DarkPhoenix

Impact Template vs Multiple ARO

Question

Missile launcher guy pops out of cover and seen by 2 models, they shoot at him, and he shoot at one of the models. Those 2 are close enough for template to hit both. How does this resolve?

1. FtF with target guy, second guy hit automatically and have his normal roll to hit missile guy.

2. FtF with both and template lands only if missile guy wins.

3. FtF with both and whoever wins does not get hit, but whoever fails got blasted?

4. FtF with target, and if target wins template does not land? And second guy have normal roll?

9 answers to this question

#3.

They are independently resolved F2F rolls.

Small detail, if the missile launcher crit, it will be considered a crit only against the main targer. For the other face to face, the crit will only be an ordinary sucess.

49 minutes ago, arkhos94 said:

Small detail, if the missile launcher crit, it will be considered a crit only against the main targer. For the other face to face, the crit will only be an ordinary sucess.

Not quite, the crit still auto-wins the F2F against the secondary target (unless s/he rolls a crit as well), but the auto-damage is only against the primary target.
(crits with templates only auto-damage the main target, but still count as crits for winning the F2F against all targets).

1 hour ago, arkhos94 said:

If I remember the last time this came up correctly no.

It will be a critical success against everyone. But only the actual target gets the automatic damage from the Crit (or other Critical effects). I could be wrong, but was very surprised about the result so I'm pretty sure (for what it's worth it also matches RAW).

FTF autowin from the crit against everyone affected by the template, Critical Effects only against the main target (the one you declared the BS Attack against).

Last official answer was that a crit auto-wins all the FtFs, but only bypasses the main target's ARM roll.  All other targets get saves as per a normal hit.

It is the literal reading of the rule under template weapons:

Rolling a Critical in an Attack Roll with a Template Weapon causes the target of the attack (and only the target) to suffer Damage automatically and lose one point of Wounds/Structure, bypassing the ARM or BTS Roll, and applies what its Special Ammunition specifies in case of Critical.

It only addresses the damage; nothing in that rule changes how the FtF winner is determined.

(Not how I thought it should be played, but it's what CB said).

Can you show where is the official answer ? I read the whoel topic you quoted and coudn't find an official answer in it (or am I missing something ?). People don't even agree between the two interpretations :

- crit is a crit only on the main target and a normal sucess on other (what I said)

- crit is a crit for everyone regarding the face to face but only on the main target regarding the armour roll (what you said)

The answer with the green tick is fixed by CB Staff. No other can do that and it is done only with complete and right answers.

11 hours ago, arkhos94 said:

Can you show where is the official answer ? I read the whoel topic you quoted and coudn't find an official answer in it (or am I missing something ?). People don't even agree between the two interpretations :

- crit is a crit only on the main target and a normal sucess on other (what I said)

- crit is a crit for everyone regarding the face to face but only on the main target regarding the armour roll (what you said)

Correct answer is marked by a green checkbox.

I didn't know it, thanks for the information