Space Ghost

Greetings from Asheville NC, Citizens

5 posts in this topic

Greeting Citizens.  Are you getting enough oxygen?  (That’s a Space Ghost joke.)

I’m a 40K refugee who’s been lurking here for over two years.  In that time I’ve slowly painted up almost two dozen Imperial Service minis – I love their fluff and think they look great.  (The Hsien from the old IS starter is the epitome of Bad Ass IMO, Wu Ming are a perfect science fiction take on the Dirty Dozen, and the poor Kuang Shi are just hilarious.)  And the fact that CB actually listened to its fanbase and fixed the gameplay problems IS had is just icing on the cake – I’ve been waiting years for GW to do the same for my Chaos Space Marines.  So now that I’ve retired and moved to Asheville NC, USA I figure it’s time to register, meet some other Infinity players, and get my guys and gals in orange onto the tabletop to dispense some justice for the Emperor.

Cheers and happy gaming – SG

P.S.  My thanks to the folks in the Yu Jing sub-forum who turned me on to the Judge Dee book series - it's a really cool, Chinese version of Sherlock Holmes, which also does a great job of capturing the feel of Imperial justice.

Greeting Citizens.  Are you getting enough oxygen?  (That’s a Space Ghost joke.)

I’m a 40K refugee who’s been lurking here for over two years.  In that time I’ve slowly painted up almost two dozen Imperial Service minis – I love their fluff and think they look great.  (The Hsien from the old IS starter is the epitome of Bad Ass IMO, Wu Ming are a perfect science fiction take on the Dirty Dozen, and the poor Kuang Shi are just hilarious.)  And the fact that CB actually listened to its fanbase and fixed the gameplay problems IS had is just icing on the cake – I’ve been waiting years for GW to do the same for my Chaos Space Marines.  So now that I’ve retired and moved to Asheville NC, USA I figure it’s time to register, meet some other Infinity players, and get my guys and gals in orange onto the tabletop to dispense some justice for the Emperor.

Cheers and happy gaming – SG

P.S.  My thanks to the folks in the Yu Jing sub-forum who turned me on to the Judge Dee book series - it's a really cool, Chinese version of Sherlock Holmes, which also does a great job of capturing the feel of Imperial justice.

Greetings space ghost!

There are two groups near you (no one is active that I know of in Asheville Area) one in Charlotte/Concord and the other in Greensboro.

I know of Wyverns Tale and Hillside are up there, have you frequented either?

I never turn down a reason to head to Asheville, we can get something worked out in near future to get some gameplay in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:15 PM, dlfleetw said:

Greetings space ghost!

There are two groups near you (no one is active that I know of in Asheville Area) one in Charlotte/Concord and the other in Greensboro.

I know of Wyverns Tale and Hillside are up there, have you frequented either?

I never turn down a reason to head to Asheville, we can get something worked out in near future to get some gameplay in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, rally the Charlotte gang and head to Asheville!

Edit: You're taking the hobbits to Isengard

@Locksmith: Thanks for the tip - Atlanta is a cool town, and if I ever get down that way again, I'll definitely look your group up.

@dlfleetw and Dirge: Thanks very much for reaching out.  I'd be happy to head your way for an afternoon or evening of gaming, but if you'd like to come out to Merry Olde Asheville, I'd be happy to serve as pointman for that visit.  To that end I reconned Wyvern's Tale and Hillside Games today - unfortunately neither store sells Infinity minis or has an existing Infinity group.  On the other hand Wyvern's Tale was willing to try to order me a box of Bao, also will let me put up a flyer looking for interested players, and additionally said they'd work with me on (potentially) reserving some tables for Infinity - the difficulty here is that they already have regular groups of 40K, Warmahordes, X-Wing and Bolt Action players I'd have to work around.  The Hillside Games folks were also very nice, but they definitely seem focused on CCGs and boardgames.- still, they said their (CCG sized) tables were up for grabs on "Open Gaming" Sundays.  As an alternative I could also host, if the numbers are low  - I think I have table space for two simultaneous games.  I'll zap dlfleetw a PM here in a second to hopefully discuss some specifics.

As a disclaimer let me add that while I've been lurking and slowly painting for a couple of years, I'm still very much an Infinity newb.  I only have about a dozen games under my belt, with half of those being the Ice Storm tutorials and the others being low point Annihilation games against another newb.  So what I think I'm ready for at this point are some low points games against a veteran or even better, some games using the Recon rule set, which strikes me as an ideal bridge between Icestorm and ITS.  But I'm definitely open to suggestions from Warcors and veterans on how best to climb the Infinity learning curve.

Cheers = SG