent a Boarding Shotgun Mobile Brigada LT profile to make it work.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31 August 2017 at 5:04 AM, Kanluwen said:

 

As was mentioned though, they literally are having to invent a Boarding Shotgun Mobile Brigada LT profile to make it work.

I'm not complaining. Makes Pain Train more practical IMHO

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hachiman Taro said:

I'm not complaining. Makes Pain Train more practical IMHO

So would a Combi Rifle or Multi Rifle in the box.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites