ShadowDrake777

CrazyKoala use cover?

Question

Can CrazyKoala benefit from partial cover?

18 answers to this question

I don't know the answer, but I also wanted to tag on: can mines benefit from partial cover?

19 minutes ago, Vita Nova said:

I don't know the answer, but I also wanted to tag on: can mines benefit from partial cover?

Keep in mind that mines aren't prone.  They're just naturally S0.

Otherwise, the cover mechanics apply to "targets" of BS Attacks, not "troopers" or anything where you'd be able to argue types.  If you shoot at something, you determine if there's partial or total cover and proceed accordingly.

yes, both Total Cover and Partial Cover works on deployables as they are Targets of the attack.

Impetuous don't have Partial Cover MOD because of its listed effect, it is an exception. Same for Template weapon ignoring Cover MOD being a rule exception. Everything else that don't list an exception apply Cover as normal.

So to up the question a bit. Deployable equipment from an impetious trooper

2 hours ago, Paradur said:

Nope, the impetuous trooper has to go towards the nearest trooper.

2 hours ago, Paradur said:

Rephrasing a bit. 

An impetious trooper with a deployable equipment / Helper bot / crazy-fast panda-koala. 

I don't see why the equipment / bot should suffer from the impetious state since it's their owner who has it. 

Sorry for not being clear about what I meant, What @TGreatDk said.

The problem is they are equipment and as such part of the troop, so it could go both ways

3 hours ago, TGreatDk said:

Rephrasing a bit. 

An impetious trooper with a deployable equipment / Helper bot / crazy-fast panda-koala. 

I don't see why the equipment / bot should suffer from the impetious state since it's their owner who has it. 

Because in some cases, the rules say so.

G: Synch says: "If the Controller is, or becomes, Impetuous or Extreme Impetuous, then his Impetuous Order also activates the G: Synchronized trooper, which will be considered Impetuous or Extreme Impetuous as well."

G: Servant says: "If the Doctor/Engineer is, or becomes, Impetuous or Extreme Impetuous, then his Impetuous Order also activates compulsorily the G: Servant trooper, which will be considered Impetuous or Extreme Impetuous as well."

Perimeter has no such text.

Well - you learn something everyday then :)

Thanks for informing me! 

2 hours ago, Mahtamori said:

G: Synch says: "If the Controller is, or becomes, Impetuous or Extreme Impetuous, then his Impetuous Order also activates the G: Synchronized trooper, which will be considered Impetuous or Extreme Impetuous as well."

G: Servant says: "If the Doctor/Engineer is, or becomes, Impetuous or Extreme Impetuous, then his Impetuous Order also activates compulsorily the G: Servant trooper, which will be considered Impetuous or Extreme Impetuous as well."

But they are equipment, so they could be affected by the state of the user. I can't find a rule that states anything clearly on that point.

I assume it's clarified in ghost as they count as individual troopers.

25 minutes ago, Paradur said:

But they are equipment, so they could be affected by the state of the user. I can't find a rule that states anything clearly on that point.

I assume it's clarified in ghost as they count as individual troopers.

I'm not making an argument, I'm just stating that for Troopers who are G: Servant and G: Synch, it is explicit in the rules that they are Impetuous if their controller is.

Ahh okay, Then I misunderstood the point of your last line :)

4 minutes ago, Paradur said:

Ahh okay, Then I misunderstood the point of your last line :)

Right. Well, you can read whatever you like into that one, I'm not actually going to make a point of it other than face value.

From memory I think I've read that equipment don't get cover, but my memory is not a reliable source.

3 hours ago, TGreatDk said: Rephrasing a bit. 

Koalas aren't G:Sync they're Perimeter. It's different.

Edit: it's already covered above.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:17 AM, Paradur said:

You can't find anything that states anything clearly on that point because you're chasing a preconception on your part.

If a prone model places a mine, is the mine prone?  No, because the mine's state isn't connected to deployer's state.  Likewise, the mine isn't impetuous or irregular depending on who placed it on the table.

Same thing goes for things like crazy koalas:  If any state of the user effects the deployed equipment, the rules will tell you.  If it doesn't, it won't.

Except for that deploying a mine resembles putting a koala in standby mode, which I agree on makes it independent of the owner. However, until they are in standby mode they act and activate with the owner.

Hmm I just found this:

Active Turn. Perimeter Items are activated by each Order declared by their bearer. Each time the bearer declares Cautious Movement, Climb, Move, or Jump, his Perimeter Items will perform the same Skill. If the bearer declares any other Skill different from the previously mentioned ones, the Perimeter Items will do nothing, considering it an Idle.

Reading that they are activated by the owner and not with the owner, so I guess that could be interpreted as they will not share the state with the owner, removing the argument, which I would also prefer.

On 02.09.2017 at 11:41 AM, Paradur said:

Reading that they are activated by the owner and not with the owner, so I guess that could be interpreted as they will not share the state with the owner, removing the argument, which I would also prefer.

Is there even an instruction telling that something that activates with an owner must share its state? I mean general rule and not actually present specific instruction under Servant and Synchronized.

On 02.09.2017 at 11:41 AM, Paradur said: Reading that they are activated by the owner and not with the owner, so I guess that could be interpreted as they will not share the state with the owner, removing the argument, which I would also prefer.

Is there even an instruction telling that something that activates with an owner must share its state? I mean general rule and not actually present specific instruction under Servant and Synchronized.

No there isn't.