RogueJello

ITS Season 9 Soldiers of Fortune

24 posts in this topic

If this extra is applied, does it have any effect on Mercs that are normally field in a particular army or sectorial?  It's a bit unclear if:

1)  The AVA is effected

2)  If I would now need to pay the 1 SWC, and be limited to 75 points.

As far as I'm aware it has no impact at all on mercenaries that are already available to the Sectorial or Army, these are in addition. Hence the clause about not being able to duplicate characters, or Corregidor would be able to take two of Massacre and JSA two of Yojimbo etc.

But you could take two Warcors? 

So, how does this impact CA? Do we only get Krakots + Muet + Cube Jaegers, or the whole range?

18 minutes ago, Col said:

OMFG OP pls nerf

Are you willing to pay 1 SWC for that second Warcor? :P

11 minutes ago, Pierzasty said:

So, how does this impact CA? Do we only get Krakots + Muet + Cube Jaegers, or the whole range?

Does it list any restrictions for Combined compared to other factions?

11 minutes ago, Penemue said:

Are you willing to pay 1 SWC for that second Warcor? :P

It's an extra 3pt regular order for Joan/Wallace lists, soooo maybe? 

No, but there was one in the main rulebook. Fortunately this might solve my problem:

ignoring the limitations established by the Army

4 hours ago, Col said:

It's an extra 3pt regular order for Joan/Wallace lists, soooo maybe? 

Also four 8pt Yuan Yuans...

6 hours ago, Col said:

I don't think so. Warcors are in every Human/Aleph faction & sectorial. And since:

6 hours ago, IJW Wartrader said:

As far as I'm aware it has no impact at all on mercenaries that are already available to the Sectorial or Army, these are in addition. Hence the clause about not being able to duplicate characters, or Corregidor would be able to take two of Massacre and JSA two of Yojimbo etc.

I don't believe that we will be able to take another Warcor no matter what. Just be grateful we are allowed one.

I apologize for asking it here, but where can I see the source of changes in question?

42 minutes ago, Barrogh said:

I apologize for asking it here, but where can I see the source of changes in question?

That would be the ITS Season 9 book, found in the downloads section.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:56 AM, IJW Wartrader said:

Does it list any restrictions for Combined compared to other factions?

No but there are restrictions in army. Every other army gets human mercs when you press the mercs check, CA does not. Since Army trumps documentation, it's reasonable to assume that CA doesn't get humans. Do you have special insight, as you sometimes do, or are you just speculating/interpreting? Crossing my fingers for the former...

On 04/09/2017 at 6:26 PM, Col said:

The first bullet point of the soldiers of fortune extra rule is "Players must respect the Availability within the troop profile, ignoring the limitations established by Army or Sectorial", so I'd say no, the AVA of Warcors is 1, if you buy one from SoF you don't get to buy another from your list since it's 'ignored'...

It does present a question about Druze in Qapu Khaliqi(ava 5 in QK, ava 2 as mercs) and Caterans in Caledonia( 4 in CHA 1 as a merc) etc, does taking any mercs mean you have to use the merc profile AVA(and 75 point limit) for all "mercs" or just the ones you add to your list?

14 hours ago, SgtHulka said:

No but there are restrictions in army. Every other army gets human mercs when you press the mercs check, CA does not. Since Army trumps documentation, it's reasonable to assume that CA doesn't get humans. Do you have special insight, as you sometimes do, or are you just speculating/interpreting? Crossing my fingers for the former...

Army hasn't been updated yet... 

I think you're misreading 'ignoring the limitations established'. So you're not limited by existing AVA as that would prevent you from taking anything via Soldiers of Fortune unless it was already listed...

14 minutes ago, IJW Wartrader said:

I think you're misreading 'ignoring the limitations established'. So you're not limited by existing AVA as that would prevent you from taking anything via Soldiers of Fortune unless it was already listed...

Not sure I follow your logic. If we ignore the AVA of merc units that are in lists in favour of the merc profiles AVA you can still add merc profiles, just at their own AVA...

Do you mean you just add the merc AVA on top of AVA already afforded from lists EG 4 Caterans at regular cost, and a fifth at +1swc or 5 druze +2 for swc , a second warcor etc?

Edit:saw the answer in the other thread, will ask there...

We will know as soon as Army got its update :)

On 6 wrzesień 2017 at 4:17 PM, cazboab said:

Do you mean you just add the merc AVA on top of AVA already afforded from lists EG 4 Caterans at regular cost, and a fifth at +1swc or 5 druze +2 for swc , a second warcor etc?

...shit, I only have 4 Yuan Yuans.

So if I pay the 1 SWC I can have 4 Yuan Yuans on top of the 3 already available for Qapu Khalqi?

I just want to make sure so I can go and buy the last 2 I need to make the set.

Please say yes 

you have to respect the availability within the troop profile.

for example QK can include 3 yuan yuan, and with soldiers of fortune  can include 4 more, butt yo have to use one CAP

Give us more news helllois

On 9/20/2017 at 7:02 PM, HellLois said:

you have to respect the availability within the troop profile.

for example QK can include 3 yuan yuan, and with soldiers of fortune  can include 4 more, butt yo have to use one CAP

can we get ARMY merc adjusted to reflect this

On 23/9/2017 at 9:43 AM, Daboarder said:

can we get ARMY merc adjusted to reflect this

Yep, working on it.