Solar

Everyone loves a Nemesis: Dire Foes Poll

Everyone loves a Nemesis: Dire Foes   79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be more Dire Foes packs?

• Yes! I'd like several Dire Foes character for each troop type! (Fusiliers, Alguaciles etc)
    • Yes! I'd like to see one Dire Foes character for each line troop type
    • No, I think there are enough Dire Foes characters
    • No, I dislike the existing Dire Foes and want them gone

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

Moderator Spec OPs Light Shotgun, Light Flamer, Doctor WIP 13, Lt Profile

gimme a regular and a grunt and id be a pretty happy man

frankly i always found weird that the spec op were based on basic LI profiles (said profiles are Line/garrison troopers).

for 3 main reasons:

- basic LI linkteam is already a thing, even without Spec-ops, they are/were used as a cheap filler / order producer / DZ controller. The fact that some Spec-ops bring a lot of utilities on an already cheap linkteam make other linkteam available bad in comparison.

Example: Lupe balboa in a Alguacile linkteam is an extremely good deal, basically giving a "must have" troop if you want to play an alguacile linkteam. (more so before the jaguar releases)

- The idea of an highly trained troop in a Line trooper (or even Garrison trooper) team is IMHO a total BS. that's as much as cinematic as seeing Rambo be in the same barrack as The platoon from Full-metal jacket.

In reality, and also in most films, a squad is made by almost-equally-trained elements. Take for example Alien 2, Predator, Starship troopers...

- Given the small "elite action" feel of infinity, i think that the Heroes in general should be absent.

I mean, how many action can Sun Tzu partecipate into? And Achilles? And Mc.Murrough? IMHO low cost heroes should be only a name in the books. 

let's take for example Mc Murrough in corregidor.

Mc Murrough, with a talking sword, being on Corregidor is definitely cool and fun, but frankly i see it as being a bit of "extreme". (especially because Mc Murrough has a thing for dying and it has NO CUBE!)

If CB wanted to give a similar thing, though with very different "feel" they could give corregidor/Bakunin a generic "Refugee Dog-warrior" with similar stats and be over with it.

they could write a simple Lore about it being on corregidor because he defected/followedMcMurrough/was captured and be over with it.

same could be done for almost all heroes of the game. without any particular problem regarding playstyle.

but i guess the last point is a bit personal feeling.

On 13.11.2017 at 5:49 PM, Barakiel said:

I'd love an Acontecimento Regular with shotgun and tac bow.

...I'll put the request for a Fuerbach profile on hold for now, just from the perspective of managing my expectations.

Feuerbach for the Orc character chick is still on the table though, so don't give up on that just yet.

With Orcs it's dream big or go home anyway, minor stuff won't be enough to salavage them.

@Darkvortex87 Fluff and game balance imho are completely seperate things. There are loads and loads of troops, Sectorial compositions etc which don't make sense.

The Spec OP Chacarcters are the least concerning to me, they're just veterans amongs Linetroopers, still barely on MI level for the most part and nowhere near the real elite troops of a faction. The one thing about Wm/Ho I liked was the idea of there being one real dude and a bunch of similar leaders, fakes or imposters around. Your Lupe Balboa doesn't have to be Lupe Balboa for you, it's just generic Elite Alguacile 749 of Division 14 who stole/got awarded better equipment and has been around for longer than the average joe.

The best pro Spec Op Characters argument I can come up with is that they're a lot better than the "build your own Spec Op" thing.

Where's my QK Dire Foe, CB?  Hunh?  Stop sculpting those damned tactical rocks and sculpt me an Odalisque Spec Op. Leila Sharif is really more of a Vanilla/Bahram Spec Op. (Yes, I know Oda's are not normally Spec Ops. So What?)

Also, I'd like to inquire about the whereabouts of my Acontecimento Regular Spec OP?   Where is it?  It should look like Hurley, or maybe Sayeed.

On 20/11/2017 at 9:28 PM, Teslarod said:

Feuerbach for the Orc character chick is still on the table though, so don't give up on that just yet.

Sorry what is this character Orc? Has something been announced?

8 minutes ago, Shoitaan said:

Sorry what is this character Orc? Has something been announced?

Confirmed upcoming release for Varuna and Vanilla, straight from the Bostria's mouth. 

We don't really know any more I'm afraid. 

Please let the character orc be called Grishnakh.

And give him a matched (dire foes style) character called Euronymous.   \m/

3 hours ago, Red Harvest said:

Where's my QK Dire Foe, CB?  Hunh?  Stop sculpting those damned tactical rocks and sculpt me an Odalisque Spec Op. Leila Sharif is really more of a Vanilla/Bahram Spec Op. (Yes, I know Oda's are not normally Spec Ops. So What?)

Also, I'd like to inquire about the whereabouts of my Acontecimento Regular Spec OP?   Where is it?  It should look like Hurley, or maybe Sayeed.

QK spec ops should be a Hafza...

3 hours ago, Red Harvest said: Where's my QK Dire Foe, CB?  Hunh?  Stop sculpting those damned tactical rocks and sculpt me an Odalisque Spec Op. Leila Sharif is really more of a Vanilla/Bahram Spec Op. (Yes, I know Oda's are not normally Spec Ops. So What?)

QK spec ops should be a Hafza...

Because QK does not already have access to the best Dire Foe going in Leila

On 11/16/2017 at 0:35 PM, Mahtamori said:

Not that Bolts can be Spec Ops (comparing to Thorakitai, the only thing stopping them is probably symmetry reasons that Pan-O already have 3 spec ops options) but that's a damned good idea.

So what? Ariadna has 4 of them.

Having one for each basic, AVA Total, Linkable troop type is only smart.

Since Auxilia can't meet that criteria, then Bolts would be the natural fit. It also gives NCA something unique and interesting.

I'm hoping Vedic come with a new Spec-Op and DF option in box where she's vs. a Grunt based character. 

Bonus points for adorable Antipode pup HVT. 

14 minutes ago, Col said:

I'm hoping Vedic come with a new Spec-Op and DF option in box where she's vs. a Grunt based character. 

Bonus points for adorable Antipode pup HVT. 

Why a "she"? It can be a Dakini SpecOps for all that it matters.

4 minutes ago, Kanluwen said:

Why a "she"? It can be a Dakini SpecOps for all that it matters.

So far Dire Foes have alternated Male/Female. 

Yuriko Oda / Xi Zhuang

Bipandra / Konstantinos

Hasht / Anyat

Yasbir / Leila

So I'm assuming:

Isobel / Line Kazak or Grunt dude

Thrasymides / Vedic woman

Besides, a Dakini badass enough to become a Specop has the right to be a she if she wants to be! 

On 11/21/2017 at 9:52 PM, Red Harvest said:

Where's my QK Dire Foe, CB?  Hunh?  Stop sculpting those damned tactical rocks and sculpt me an Odalisque Spec Op. Leila Sharif is really more of a Vanilla/Bahram Spec Op. (Yes, I know Oda's are not normally Spec Ops. So What?)...

This, this, and a thousand times this!!!   Also, please give Assault Pistols to the Odalisques.

#assaultpistols4odalisques

49 minutes ago, Col said:

So far Dire Foes have alternated Male/Female. 

Yuriko Oda / Xi Zhuang

Bipandra / Konstantinos

Hasht / Anyat

Yasbir / Leila

So I'm assuming:

Isobel / Line Kazak or Grunt dude

Thrasymides / Vedic woman

Besides, a Dakini badass enough to become a Specop has the right to be a she if she wants to be! 

This list only works for Haqqislam and Yu Jing as both had a significant time between releases.

That said, Konstantinos and Yasbir don't count in my eyes. Both are intended to be in-game representations of community members.

14 minutes ago, Kanluwen said:

That said, Konstantinos and Yasbir don't count in my eyes. Both are intended to be in-game representations of community members.

But they also sets a precedent, which could advance the argument for more varied Dire Foes.

1 hour ago, Danger Rose said:

But they also sets a precedent, which could advance the argument for more varied Dire Foes.

They'd only set a precedent, IMO, if they hadn't been surrounded by almost every other Dire Foe being female. Yeah I get that it was a "4:4" ratio, but if they'd been left to their own devices for a MO and Hassassin character there's no guarantee it would have remained as such.

MRRF Metro (or Zouave, Briscard, whatever) SpecOp could single-handedly unscrew that faction while we wait (years) for the book. Somebody with Sensor would be badass, might fit well with Briscards. That or just a Metro who's basically the dude from District B-13 (mobility skills, CC).

Really looking forward to an Invincible SpecOp. I hope it's an Engineer, mostly for flavor reasons.

Nexus SpecOp would make sense and not be much more powerful than the Muyib or Thorakitai SpecOps we already have.

32 minutes ago, Savnock said:

MRRF Metro (or Zouave, Briscard, whatever) SpecOp could single-handedly unscrew that faction while we wait (years) for the book. Somebody with Sensor would be badass, might fit well with Briscards. That or just a Metro who's basically the dude from District B-13 (mobility skills, CC).

Really looking forward to an Invincible SpecOp. I hope it's an Engineer, mostly for flavor reasons.

Nexus SpecOp would make sense and not be much more powerful than the Muyib or Thorakitai SpecOps we already have.

You can have an Invincible SpecOp Engineer when I get a Bolt Engineer.

3 hours ago, Kanluwen said:

You can have an Invincible SpecOp Engineer when I get a Bolt Engineer.

Definitely into that, a Bolt hero would be really cool... not quite as cool as an HI grunt hero, but still pretty rad. Here's hoping a Bolt Haris happens at some point too, y'all deserve it.

2 hours ago, Savnock said:

Definitely into that, a Bolt hero would be really cool... not quite as cool as an HI grunt hero, but still pretty rad. Here's hoping a Bolt Haris happens at some point too, y'all deserve it.

We got a Grunt hero. He's called The Unknown Ranger but for whatever reason can't link with his bros.

On 11/25/2017 at 1:47 PM, Kanluwen said:

We got a Grunt hero. He's called The Unknown Ranger but for whatever reason can't link with his bros.

He would be pretty nuts in a grunt link (or really any of the usariadnan links since he has a hodgepodge of gear from all of them) I would have loved to see a profile for him that could do that.

don't think it'd be that overpowered seeing as Wallace can link with everything in his sectoral and he's not an auto include

Just chiming in to say that Dire Foes packs are somewhat customer-unfriendly. 

Yeah, they are more a good excuse to get cool HVTs and minis to proxy as something else (which is what most of my Dire Foes are becoming)