22 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Abd Al-Azrad said:

Doesn't really mean anything I just thought it would be neat to know.

I think it is an interesting thing to consider/know. Thank you for going though each faction and listing the amount in each one.

Neat. Just curious, did you see how many total models there were as well, so we can see percentages? 

1 minute ago, BaleWolf said:

Neat. Just curious, did you see how many total models there were as well, so we can see percentages? 

That was gona be the next part. Posting as I go.

1 hour ago, Abd Al-Azrad said:

That was gona be the next part. Posting as I go.

You'd need to break it down into:
Male / Female / Genderless / Indeteminate
Also, there's one Male - Female transgender model, so you'll have to consider where you put Avi. 

Indeterminate is important for things like Taskmasters, there's literally no way to tell if they're male or female (and given that they're from Bakunin, those aren't actually the only options either). And genderless clearly applies to the vast majority of Rems / G:RP models (Pi-well + Marut being the only examples I can think of where there's an argument that they're gendered)

Do you have it broken down into what percentage of a range is male, female, non-organic?

1 minute ago, Aisriyth said:

Do you have it broken down into what percentage of a range is male, female, non-organic?

Not to understand the percentage of female sculpts in a faction no. But for that number to be relatively meaningful, yes. Take Bakunin: the majority of gendered sculpts are female but they're still probably in the minority of options for the Sectorial as a whole because there's a significant chunk of non-gendered or indeterminate gendered models available to the Sectorial. 

1 hour ago, inane.imp said:

You'd need to break it down into:
Male / Female / Genderless / Indeteminate
Also, there's one Male - Female transgender model, so you'll have to consider where you put Avi. 

Indeterminate is important for things like Taskmasters, there's literally no way to tell if they're male or female (and given that they're from Bakunin, those aren't actually the only options either). And genderless clearly applies to the vast majority of Rems / G:RP models (Pi-well + Marut being the only examples I can think of where there's an argument that they're gendered)

Wait what is the transgendered model? You mean the merc doctor? I just put that into female because for all intents and purposes that being is now female

Have we not established, now, that most TAG pilots are also female?

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

On 9/23/2017 at 2:45 AM, Abd Al-Azrad said:

...female miniatures...

Nomads 56

Haqqislam 44

And now you know why I chose Qapu Khalqi to be the Sectorial of my Sand Cats.

8 hours ago, precinctomega said:

Have we not established, now, that most TAG pilots are also female?

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

I did not include bootlegs and if it didn't have a regular model I did not include it in the female group since this is about models.

On 23.09.2017 at 4:23 AM, inane.imp said:

Indeterminate is important for things like Taskmasters, there's literally no way to tell if they're male or female (and given that they're from Bakunin, those aren't actually the only options either).

It's easy to tell that all S5 models so fare are male. I mean female versions would certainly have armoured combat heels, boob plates, smaller weapons and sexy poses. ;)

On 23 wrzesień 2017 at 2:45 AM, Abd Al-Azrad said:

Combined 11

Did you just assume the gender of all the Shasvastii?

Shasvastii are all hermaphroditic. 

Not female, not male. but having the aspects of both. 

2 hours ago, Pierzasty said:

Did you just assume the gender of all the Shasvastii?

Only two Shasvastii models (starter Speculo Killer & Spec-Ops) are mimicking human female features. That is the only Shasvastii model that would be counted as female in the looks department.

3 hours ago, Golem2God said:

Only two Shasvastii models (starter Speculo Killer & Spec-Ops) are mimicking human female features. That is the only Shasvastii model that would be counted as female in the looks department.

Don't forget Sheskiin, too.

14 minutes ago, ToadChild said:

Don't forget Sheskiin, too.

Your right. I completely forgot about her.

14 minutes ago, ToadChild said: Don't forget Sheskiin, too.

Your right. I completely forgot about her.

*corax spec-ops

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-G950F eszközömről

As it was already mentioned, the context of how many males and robots the factions include along with total model count would be interesting. Also, since male/female in a bunch of cases is debatable, models that "show secondary sex traits of females" may be more apt. (Yes, I play P&P RPGs with biologists a lot and we have weird discussions) Speculo Killer and Marut make it confusing and if I remember correctly, Tohaa have three sexes. (Or is it two sexes and three genders?) 

And don't ask me why I refer to my Marut as "he" and to my Gujia as "she"... even I don't know...

16 hours ago, Usashi said:

It's easy to tell that all S5 models so fare are male. I mean female versions would certainly have armoured combat heels, boob plates, smaller weapons and sexy poses. ;)

Female Yan Huo conversion now: It ain't over till the fat lady let's the HRMC sing!

4 hours ago, Rizzy said:

Female Yan Huo conversion now: It ain't over till the fat lady let's the HRMC sing!

That could be interesting.

Posting without reading most of the thread: last summer, I did a dive through all of the releases from April 2014 and July 2016, and counted the number of distinct male/female/neither sculpts CB had released. My results are here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r9IzdK2zb_6pYqsCrEkC9TiuGMHbZH80GXLQ7FBvmZg/edit?usp=sharing

At the time, the count was 157 male/55 female. Since I was only reporting on monthly releases, my sheet doesn't include older models.

I'll go through this evening and add the next year of releases in case anyone finds it useful.