ers

Inferior Infiltration Rolls

Question

At what point in your deployment phase do you roll for inferior infiltration?  

If I have a list with 3 inferior infiltrating grunts, does anything prevent me from setting one down in the "perfect" spot, rolling my phy-3, seeing the outcome, and then if failed, place another grunt in the same "perfect" spot and try again?  Or do I have to place all 3 down in their spots, then roll for each one of them (thus not granting me multiple attempts at that one spot)?

4 answers to this question

As soon as a model touches the table with a deployment skill that needs to be rolled, you should roll it.

To expand on the above, it is done sequentially. You place 1 Grunt down, roll to see if he sticks, resolve the result. Then you move on to Grunt #2.

That's what I thought, and how I have played it. Reading through the rules on deployment and on infiltration, that seemed the way to play it. It just seemed to almost take advantage of the rules by giving me multiple chances to stick a landing in the same spot. Whereas most of infinity gameplay is resolved as happening all at once (1st short skill, aro, 2nd short skill), deployment is different. I was just afraid I was taking advantage of something. 

Thanks for your answers. 

Well you paid for 3 dudes, so it's hardly like you're getting an unfair chance for no cost. Besides, if deployment was not sequential, a lot of other rules would be messed up. Like you couldn't ever place a Mine put down by Minelayer in ZoC of the figure with the Minelayer skill if they had to go down simultaneously.