Stiopa

January! New year! New hopes! New releases! (yeah, I know it's early)

121 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Barrogh said:

I mean, Infinity to wargames is what Street Fighter to fighting games. A bunch of awful national and/or cultural stereotypes pitted one against other in a multiplayer game. So...

I dunno man, I think CB deserve a bit more credit than that. By and large they do a really awesome job of paying respect to the historic emblems and heraldry, mottos, uniform/armour, ethos and background of the objects from which they draw their inspiration. Sure, there's the pop-culture and the anime in there too, but on the whole, their adaptations on historic peoples are pretty faithful and much deeper than superficial stereotypes.

2 hours ago, Valette said:

I dunno man, I think CB deserve a bit more credit than that. By and large they do a really awesome job of paying respect to the historic emblems and heraldry, mottos, uniform/armour, ethos and background of the objects from which they draw their inspiration. Sure, there's the pop-culture and the anime in there too, but on the whole, their adaptations on historic peoples are pretty faithful and much deeper than superficial stereotypes.

lol?

It's faithful and much deeper than superficial stereotypes when they want it to be, certainly. There's some that is definitely just superficial stereotypes though(the USARF and parts of JSA immediately spring to mind).

Caledonia is 50/50. It's essentially a nation that looked to its myths/traditions to start a new life in a new land.

Haqqislam is building upon a historical ideal and moving it forward.

There's probably more I could go into, but I'm hungry and it is lunch time.

6 hours ago, Barrogh said:

Unless it's a profile with Fireteam: Haris.

You mean that's the one you have to take to make the Haris?  Yeah, that would be the only way I could see the profile being used.

For resculpts, I want new Karakuri.  Other than that what I *really* want is the Invincible Army box.

Anyone thinking that march big thing might be a drastic redesign of Vanilla armies? With continuing development of new sectorials which bring new profiles, its becoming quite hard to balance profiles in the vanilla. Theres clearly some in-faction creep (looking at Taskmaster - Kriza Borac for example).

5 hours ago, Sabin76 said:

You mean that's the one you have to take to make the Haris?  Yeah, that would be the only way I could see the profile being used.

Well, yes. Govads-style, kinda.

29 minutes ago, Krofna said:

Theres clearly some in-faction creep (looking at Taskmaster - Kriza Borac for example).

Well, Taskmaster has some extra tools, but yeah, boracs are great in their straightforward thing.

I'd love a Kamau or Varuna-themed ORC box set.

We'll probably will have to wait until March at the earliest, since we're getting Hospitallers in Jan and CB probably won't give PanO that much love two months in a row... But I can hope.

Varuna.  It's all I've ever wanted.

1 minute ago, Barakiel said:

I'd love a Kamau or Varuna-themed ORC box set.

We'll probably will have to wait until March at the earliest, since we're getting Hospitallers in Jan and CB probably won't give PanO that much love two months in a row... But I can hope.

Varuna.  It's all I've ever wanted.

We know Varuna's getting an ORC box. They said they didn't release one already because Varuna is getting "special ORC loadouts".

8 minutes ago, Kanluwen said:

We know Varuna's getting an ORC box. They said they didn't release one already because Varuna is getting "special ORC loadouts".

Hmm?  Yeah I got ya, that's why I'm hoping for a "Varuna-themed ORC box"... A 4-mini box of ORCs painted with the Varuna skullface theme.  

They could release the box containing four Vanilla profiles (HMG, boarding shotgun, Hacker, Combi I imagine) then release the Varuna-only ORC profile in the Varuna starter.

I hope for a second blackjack, because I love playing WYSIWYG and I need a HMG model

If not, some new line kazak ML and HMG, the old one are too outdated

17 hours ago, Barakiel said:

Hmm?  Yeah I got ya, that's why I'm hoping for a "Varuna-themed ORC box"... A 4-mini box of ORCs painted with the Varuna skullface theme.  

They could release the box containing four Vanilla profiles (HMG, boarding shotgun, Hacker, Combi I imagine) then release the Varuna-only ORC profile in the Varuna starter.

I theorize we might see the fabled HI starter boxes (invincible army and possibly Varuna) start soon.  We have been prpmised something big this year for holidays and a few new starters could be that

Is there any other unit that has sectorial specific load outs? 

3 minutes ago, GregMurdock said:

Is there any other unit that has sectorial specific load outs? 

Kempeitai. Chain of Command loadout is only available in JSA.

34 minutes ago, zagdag said:

We have been prpmised something big this year for holidays . . . 

Wait.

What?

When?

On 12 październik 2017 at 10:42 PM, thatAJguy said:

Rasyat! Rasyat! ...

If it's a boarding shotgun sculpt even I might buy it.

3 minutes ago, GregMurdock said: Is there any other unit that has sectorial specific load outs? 

Kempeitai. Chain of Command loadout is only available in JSA.

Every Haris Profile. A few Lt profiles. Authorised Father Sforza (Dogged).

The assumed difference is that VORCs will have equipment differences to RORCs.

7 minutes ago, inane.imp said:

The assumed difference is that VORCs will have equipment differences to RORCs.

Probably more tinbots. :scared-(-nahh-):

46 minutes ago, YoJamesBo said:

Probably more tinbots. :scared-(-nahh-):

Aquatic Terrain.

Spoiler

At extra cost.

+2pts each because Aquatic Terrain is very powerful with BS 14

11 hours ago, YoJamesBo said:

Wait.

What?

When?

My phone hates the quote system.

This could be one of my trademark "complete lies" where I horribly misread or misunderstood something, but my understanding was that the con-where Hospitalers were revealed we were also told there wpuld be something big at the end of the year. 

Again, could be remembering wrong but mayacast made some comment about having to sit on some info. If I have insomnia I will go sort myself out and mention you @YoJamesBo

More I think about it, the more a "campaign system" retrofit would make sense to drop then. We are only short one spec ops, and it drops in december...

23 hours ago, zagdag said:

I theorize we might see the fabled HI starter boxes (invincible army and possibly Varuna) start soon.  We have been prpmised something big this year for holidays and a few new starters could be that

For all that is good heavy metal infantry, I hope you are right regarding the IA boxes.