baptiste.l

Untitled Wargaming Table Project

11 posts in this topic

Looks interesting, any plans for railings/walls around the walkways to break up the upper level lines of sight?

Robert

I like the design and the building up adding to the extra 3d gaming. I have always liked boards like this.

Anyone else reminded of the Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex episode, "Does not equal"?  Where the team is trying to find a kidnapped lady and rescue her from some anti-cyber terrorists on an old oil platform?

1 hour ago, Section 9 said:

Anyone else reminded of the Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex episode, "Does not equal"?  Where the team is trying to find a kidnapped lady and rescue her from some anti-cyber terrorists on an old oil platform?

I was thinking more of the 2004 Appleseed movie where the location of the bioroid data was hidden on an abandoned oil rig.

Robert 

19 hours ago, Toaster said:

Looks interesting, any plans for railings/walls around the walkways to break up the upper level lines of sight?

Robert

Yes ! There will be guardrails on every side of the platforms including walkways, that can be easily moved or shifted to let place for stairs. Also I plan to have computer devices attached to those guardrails, that will add cover

Pictures coming soon :)

9 hours ago, Section 9 said:

Anyone else reminded of the Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex episode, "Does not equal"? 

I do not remember that one ! I'm gonna have to rewatch it and check Appleseed for inspiration too, thanks for the references :)

23 hours ago, Toaster said:

I was thinking more of the 2004 Appleseed movie where the location of the bioroid data was hidden on an abandoned oil rig.

That, too!

14 hours ago, baptiste.l said:

I do not remember that one ! I'm gonna have to rewatch it and check Appleseed for inspiration too, thanks for the references :)

No problem.  I'm referring to Episode 13 of the first season of GitS (though there's nothing wrong with rewatching the entire series)

Cool project. I like the planning done before you started building stuff. :)

Have to control myself to do it the same way for my planned paradiso table. :side:

I may need to "borrow" this idea.

Is there space for an 8x8" (~20x20cm) Objective Building in the center?

On 19/11/2017 at 1:23 AM, Section 9 said:

I may need to "borrow" this idea.

Is there space for an 8x8" (~20x20cm) Objective Building in the center?

I don't know how to feel about that... :huh:

For the largest Platform (1), the dead space in the center is a 50x50cm square.
The Platform 2 has a circle of 50cm diameter in the center, and the Platform 3 has a hollow ~20cm diameter circle with 4 walkways joining the pylons.

Pm me if you want to disccus it.
Happy building ! :D