Section 9

Data Sphere forums down

13 posts in this topic

Yeah, so the Data sphere forums are down, and wouldn't you know it, the [email protected] email address bounces back.

Can't leave a message at the blogfront, the contact page says post it on the forum.

Error message

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './datasphere/datasphere_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Whois of the domain suggests thijsvantienen gmail.

Maybe Thijs is on holidays.

Forum is still down as of this post, will try thijs.  Thanks!

The blog/site part of the domain is still working, it just seems to be the forums that are down, yeah?.

1 hour ago, chromedog said:

The blog/site part of the domain is still working, it just seems to be the forums that are down, yeah?.

Yes, just seems to be the forum SQL database that has crashed.  At least if I'm parsing that error message correctly, I don't speak computer anymore.

41 minutes ago, Nuada Airgetlam said:

They are completely down now. What gives?

working for me.

That one works. ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED seems to be a local issue. If you try http://www.data-sphere.net/ and it gives the same, it's not the forums alone, suggesting all the server is down... or your computer (or something in between) is the problem.

After more inspection, it seems DS was transfered (based in tomasz being the contact now), which probaly means the server changed too, and your computer still thinks it's in the old place.

So do a search for the ERR text and follow the instructions to convice your computer to look for new IPs.

No joy. I wonder if they didn't server ban an IP range in Poland (I'm on ADSL and dynamic IP, so it's not me) or it's not some issue with their last hop on DNS routes.

Two things. First, when having issues with a server, search for one of those sites that check if a server is down for you or everyone. Also try ping cmd, as "ping www.data-sphere.net" for DS, in a command prompt to verify the machine responds to something... and from which IP it does that (185.23.21.26 for me, with alias name s12.zenbox.pl, seconds ago).

Second, search for ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED, you should get pages like https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/err-name-resolution-failed-chrome-windows-10-solved/ In that one I see commands that flush DNS caches or use different DNS servers, which is what I guess is happening, your computer keeps the old IP (or the old data about where to get the IP) for Data Sphere... and fails to contact the new server at the updated IP. Imagine an outdated or misplaced phonebook.

Make that three things, other pages returned by the search suggest it could be malware which has hijacked the code in charge of DNS resolution for your computer. But as the DNS info changed the 14th, I hope this is not at all, and just what I said in second.