Koin-Koin

New Support Painting Group (NSPG): Remember, remember, the topic of November

51 posts in this topic

4aff7af622e7ad4bf7d1ee157eeb1633.jpg

Completed! Not perfect but ready for the game. Rodoks ready for fighting.

With Red Bull can for Super-Jump :-)

1dc99e27a3a027826bd966ffb3d99fc4.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

More on the paint queue.

Fiday, Kaplan spitfire.

Also an old scupt of a Djanbasan rifle. This is a ugly model.

Then, my nemesis. The worst model I'd assembled in years. Worse the Taureg Sniper.

The farzan from hell. This fiend has two arms and detached gun. Awful to assemble. Now a hour later as a shameful wad of super glue and enough green stuff to sort of fill in the gaps. Seriously, this model was misery to assemble.

2017-11-16 15.42.53.jpg

Hey guys, I wish I had entered earlier as I’ve painted around 15 minis this month (humble brag)! 

Not to worry as this is the one I‘m most interested in. Hopefully I can do her justice and try to get it done before December rolls around. Going to be tight!

3WFiiZ4.jpg

3 hours ago, Edster said:
Hey guys, I wish I had entered earlier as I’ve painted around 15 minis this month (humble brag)! 

Not to worry as this is the one I‘m most interested in. Hopefully I can do her justice and try to get it done before December rolls around. Going to be tight!

3WFiiZ4.jpg

Glad to finally see you joining the rank of the NSPG regiment. I'm specially interested in how you will handle this beast. She's on my to do list and I admit that she's a bit intimidating.

I put Tachikoma on hold because I`m out of black shade for a moment. Spektrs and Beba done))

IMG_5307.JPG

Now my Szalamandra has a pilot))

12 hours ago, Edster said:

3WFiiZ4.jpg

I'd have suggested paint her in subassemblies rather than one big figure. Sorry to provide this information too late. You could zenithal highlight to an extreme and weather all the way back down. Washes, pigments, etc.

More than any other model in Infinity, Maggie is a tank and can be painted with tank-painting techniques. Chipping, Grime, rust. Pigments and dust.

Look at this image to show a modern tank dinged up a bit in the desert. Notice the new white scratches as well as the old rusty scratches.

1491877288_0_20b24d_1efbfa93_orig.jpg

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsvehicles/militaryground/coldwar/usa/M1-A1_Abrams_1.jpg

Edit to remove my  own work.

Now, I've completed my benighted Farzan, my old sculpt Djanbazan, a fiday, and a full link of Kaplans.

Infinity Haqq Djan farzan fiday.jpg

Infinity Haqq Kaplans.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys, but I really wanted to this in my style as the final model of my haqq army. I.e. colorful and bright.  I also usually build my models before assembly as it is quicker for me. I use a brush not airbrush and I feel like the parts you can’t reach are usually the parts you can’t see either so I’m cool with it.

this was a lot of fun to paint, it felt as if it only came together at the end though... maybe the highlighting and blending phases. I still feel like there is more work to do, but for now I’m very happy with her. Hope you guys like the colour way! 

Sharp eyes will notice the next project on the right... I keep forgetting to upload images on here 😳😳😳😳 so I’ll pledge them and hopefully get them done quickly. They have just had a very quick base coat.

Cheers,

Ed

AVQoShM.jpg

9lk2RUx.jpg

sQe9A2B.jpg

8BB5uMh.jpg

OACfh53.jpg

That's certainly the brightest, most colorful Maggie i've seen yet :D

That's certainly the brightest, most colorful Maggie i've seen yet

I agree, she even looks happy ^^

I made global post for the whole painting section regarding the forum migration but I'd like to ask here specifically for the NSPG threads :

- what is best ? Start the December thread on the new forum or wait until January to ensure everything as been fixed/polished on the new forum ?

- is it worth keeping archive of the past threads ?

Any thoughts welcome :)

31 minutes ago, Koin-Koin said:

I made global post for the whole painting section regarding the forum migration but I'd like to ask here specifically for the NSPG threads :

- what is best ? Start the December thread on the new forum or wait until January to ensure everything as been fixed/polished on the new forum ?

Engorn, the one that has been handling them on the spanish side, has been migrating the ones from there into a new thread, and what he's been doing is basically posting everybody's finished pic from previous months. Maybe that could be done for the english ones, or maybe not, the purpose for them is to keep people painting, and that purpose is being fulfilled whether the old threads survive or not...

2 hours ago, Koin-Koin said:

I vote putting December thread on new forum.

I would not archive past threads. These are mostly works in progress.

Rather, individuals should perhaps post their own completed models with a suggestion to follow the painters' support group.

Edited by MikeS
refined my arguments

Nice finding @jherazob I think I could try to something similar.

My first thought was about keeping trace of the comments and advice provided, but, as you mentioned, the main goal is keep people painting, all of those info will rise again on the long term.

Your vote as been validated @MikeS :_aww__rvmp_by_bad_blood:

Still working on the zondbots but here are the first looks at the Clockmaker and Daktaris

LdBGTb5.jpg

swgSKPb.jpg

Edit: Zondbots

oETAPX7.jpg

Nice work guys! 

I agree with @jherazob it’s all about motivation and progression - I wouldn’t worry about archiving anything, people will do their own work for themselves if they feel strongly enough. 

It would be brilliant if we could use this opportunity to merge with the Spanish Forum community -

Monthly Painting Support  / Mes de Soporte Pintura 

I would love to see this thead be a common ground between the communities. 

I’m going to have to start to practice my Spanish! (Or at least google translate my messages underneath) 

-

Buen trabajo chicos!

Estoy de acuerdo con @jherazob, todo se trata de motivación y progresión. No me preocuparía archivar nada, la gente hará su propio trabajo si siente lo suficiente.

Sería genial si pudiéramos aprovechar esta oportunidad para unirnos a la comunidad del Foro Español -

Monthly Painting Support  / Mes de Soporte Pintura

Me encantaría ver que este thead sea un terreno común entre las comunidades.

¡Voy a tener que empezar a practicar mi español! (O al menos google traducir mis mensajes debajo)

-

17 hours ago, Koin-Koin said:

I'd start the December thread (perhaps early)

I'd say it's worth it, possibly. How hard could it be, posting the link on archive.is? Maybe just the past six months.

7 minutes ago, Stormygeddon said:

I'd start the December thread (perhaps early)

Please do. Lets have one last painting thread on these forums.

Thanks all for your replies :)

I agree, it does not make much sense to migrate the old threads. After all, they'll stay available for a full year so I doubt someone has to go back in after this period.

About the new thread, @Stormygeddon do you mean creating it here or in the new forum ? It seems that most people think to have it on the new one but I may have miss something.

@Edster I think your idea of having a common thread makes sense as, in the end, this is the Infinity community as a whole not the Spanish vs the rest of the world.

If so I just have no idea how it will live and should be handled :unsure:

I'll try to get in touch with the guy who dealt with it on the previous Spanish forum, he may have some though on it.

Please continue to share your thoughts here.

Things are going on here :)

I get in touch with @Engorn and we are working on the common thread idea. I'll give you some update on it.

I hereby announce that our beloved @Arachas is back to help us on this transition period.

I will stop polluting the thread, but feel free to PM me if you have any suggestion/question regarding the migration.

8 hours ago, Koin-Koin said:

Thanks all for your replies :)

I agree, it does not make much sense to migrate the old threads. After all, they'll stay available for a full year so I doubt someone has to go back in after this period.

About the new thread, @Stormygeddon do you mean creating it here or in the new forum ? It seems that most people think to have it on the new one but I may have miss something.

@Edster I think your idea of having a common thread makes sense as, in the end, this is the Infinity community as a whole not the Spanish vs the rest of the world.

If so I just have no idea how it will live and should be handled :unsure:

I'll try to get in touch with the guy who dealt with it on the previous Spanish forum, he may have some though on it.

Please continue to share your thoughts here.

I meant to say start a new paiting support group thread in the new forum for December, even if it is a bit early, and link to the previous one here. 

Finished my Djan Sniper. I had to photograph indoors, so the lighting only fair. True photo time: take pictures out doors on a cloudy day or better yet, as the sun is setting and everything is golden (hence the phrase "golden hour")

Infinity Haqq Djan Sniper.jpg