Keyrott

Multiple electric pulse cc

Question

If I have 3 moderators in base with something and that thing cc's, do all three electric pulses from the ARO count and thus the attacking model is immobilized cuz it ate 2 uncontested pulses? The only thing tripping me up is electric pulse says you must fail a face to face in order to be immobilized.

I think this is probably answered by the berserk example for electric pulse on the wiki because those are normal rolls and not face to face, but wanna make sure

22 answers to this question

Why not ? Only hope for poor guy is to declare dodge and roll more than 7. 

if he wanted he could have Dodge which would have been FtF to all AROs, but he chose to only oppose 1 and therefore the other 2 are Normal Success.

I disagree. It wont be immobilized because there is simply no face to face with the 2nd and 3rd Moderator and therefore electric pulse is rendered useless. "You have to touch the moderator to get shocked." 

The Normal success still has to be face to face. The effect only triggers once the opponent fails: 

• If the opponent fails the Face to Face Roll against the automatic result of 7, he will be in the Immobilized-2 state for 2 Turns (The effect cancels automatically at the end of the next Player Turn), placing the corresponding IMM-2 Marker.

2 hours ago, Keyrott said:

If I have 3 moderators in base with something and that thing cc's, do all three electric pulses from the ARO count and thus the attacking model is immobilized cuz it ate 2 uncontested pulses? The only thing tripping me up is electric pulse says you must fail a face to face in order to be immobilized.

I think this is probably answered by the berserk example for electric pulse on the wiki because those are normal rolls and not face to face, but wanna make sure

Unless they are forming a Linkteam, yes.

1 hour ago, Recruit-3D said:

"You have to touch the moderator to get shocked." 

touching is already covered by being physically engaged in a close combat. You don't need to actively go and touch the REM, the REM can decide to touch you and if you are doing nothing to oppose him touching you, you get shocked. That is similar to Berserk where you allow your opponent to touch you freely (with either electric pulse as in the e pulse example saying it is allowed; or a knife in normal cases) in order to also make a non-FTF attack on him. EPulse is a CC weapon, you use it the same way as any other CC weapon by trying to touch the opponent during the execution of the short skill. With the difference the roll is automatic and there is no ARM save.

13 minutes ago, Commoner1 said:
2 hours ago, Keyrott said:

Unless they are forming a Linkteam,

why the distinction ? i understand in active turn, only the leader rolls (with extra Burst); but in ARO they can each ARO with their own skill (declaring the same skill of course), it work with BS ARO why not with CC ARO ?

4 minutes ago, Robock said:

touching is already covered by being physically engaged in a close combat. You don't need to actively go and touch the REM, the REM can decide to touch you and if you are doing nothing to oppose him touching you, you get shocked. That is similar to Berserk where you allow your opponent to touch you freely (with either electric pulse as in the e pulse example saying it is allowed; or a sword in normal cases) in order to also make a non-FTF attack on him.

why the distinction ? i understand in active turn, only the leader rolls (with extra Burst); but in ARO they can each ARO with their own skill (declaring the same skill of course), it work with BS ARO why not with CC ARO ?

Other friendly troopers engaged in that CC, who are not members of his Fireteam don't provide any bonus to the Team Leader.

It's mandatory and not optional.

1 minute ago, Commoner1 said:
Other friendly troopers engaged in that CC, who are not members of his Fireteam don't provide any bonus to the Team Leader.

Oh interesting i always thought it was active only (on the basis of CC working the same as BS, but using bonus found in cc bonus chart). 

18 minutes ago, Commoner1 said:

so to get them into CC and break fireteam would be more optimal then, as each would get an ARO. Interesting.

4 hours ago, Keyrott said:

Correct.

3 hours ago, Recruit-3D said:

I disagree. It wont be immobilized because there is simply no face to face with the 2nd and 3rd Moderator and therefore electric pulse is rendered useless. "You have to touch the moderator to get shocked." 

The Normal success still has to be face to face. The effect only triggers once the opponent fails: 

• If the opponent fails the Face to Face Roll against the automatic result of 7, he will be in the Immobilized-2 state for 2 Turns (The effect cancels automatically at the end of the next Player Turn), placing the corresponding IMM-2 Marker.

As Keyrott already mentioned, the Berserk example specifically covers Electric Pulse in a Normal Roll, And yes, it would have been better if Normal Rolls were mentioned in the Skill Box. :( 

Electric Pulse and Berserk CC Special Skill example:

A wild 45th Highlander Rifle declares a Berserk Attack against an enemy Remote with Electric Pulse.
As this CC Special Skill turns the usual CC Face to Face Roll into two CC Normal Rolls, the Remote automatically succeeds in its CC Normal Roll. The 45th Highlander will probably succeed in his CC Normal Roll but he will automatically enter the Immobilized-2 state at the end of the Order.

So it is a normal roll, that hits. But that doesn´t conclude that the immobilized state will be entered. The Opponent still has to fail the F2F for it to happen. 

14 hours ago, IJW Wartrader said:

The 45th Highlander will probably succeed in his CC Normal Roll but he will automatically enter the Immobilized-2 state at the end of the Order.

You could all Pulse, but only the attacked models pulse would work/count. 

You are better off all attacking, as the possibility of hitting is better, unless it is a level 5 Martial Artist. Then just pulse in fear and hope your opponent wiffs the roll.

Just to clear it

3 Moderators (non Fireteam) vs Oniwaban.

3 Moderators declare CC Attack w/Electric Pulse. Oniwaban attacks one one of them. FtF 1vs1 and, despite of the result of this, the Oniwaban gets zapped and is IMM-2 for 2 turns.

Just to clear it

3 Moderators (non Fireteam) vs Oniwaban.

3 Moderators declare CC Attack w/Electric Pulse. Oniwaban attacks one one of them. FtF 1vs1 and, despite of the result of this, the Oniwaban gets zapped and is IMM-2 for 2 turns.

Yes.

Wow, Moderators just got a lot more interesting in my eyes.

Multiple Zondbots are easier.

1 hour ago, inane.imp said:
6 hours ago, Savnock said:

Multiple Zondbots are easier.

A moderator fireteam can all move into CC in a single order (if the positioning allows it) whereas only one servant can be activated per order.

Personally, I like the idea of a gang of moderators running around the map, stun sticking everyone (and losing FtF rolls) and leaving immobilized troopers around for something else to dispatch later.

Remember that in a Fireteam ONLY THE TEAMLEADER will fight in CC, both in active and reactive turn. All of the other models simply support.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:05 AM, Tox said:

Remember that in a Fireteam ONLY THE TEAMLEADER will fight in CC, both in active and reactive turn. All of the other models simply support.

yes but you can remove a model of the fireteam by having him doing a different ARO than the fireteam.

Imagine the 3 moderator in CC, two not (and all in FT). The "official" fireteam ARO is dodge, the 3 moderators in CC declare CC as an ARO and leave the fireteam => you get 3 separated electric pulses

Almost. The Fireteam ARO is the one declared by the majority, so in that case it would be the two Dodging troopers that left the Fireteam.

9 minutes ago, arkhos94 said:

yes but you can remove a model of the fireteam by having him doing a different ARO than the fireteam.

Imagine the 3 moderator in CC, two not (and all in FT). The "official" fireteam ARO is dodge, the 3 moderators in CC declare CC as an ARO and leave the fireteam => you get 3 separated electric pulses

The official Fireteam's ARO (http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Fireteams_in_the_Reactive_Turn) is the majority decision (make sure the team leader isn't part of the minority!). They also can't declare CC Attack (i.e. Electric Pulse) until after they are out of the Fireteam unless they are Fireteam Leader, so you'd have to cancel the entire Fireteam before declaring Electric Pulse with them.