Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
6Stringandy

Ten order lists

32 posts in this topic

As per the title. Has any one had a play with competitive 10 order lists as to stop people reducing the order pool at the beginning of the game. 

Here's a list i want to try for take and hold missions

logo_801.png Tohaa──────────────────────────────────────────────────orden_regular.png10  orden_impetuosa.png1logo_4.pngGAO-TARSOS Paramedic (Medikit) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)logo_5.pngECTROS HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (2 | 45)logo_2.pngSAKIEL Paramedic (Medikit) Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)logo_15.pngNIKOUL Minelayer Viral Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)logo_8.pngMAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 13)logo_26.pngTAQEUL Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Viral Combi Rifle, SymbioBugs / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 40)logo_26.pngTAQEUL (Chain of Command) Viral Combi Rifle, SymbioBugs / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 40)logo_24.pngSUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)logo_21.pngKOSUIL Engineer Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)logo_2.pngSAKIEL (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19) 5.5 SWC | 297 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

i've tried it a couple of times now and found it lacking, i feel tohaa needs the extra orders because they can spend them so effieciently and therefore get more done in a turn, i he strips me of two orders thats okay since i have so many link teams

I think one of the issues with 10 orders lists for Tohaa is that the competitive advantage is kinda reduced vs other factions similar 10 order lists.

Gorgos is a good TAG and can be used well but VS another TAGs you need other tools to get up close. This is orders and with small order pools it’s going to be harder to get done. Additionally this is the only TAG we have access to. Other factions may have longer ranged TAGS which tends to be more efficient in smaller order pools. You don’t have to move up as much to back it up.

HI Pain trains. Tohaa still can have a competitive advantage in terms of wounds at 10 man. Double Rasail or Ectros Death Stars can be particularly brutal. What they’re not good against is other factions 5 person link teams, especially HI. Going against similar lists the Tohaa Triad just doesn’t have the punching power to take down a 5 person HI link that’s going to wreck face. Our hard counter is incredibly order inefficient since we do not have our own 5 person link team. We rely on nimbus sphere to engage at range and that can be incredibly inefficient.

Part of Tohaa synergy and diversity is in our LI. We have a lot of really good LI options but fewer HI. I feel 10 order lists mean we can’t take advantage of the Tohaa advantage of cheap effective wound saturation troops as the relative advantage kinda disappears due to the lack of diversity.

Quad sniper 10 order lists are fun though. Nikouls open up fire lanes that usually aren't available. I recommend them as awesome delaying pieces especially in 10 order lists.

logo_801.png Tohaa

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png10 

logo_15.pngNIKOUL Minelayer Viral Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)

logo_15.pngNIKOUL Minelayer Viral Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)

logo_3.pngGAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)

logo_20.pngKAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)

logo_20.pngKAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)

logo_7.pngCLIPSOS Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26)

logo_17.pngRASAIL Lieutenant Viral Combi Rifle + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)

sep.giflogo_17.pngCHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)

logo_26.pngTAQEUL (Chain of Command) Viral Combi Rifle, SymbioBugs / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 40)

logo_17.pngRASAIL Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)

logo_22.pngKERAIL PRECEPTOR Submachine Gun, Smoke Grenades + 2 Surda SymbioBeasts / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 28)

sep.giflogo_22.pngSURDA SYMBIOBEAST Pulzar / Viral CCW. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Yeah! I think it was a much-needed boost to Vanilla PanO, although on the other hand it made single-group CA and Steel Phalanx even more powerful than they were before, while they didn't need the help. Overall I think it's fine.

3 hours ago, Thaddius said:

I think one of the issues with 10 orders lists for Tohaa is that the competitive advantage is kinda reduced vs other factions similar 10 order lists.

Gorgos is a good TAG and can be used well but VS another TAGs you need other tools to get up close. This is orders and with small order pools it’s going to be harder to get done. Additionally this is the only TAG we have access to. Other factions may have longer ranged TAGS which tends to be more efficient in smaller order pools. You don’t have to move up as much to back it up.

HI Pain trains. Tohaa still can have a competitive advantage in terms of wounds at 10 man. Double Rasail or Ectros Death Stars can be particularly brutal. What they’re not good against is other factions 5 person link teams, especially HI. Going against similar lists the Tohaa Triad just doesn’t have the punching power to take down a 5 person HI link that’s going to wreck face. Our hard counter is incredibly order inefficient since we do not have our own 5 person link team. We rely on nimbus sphere to engage at range and that can be incredibly inefficient.

Part of Tohaa synergy and diversity is in our LI. We have a lot of really good LI options but fewer HI. I feel 10 order lists mean we can’t take advantage of the Tohaa advantage of cheap effective wound saturation troops as the relative advantage kinda disappears due to the lack of diversity.

Quad sniper 10 order lists are fun though. Nikouls open up fire lanes that usually aren't available. I recommend them as awesome delaying pieces especially in 10 order lists.

logo_801.png Tohaa

orden_regular.png10 

logo_3.pngGAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)

logo_7.pngCLIPSOS Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26)

logo_17.pngRASAIL Lieutenant Viral Combi Rifle + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)

logo_26.pngTAQEUL (Chain of Command) Viral Combi Rifle, SymbioBugs / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 40)

logo_17.pngRASAIL Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)

logo_22.pngKERAIL PRECEPTOR Submachine Gun, Smoke Grenades + 2 Surda SymbioBeasts / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 28)

sep.giflogo_22.pngSURDA SYMBIOBEAST Pulzar / Viral CCW. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

nice list! Never thought of running something similar!

Another one i like is the roders =/= models list.

logo_801.png Tohaa──────────────────────────────────────────────────orden_regular.png10  logo_17.pngRASAIL Lieutenant Spitfire + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39) sep.giflogo_17.pngCHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)logo_17.pngRASAIL Viral Combi Rifle + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39) sep.giflogo_17.pngCHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)logo_17.pngRASAIL Viral Combi Rifle + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39) sep.giflogo_17.pngCHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)logo_17.pngRASAIL Viral Combi Rifle + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39) sep.giflogo_17.pngCHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)logo_22.pngKERAIL PRECEPTOR Submachine Gun, Smoke Grenades + 2 Surda SymbioBeasts / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 28) sep.giflogo_22.pngx2 SURDA SYMBIOBEAST Pulzar / Viral CCW. (0 | 16)logo_22.pngKERAIL PRECEPTOR Submachine Gun, Smoke Grenades + 2 Surda SymbioBeasts / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 28) sep.giflogo_22.pngx2 SURDA SYMBIOBEAST Pulzar / Viral CCW. (0 | 16)logo_9.pngKUMOTAIL Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)logo_7.pngCLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)logo_4.pngGAO-TARSOS Paramedic (Medikit) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)logo_10.pngCHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10) 2 SWC | 299 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

That's 18 models for 10 orders

The gorgos is a trick. It is something CB put in the game to trick us into thinking we have a TAG.   Imo

On 28/09/2017 at 6:11 AM, Monster said:

The gorgos is a trick. It is something CB put in the game to trick us into thinking we have a TAG.   Imo

I literally just started Tohaa and was going to buy the Gorgos, because apparently ITS9 is good to TAGs.

Posts like this make me question my decision. =/

8 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

I literally just started Tohaa and was going to buy the Gorgos, because apparently ITS9 is good to TAGs.

Posts like this make me question my decision. =/

The Gorgos is not bad. They have improved it. The two main downsides are that it can be one shotted by Fire and the pilot inside the TAG is technically just a trooper in a Symbont Armor. If they try to get out of the Armor the Armor dies. You are stuck with just the Pilot at that point. Keep in mind that the Chaksa is still usable, but all that armor and some of the weapons will be gone.

16 hours ago, Cothel said:

The Gorgos is not bad. They have improved it. The two main downsides are that it can be one shotted by Fire and the pilot inside the TAG is technically just a trooper in a Symbont Armor. If they try to get out of the Armor the Armor dies. You are stuck with just the Pilot at that point. Keep in mind that the Chaksa is still usable, but all that armor and some of the weapons will be gone.

I really think one of the glaring downsides for me, which is partially fixed by SymbioBombs, is that it cannot regain wounds like a normal tag because it does have wounds, and is Symbiont armour.  We can't support it like other armies can with their TAGs, we just have to give it some Symbio buddies and hope they're enough.

Gorgos:

logo_801.png Tohaa

orden_regular.png3  
logo_6.pngGORGOS Squad Chaksa Peripheral A . (2 | 86)
 sep.giflogo_6.pngGORGOS AP Spitfire, Flammenspeer, Pulzar +1 Chaksa Peripheral A / Viral CCW. (2 | 86)
 sep.giflogo_6_2.pngCHAKSA PERIPHERAL A Light Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (7)
logo_20.pngKAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)

2.5 SWC | 122 Points

Open in Infinity Army

1 watch me walk past your whole army and one 'oh you thought you could creep up with that hacker, heres a wip 13 attack back at ya'. Play it like our best HI and not like a jotum and you will be fine. plus you have the little buddy to push camo markers away from you.

13 hours ago, Wombat85 said:

Gorgos:

logo_801.png Tohaa

orden_regular.png3  
 sep.giflogo_6.pngGORGOS AP Spitfire, Flammenspeer, Pulzar +1 Chaksa Peripheral A / Viral CCW. (2 | 86)
 sep.giflogo_6_2.pngCHAKSA PERIPHERAL A Light Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (7)
logo_20.pngKAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)

2.5 SWC | 122 Points

Open in Infinity Army

1 watch me walk past your whole army and one 'oh you thought you could creep up with that hacker, heres a wip 13 attack back at ya'. Play it like our best HI and not like a jotum and you will be fine. plus you have the little buddy to push camo markers away from you.

The Bomb only works once, and if you use it to face to face a hacking attack you're not using it as your only way to make a wound back, the Chaksa is a handy thing to have.

3 hours ago, Wombat85 said:

Gorgos:

logo_801.png Tohaa

orden_regular.png3  

2.5 SWC | 122 Points

Open in Infinity Army

An expensive one-time-only trick.
Yes, better just to use the Gorgos as a big HI.

I don't know. I personally like the Gorgos. With the Mates and Bombs, that just makes him more reliable for me. 

1 hour ago, EpicDiceFail said:

I don't know. I personally like the Gorgos. With the Mates and Bombs, that just makes him more reliable for me. 

I like him, however he doesn't stand up to other factions tags

1 hour ago, Hiereth said:

I like him, however he doesn't stand up to other factions tags

Personally I think regen on him would be whats needed. Ph 13 for regen is good, but its still not op and a gamble, plus I think thematically it really fits with the living armor thing. Takes a hit, the flesh stitches back up over the wound like every flesh monster vs robot battle series ever.

12 hours ago, Wombat85 said:

Personally I think regen on him would be whats needed. Ph 13 for regen is good, but its still not op and a gamble, plus I think thematically it really fits with the living armor thing. Takes a hit, the flesh stitches back up over the wound like every flesh monster vs robot battle series ever.

I'd like that, however regeneration is a normal PH roll, which would be 16 and that may be a little strong 

52 minutes ago, Hiereth said:

I'd like that, however regeneration is a normal PH roll, which would be 16 and that may be a little strong 

Worse: as the Gorgos has Symbiont Armour the roll would be at PH+3, so at 19.

REGENERATION ENTIRE ORDER
Optional.
REQUIREMENTS

Optional.

EFFECTS
  • This Special Skill allows its user to spend the Entire Order required to activate it even when on the battlefield in a Null state.
  • Regeneration allows its user, by passing a PH Roll, to regain 1 point previously lost from his Wounds Attribute.
  • If the user fails his PH Roll, he loses 1 additional point from his Wounds Attribute.
  • If the user is Unconscious and fails his PH Roll, he immediately Dies and is removed from play.
  • If the user lost enough points from his Wounds Attribute to enter the Dead state before he could attempt to activate Regeneration, he cannot use this Special Skill and must be removed from play. (For example, if a trooper with Wounds 1 receives three hits from a Burst and fails two Armor Rolls).
  • Troopers with Regeneration do not generate Orders for themselves or for their Order Pool while they are Unconscious.

So the Gorgos wouldn't be able to use Regeneration until after the Symbiont Armor was down. The Inactive Profile has PH 11 so you would be reviving just the Inactive Profile on a 14. Not really sure it's worth the points cost added to the Gorgos to have this ability. Keep in mind that once the Symbiont Armor is inactive there is no way to bring it back at all unless they come up with some new ability/rule.

Help me out here where does it say that sybiot armor cant be healed. I see that it cant be regained but where does it say that a 2 wound symbiot armor cant recover one? Symbiot armor entry:

Symbiont Armor

Symbiont Armors allow their bearer to be deployed with a Troop Profile (Active Symbiont Armor Profile) and, when this has lost all the points of its Wounds Attribute, it can keep playing with another, different Troop Profile (Inactive Symbiont Armor Profile)

SYMBIONT ARMOR AUTOMATIC EQUIPMENT
Fire-Sensitive, Non-Lootable, Obligatory
REQUIREMENTS
EFFECTS

and the active symbiot armor refrence:

Effects

• In Active Symbiont Armor state, the bearer uses the Active Symbiont Armor Troop Profile which appears on the Army List.
  • The Active Symbiont Armor state is highly sensitive to the Fire Special Ammunition.
  • In this state, failing an ARM Roll caused by Fire Special Ammunition means losing all the points of the Wounds/STR Attribute of the Active Symbiont Armor Troop Profile. If the bearer loses more points of his Wounds/STR Attribute during that Order, deduct them from the Inactive Symbiont Armor Profile.
  • When performing the ARM/BTS Rolls, the player must first make all those rolls due to the Fire Special Ammunition to facilitate the roll and effects sequence.

Cancellation

• The Active Symbiont Armor state is automatically canceled at the end of the Order in which the trooper loses as many or more points of the Wounds/STR Attribute of his Active Symbiont Profile.
  • All those points which exceed the Wounds/STR of Active Symbiont Profile will be deducted from the Inactive Symbiont Armor Profile at the end of the Order.
  • Once this state is cancelled, the player will place a Symbiont Armor: Inactive Marker besides the trooper, who can keep in game with the Inactive Symbiont Armor Profile.
  • Spending one Short Skill of the Order, the bearer can cancel voluntarily the Active Symbiont Armor state to also cancel the Immobilized (IMM-1 or IMM-2), Isolated, or Targeted states.

The only thing that even remotly suggests it is this entry:

Healing a troop possessing a Symbiont Armor Example:

Boona, a courageous Kumotail Bioengineer, is in base contact with a Gorgos, a Tohaa TAG, in an Unconscious state, therefore using its Inactive Symbiont Armor Profile. If Boona spends 1 Short Skill and succeeds at a WIP Roll, the Gorgos will recover 1 point of its Wounds Attribute, passing from Unconscious state to Normal, with 1 point of the Wounds Attribute, and keeping its Inactive Symbiont Armor Profile. However, Boona cannot make this TAG recover more Wounds.
If Boona fails her WIP Roll to cure the TAG it will enter directly the Dead state, and the Gorgos model must be removed from the battlefield.

This explains what happens if you are uncounsious, not that you cant heal symbiot armor. Can anyone point to the specifc passage please?

This is currently the only way to heal an Active Symbiont Armor:

REVITALIS SHORT SKILL / ARO
Optional, Support Tactic
REQUIREMENTS
EFFECTS

The only way to do this is to put a Symbiobomb on the unit at the beginning of the game and hope they only take one wound in the case of the Ectros/Neema and Rasail, or no more than two hits on a Gorgos.

Actually I just noticed that you can use Revitalis in ARO. Not sure how often that would come up, but it's a nice trick to keep in the back of your mind in those corner cases where you have an ARO and a wounded Symbiont Armor while not being the main target of whatever your opponent is doing.

45 minutes ago, Cothel said:

This is currently the only way to heal an Active Symbiont Armor:

REVITALIS SHORT SKILL / ARO
Optional, Support Tactic
REQUIREMENTS
EFFECTS

The only way to do this is to put a Symbiobomb on the unit at the beginning of the game and hope they only take one wound in the case of the Ectros/Neema and Rasail, or no more than two hits on a Gorgos.

Actually I just noticed that you can use Revitalis in ARO. Not sure how often that would come up, but it's a nice trick to keep in the back of your mind in those corner cases where you have an ARO and a wounded Symbiont Armor while not being the main target of whatever your opponent is doing.

Where there does it say this is the only way? I cant find anything saying you cant just heal a wound to a symbiot armor (I do understand that it is clearly stated that once its lost it cannot be restored). for example, my gorgos losses a wound, it still has active symbiot armor, can you please show me the line of text that says I cannot restore that wound with a heal (doctor, paramedic) ect.

@Cothel is there confirmation that regeneration doesn't work, or we just haven't had the chance for it to happen?

@Wombat85 you can't use the doctor skill on troopers that are not in an unconscious state. 

6 minutes ago, Wombat85 said:

Where there does it say this is the only way? I cant find anything saying you cant just heal a wound to a symbiot armor (I do understand that it is clearly stated that once its lost it cannot be restored). for example, my gorgos losses a wound, it still has active symbiot armor, can you please show me the line of text that says I cannot restore that wound with a heal (doctor, paramedic) ect.

MEDIKIT SHORT SKILL
Traits
REQUIREMENTS
  • MediKits can only be used on Unconscious friendly troopers.
  • A MediKit can be used in one of two ways:
  • To use it remotely, the user must have LoF to the target.
  • To use it as contact equipment, the user must be in base to base contact with the target.
EFFECTS
  • Used remotely, a MediKit is a piece of Equipment that acts as a Non-Lethal BS Weapon. If the user spends one Short Skill and passes a BS Roll with all applicable MODs (Range, Cover, Camouflage and Hiding, ODD...), the target gets to make just a PH-3Roll.
  • The MediKit can also be used in base to base contact simply by spending one Short Skill. This gives the target the chance to make a PH-3 Roll.
  • If the target passes the PH-3 Roll, he recovers 1 point of its Wounds Attribute, automatically recovering from Unconsciousness.
  • If the target fails the Roll, he immediately enters the Dead state and is removed from play.
  • Using a MediKit never causes the target to make an ARM Roll or a Guts Roll.
  • Using a MediKit, troopers can be recovered from the Unconscious state as many times as desired, as long as they keep passing their PH-3 Rolls.
REMEMBER

MediKits can only be used to heal friendly troopers in the Unconscious state, and they can recover only 1 point of their Wounds Attribute at a time. MediKits cannot heal more than 1 point of Wounds, and they have no effect on non-Unconscious troopers.

Paramedics use Medikits which can only be used on Unconscious unit. They would have lost their Symbiont Armor to get to that Unconscious State.

DOCTOR SHORT SKILL
Optional.
REQUIREMENTS
  • The user must be in base to base contact with his target.
  • The target must have a Wounds Attribute.
  • The target must be in Unconscious state.
EFFECTS
  • Doctor allows the user, by passing a Normal WIP Roll, to heal 1 point of the target's Wounds Attribute and cancel his Unconsciousstate back to Normal.
  • If the user fails his WIP Roll, the target Dies automatically and is removed from play.
  • Troopers can be restored to health from Unconscious state as many times as necessary, declaring each time a use of this Special Skill and passing the corresponding WIP Roll.
  • Troopers healed by Doctor can be healed by MediKit, AutoMediKit or Regeneration afterwards, and vice versa.
  • In certain missions and scenarios, Doctors are considered Specialist Troopers, that is, they meet the requirements to fulfill certain mission objectives.
REMEMBER

A Doctor with V: No Wound Incapacitation who is in Unconscious state may attempt to heal himself, but failing the WIProll will cause him to Die.

Doctors can only doctor units in an Unconscious State. They would have lost their Symbiont Armor to get to that Unconscious State.

9 minutes ago, Hiereth said:

@Cothel is there confirmation that regeneration doesn't work, or we just haven't had the chance for it to happen?

Actually now that I am re-reading it, I don't see anything restricting Regeneration to Unconscious units the way Medikits and Doctor does. Maybe that would actually work? Honestly I don't know since I am not certain any multi wound units have Regeneration.

And after looking through Army, the Asawira is the only multi wound unit that has Regeneration. I suspect someone playing Haqq has asked about this question before, but I haven't started digging through the forums for the answer.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0