Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
0rph3u5

[META] Re-doing Combined Army Guide/Overview

9 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm a long time browser, but first time poster to these forums.  Out Onyx guide is relatively new and our Morat and Shasvastii guides at least are up to N3 standards and have entries on units.  I was thinking we could use an overhaul to our current guide for Vanilla Combined Army.  I'd be more than happy to do so, but I only have a few months of gaming under my belt and mainly stick to lower point games (recon and 200 point games with a couple 300 point matches here and there).  Would you guys be okay with me doing so?

"Hey it's my first time posting here, and I'm kinda new to the game in general, but let me rearrange your stuff"

Do you realize how it sounds? For all we know, you might be an alt account of an existing poster made to avoid responsibility.

Alternatively, just post your proposal and it'll either crash and burn, or survive on its own merits and get incorporated in the guide.

Alrighty.  I knew it was a bit arrogant to ask so, but I'll keep posting on the forums to interact with the community.  I hope to get more experience with the game and look forward to future discussions :D

No hard feelings (I hope :P).

And I was serious about posting. This forum is relatively newbie-friendly, so if you screw things up people'll come over to point out your mistakes and you'll learn stuff that way. Or it can create something useful for the community, either from your input or from a discussion it starts.

I'm happy to have a stab at Some updates, although please appreciate that I'll give no target dates.

I had actually dropped Melkhior a PM some months back to ask him if he'd be willing to accept some unit submissions but never got a reply - I'd be happy to chip in as those threads REALLY helped me when I got started. 

Who do I send any material to, or should we just compile everything in one thread as a kind of think tank and have another as overview?

I know him personally.  Just drop it here and he would use it eventually. 

On 28. 9. 2017 at 9:38 PM, BlackCadian said:

I had actually dropped Melkhior a PM some months back to ask him if he'd be willing to accept some unit submissions but never got a reply - I'd be happy to chip in as those threads REALLY helped me when I got started. 

Who do I send any material to, or should we just compile everything in one thread as a kind of think tank and have another as overview?

Sorry. I forget to reply to you back then. You can send me anything and I will add it to the guide.

I'm wrapping up the USAriadna unit analysis on my blog, I'll be doing Combined next, but that's just one man's opinion. :)