Koin-Koin

New Support Painting Group (NSPG): Remember, remember, the topic of November

51 posts in this topic

A month replaces another, so does the NSPG thread.

Let flood it with pics of unpainted minis, completed minis, comments, advice and awesomeness.

Just missed out on the October thread with adding my yu jing starter, but hey they're all done.

DSC_0216~2.JPG

Let`s wrap up Corregidor minis:

IMG_5276.JPG

For start there are five Alguaciles (yeah, Uluhu went there) and two Intruders.

Here is my Pledge as posted in the October thread

kmzoK6k.jpg?1

And additionally I finished painting the Intruder by now. I didn't use as much medium as I did on the Ayyar, plus I tried to save some time by using the same color to highlight different shades of grey and it shows. 

Luckily I'm just painting this for a friend as a favor and it's not too bad. It did remind me that I should probably get a new pot/dropper of black wash as I've been making do with a thinned down black too often. First Mini for November: Intruder Sniper.

wGMNthq.jpg

Booty shot first

ym2V1ny.jpg

front.  

qFvLJJG.jpg

third angle.

Not much of a fan of the X-visor as it kept me from my plan of doing some freehand on the helmet like the other intruder I painted. 

I have been liking the look of this new color I bought (VMC's Mahogany brown) for a reddish leather. I think I might use it more often.

2 hours ago, sarf said:

Let`s wrap up Corregidor minis:

IMG_5276.JPG

For start there are five Alguaciles (yeah, Uluhu went there) and two Intruders.

For a moment I thought you had some really well painted minis in the background then I noticed it was just Giraldez's pictures.

I have two very exciting models to add some kick to my Haqqislam force:

Liela Sharif and Tarik. And a spare Algaucil who'll get a different-looking paint scheme than red -- she is a test piece to see if I repaint my few Nomads.

Liele and Tarik are to me centerpoint models and I really want to try to push my self a bit on both. (Which means for me 5x more work for 5% better than normal. Plateau in deed.)

2017-11-02 17.07.56.jpg

17 hours ago, Deathwig said:

Just missed out on the October thread with adding my yu jing starter, but hey they're all done.

Thats a cool color scheme. :)

Cheers Brimat I've had a lot of practice doing red armour quickly after diving back into 40k after 8th edition landed. I'm also rather pleased at how the the hsien's purple coat stands out against the red. B)

8efed2560cbce47fb6326e47ef1d4c66.jpg

To complete the Onyx the Rodok are waiting to get painted in November.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

10 hours ago, MikeS said:

This leaves me a quandary: my skin formula looks a lot like my Haqq light armor formula, especially for males and when I don't use a pinkish flesh highlight. Should I go back to my 15+ painted Haqq models and apply this pale green armor to them?

Maybe a family snapshot to compare would help to comment.

But I think I can see what you mean.

Good work with Tarik, I like its colour scheme and its details ;)

Tarik Mansuri. Also a Cactus that I'm more proud of than I likely should be. 

102_5570.JPG

QWUQQAz.jpg

NlkgOPB.jpg

imgur album here

Not quite like @MikeS pretty well done rendition but hey, many ways to skin a cat and what not. Should have been a little more careful with some of those highlights but oh well. On to the next. Regarding MikeS' question, I'd personally just leave the already painted models as is and maybe go about mixing in a bit of a bestial/beasty brown or a warmer flesh color like sunny skin tone to the skin formula you're using to look less like the armor.

On 11/8/2017 at 3:08 AM, Koin-Koin said:

Maybe a family snapshot to compare would help to comment.

But I think I can see what you mean.

Here is a family photo.  The Ghulam to on the left and right show the problem the worst, while  the lady ghulam in the middle with the purple hair used a more pink high light, and doesn't show the same problem--but she looks rather too European.

I have been trying Reaper's Olive skin triad, to try to have less European skin tones. But the contrast in this triad was too low. (Left-most  HMG ghulam is about pure olive triad.)

haqq colors.jpg

ykbWbpi.jpg

IOGOHNa.jpg

Authorized Bounty Hunter. Took a few shortcuts here and there, and I fixed a mistake I've seen from the second picture but it'll work. I didn't aim for display quality here, this was mostly a side project and I've realized I think I'd prefer to convert a Dakini in the place that I would have this Bounty Hunter listed. 

@MikeS if I remember well, I used the the Vallejo Game Color Flesh Wash for my Red Veil minis (I followed the Angel Vol2 method). But I need to check for the base as it implied some glaze at one time or another and I don't remember every single color used.

But yes, skin tone variations are tricky.

Done except for some little details. Next I guess will be a couple of Spektrs, another Tsyklon and Bandits. Photos to do.

IMG_5288.JPG

@MikeS the base color was sunny skin tone  washed with medium flesh tone with more wash applied for cheeks ...

Angel method is going far in the details for hi lights so I honestly was not able to follow it for those.

So next in queue to be painted: Spektrs trio, Beba and second Tsyklon Tachikoma.

IMG_5300.JPG

Where did you got the Tachikoma? Because there's a Kotobukiya kit that comes with 3, but it's getting increasingly scarcer since discontinued, this week i checked to see if i could find it and was around 55-60€ with shipping (triple the original price), and given that i'd be getting it for the little dudes and not the actual kit (it's 1/72, i'm not too keen on that scale, if it were good for our tabletops at 1/48 or something i'd be getting it in a hurry) i don't know if i'd want to basically get the tachis for that amount

1 hour ago, jherazob said:

Where did you got the Tachikoma? Because there's a Kotobukiya kit that comes with 3

It`s that kit, bought by me on Amazon a year or two ago. It flew from Japan to US then through Europe to my hands here, in Ukraine. Quite a long trip))) 
I have one painted and other and Jigabachi still in box.

Next, Kaplans. God, I love me some Kaplans. No more Imperial Army for 1989 for me!

2017-11-12 14.54.56.jpg