Locksmith

ITS 9 RULES QUESTIONS (1 unanswered)

415 posts in this topic

Quadrant Control can score 13 OP as written.

DataTracker - "At the end of the Deployment Phase, players must declare which troops from their army list is the DataTracker."

So, how, exactly? In initiative order? Roll off like Intelcom? Who goes first?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I wrong to think this is a typo? I think it should read as "can" rather than "cannot".

IMG_0284.PNG

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that's an uncorrected typo.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IJW Wartrader said:

Yes, that's an uncorrected typo.

That's what I assumed. But the difference between "can" and "cannot" is kind of important :)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Schadlez said:

Quadrant Control can score 13 OP as written.

DataTracker - "At the end of the Deployment Phase, players must declare which troops from their army list is the DataTracker."

So, how, exactly? In initiative order? Roll off like Intelcom? Who goes first?

Probably error. Spanish version of the quadrant control mission gives for dominating more zones only 2 points and not 3 points like english version.

@HellLois which version of the quadrant control mission is correct spanish or english?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Melkhior said:

Probably error. Spanish version of the quadrant control mission gives for dominating more zones only 2 points and not 3 points like english version.

@HellLois which version of the quadrant control mission is correct spanish or english?

Spanish version, im going to fix it, this an the typo. 

Datatracker with initiative order

 

Thank you!!!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annihilation has the deployment zones on the map marked 8 inches. The paragraph states 12 inches.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Locksmith said:

1. DECAPITATION: 'Designated Target' and 'HVT & Classified Deck not used' contradict each other. Please clarify.

The HVT is considered an enemy Trooper not an neutral Civilian and the known rules for the HVT are not applied.

Also there is no Classified Deck in use. Why does that need clarification?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But they're not considered to be part of the other player's force, so the HVT rules are still required for placement of the HVT.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Spanish version of decapitation only says not to use the classified deck, it seems pretty clear that's the intention since you need the HVT in play to get the full 10 points.

On the subject of "pretty clear intentions" re:designated targets, do HVTs have a facing(IE line of fire as a trooper, no sixth sense, 360 visor etc), and can they use and/or be deployed in cover, suppression zones, low visibility etc? I'm assuming the answer is "yes" to both, but it doesn't actually state that in any of the rules I can find...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is the Data Tracker rules in Firefight but they don't do a thing. Either the data racker rule should not be there or something is missing in firefight

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arkhos94 said:

There is the Data Tracker rules in Firefight but they don't do a thing. Either the data racker rule should not be there or something is missing in firefight

The 5º point of the main objectives is kill the enemy datatracker ;)

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dam

10 minutes ago, HellLois said:

The 5º point of the main objectives is kill the enemy datatracker ;)

 

Damn, I read it half a dozen time and I miss it, thanks

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Looting and Sabotaging under the damage and destroy the AC2s section it says "If the Structure Attribute reaches a value below 0, the
Scenery Item enters the Destroyed state," with below 0 in bold. Is this intentional? If so does that mean that the mission grants 1 objective point each for the first 3 structure points and then a 4th objective point for any additional STR damage dealt that brings the AC2 below 0 and counts as destroyed?

 

In the Grid there is a final paragraph in the destroying the antennas section that mentions objective points and destroying antennas in the enemy table half but that doesn't seem to be part of the objectives. Is this left over from TAGLine?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does g:jumper interact with Data Trackers, are all post humans the data tracker? Must you kill all of them? Must all of them be in the middle zone to score extra points?

Assumedly a mk2 post human that is one of multiples that are data trackers could not enter HD or camo states?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, NateTehAggresar said:

How does g:jumper interact with Data Trackers, are all post humans the data tracker? Must you kill all of them? Must all of them be in the middle zone to score extra points?

Assumedly a mk2 post human that is one of multiples that are data trackers could not enter HD or camo states?

It says model, not trooper, so I'm assuming it means 'this mk1 doctor is my datatracker'. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Locksmith said:

It says model, not trooper, so I'm assuming it means 'this mk1 doctor is my datatracker'. 

Does it? On page 8 it says a trooper is selected? Is there a different page?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NateTehAggresar said:

Does it? On page 8 it says a trooper is selected? Is there a different page?

"This trooper must be on the table as a model" 

At best, the Ghost:Jumper is an active proxy marker, it's never truly 'on the table'. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Locksmith said:

"This trooper must be on the table as a model" 

At best, the Ghost:Jumper is an active proxy marker, it's never truly 'on the table'. 

Well then i could see post humans as being ineligble to be selected as data trackers because as you state, the post human is not on the table.

I'm even more interested in how this is ment to work, now than before. I don't like a single post human being a data tracker, every other instance treats them as the same trooper, i don't like exceptions. I'm happy if they can't be one, at least that seems more fair than the other interpretation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NateTehAggresar said:

Well then i could see post humans ad being ineligble to be selected as data trackers because as you state, the post human is not on the table.

I'm even more interested in how this is ment to work, now than before.

The posthuman is a marker, but the body is still a trooper that's on the table. (Otherwise it couldn't do things that troopers do)

I'm happy to add the question though. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Datatracker must kill x"

How is DataTracker status interacting with deployable equipment (like DataTracker kills DHVT by usage of mine he deployed or Drop Bear?). 

How DataTracker behave if he equiped with G:Sync troopers ? 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As per the existing discussions, a deployed Deployable no longer has any in-game connection to the trooper that put it down, apart from them being a friendly trooper.

G:Synch troopers are troopers themselves, so you would need to have nominated them as the DataTracker.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not exactly love the resolution of deployeables, but hey what man can do.

@IJW Wartrader Thanks for answers!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What else were you expecting? :huh: 

The Mine or E/Mauler is making an attack, not the trooper who laid it.

EDIT - apart from all the chaos that would occur if the Mine got Minesweepered.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now