Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bakga

New Morat Player - What Paint Scheme?

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

As part of our local Escalation League, we want to paint our new and growing armies. For this event I got the Wotan Strikezone Morat starter bundle.

Now I am looking for a good paint scheme for the big guys. Coming from Nomads I already have a lot of Black/Red and Grey/Red minis. Therefore I want my Morats to look different from the studio paint scheme. Any ideas?

Currently I'm looking at the greenish paint scheme from the Raicho. But I'm not sure how this fits the infantry units.

Is that a 'Nid head?  Love the conversion.

That green looks really good, though.  I think Morats look good with a decent level of contrast between their skin tone and armor.  Since they are pretty red, but generally wear more armor that their troop classification would suggest (barring witch soldiers, of course), just make sure to choose a color where the red becomes an accent.  Good shading and highlights can make almost any color scheme look decent enough.

Thanks for the input. I think the Green from coolminiornot looks great and fits the Jungle theme quite well

Find a jungle (either real or imagined) picture to define your scheme.

My morats are based off a synth album cover...

5ece37d2af6304f30ca67748ddd26ea0.jpg43736dc085c74c667d2f5f41f87fa99d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Sabin76 said:

Is that a 'Nid head?  Love the conversion.

Yes :D

When I choose the color for my morats I wanted something more garish and out there. My sogarat is an old geezer with a sound tactical mind but who still does things 'the old way' so his troops don't go for cammo so much as proud heritage.

Plus, you can't see bloodstains on red B)

20 hours ago, dlfleetw said:

Do you have pictures of a finished one? I am still a bit undecided but your Wip looks tasty 80s.

No pics I'm afraid, but my colour scheme was inspired by wasps, so yellow and a very dark grey applied in alternating bands on the armour panels.

Or at least it will be if I can find the time or energy to paint something

20 hours ago, dlfleetw said: Find a jungle (either real or imagined) picture to define your scheme.

Do you have pictures of a finished one? I am still a bit undecided but your Wip looks tasty 80s.

I started my Raktorak SM last night. Happy with some portions and not so much others (will snap a picture tonight)

If you're thinking green, the Dark Angel Space Marine color scheme would work well, to imo.

The grey Horus Heresy Space Wolves colors would look good, too. Night Lords too I think.

(I'm awful at coming up with original color schemes, but borrowing has worked well for my armies)

These are mine, I don't have a pic since I finished them need to be sure to do that next game night.

No automatic alt text available.

On 18 październik 2017 at 1:50 PM, dlfleetw said:

I'm gonna need the names of paints you used. Supercharged fluo CGA scheme is very much something I'd like to use some day.

On 18 październik 2017 at 1:50 PM, dlfleetw said: Find a jungle (either real or imagined) picture to define your scheme.

I'm gonna need the names of paints you used. Supercharged fluo CGA scheme is very much something I'd like to use some day.

Vallejo RC Cobalt and RC Fluoro Pink.

Still working on the contrast, but started adding the pink lighting finally.

c0d56e5c92a6bea263d73dbf4485afda.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0