Luke

ARO twice with one model?

Question

I have a question...

If it's my active turn and I do a short movement skill: 'Move', and I get one ARO from an enemy model. What if I ignore it, and after the shot I move again. Can the same enemy model shoot again to the same model I just used after the second movement skill? If yes: can I use another order to shoot back at him with a Face to face roll?

I am struggling with this. Can anyone please explain me? I would really appreciate that. :) Thanks

6 answers to this question

There can be only one ARO to your activation (activation - one order spent to activate model or group of models).

Enemy have to declare ARO as soon as you act within his Zoc/LoF or affect him (by shooting a template or something similar), he cannot declare/change ARO after your 2nd short skill unless he had no previous chance of declaring ARO during this order. 

Each model potentially has one ARO per order. Generally the ARO should follow the first short skill but the second short skill can trigger an ARO if that skill causes you to enter LoS of a new enemy. 

Make sure you are following the proper order of operations:

1. Declare first short skill > Move model
  2. Opponent Declare's ARO's
  3. You declare second short skill (ignoring the incoming fire) > Move model
  4. ARO shooting is resolved.

To answer your question, no a model may not ARO twice on one order. 

A single model has a single ARO per enemy order. This is the reason why you can ARO to a single model when multiple ones are activated at the same time.

Thanks guys! Appreciate that. And another question: What if I declare my first short skill: Move. And the enemy don't ARO me. Then I move again, can the enemy ARO shoot at me after I did 2 move short skills? And can I use another order to shoot back for a Face to Face?

1. If the enemy saw you during your first short skill and doesn't ARO, then he can't ARO for the rest of the order.

2. If you go move-move during your order and he shoots, he'll get normal rolls. If you want a face to face you need to go move-shoot for your order.

7 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks guys! Appreciate that. And another question: What if I declare my first short skill: Move. And the enemy don't ARO me. Then I move again, can the enemy ARO shoot at me after I did 2 move short skills? And can I use another order to shoot back for a Face to Face?

The only way an enemy can ARO on your second short skill is if they couldn't ARO on the first one, or there was some condition that allowed them to delay their ARO (marker state or Sixth Sense in Zone of Control).  So, if your first move kept you out of sight of the enemy, and then your second move brought you into LoF, they would get to ARO and you could do nothing about it.  If you move and an enemy could see, but chooses not to ARO, they lose the ability to ARO for the rest of your order, no matter what your second short skill is.

You can never ARO an ARO.  If your active model isn't rolling dice against enemy AROs, then the enemy will get normal rolls.  And, just in case this was about to come up, remember that an ARO can only ever be against an activated model.