Regelridderen

My Pal Patroclus

53 posts in this topic

So, I did some further reading around.  Would someone confirm that I've got it right or correct me if I've still got it wrong?

If I take Patroclus with mimetism the Holoecho gets mimetism because mimetism is a skill.  If I take Patroclus with ODD, the holoechoes do NOT benefit from ODD because ODD is equipment. 

26 minutes ago, WinnerDave said:

Blimey, good thing I read this post.  I assumed the Holoechoes would benefit from Pat's mimetism, but I guess not.  Kinda gives the game away when my opponent discovers/shoots...that seems a bit bizarre to me.

You're thinking wrong about it, the holoechos are not a protection in themselves, they're just a way to play head games with people and making them waste orders. Here's the direct origin of this in case you forgot (or haven't seen it, go and watch the movie now!):

Spoiler

A classic scene :D

You aren't really protected by an illusion, bullets get Pat just the same as always, you just get them to shoot at the wrong one and maybe even hopefully to not shoot at the real one. This is worth it if you can pull it off well (disclaimer: i suck at head games XD )

On the same note as the Mimetism being a skill (this was asked on FB) do the holoechos get stealth? Pat has it from MA, but if skills are not duplicated...