Arloid

Unusual profiles that seem to find a place in your lists

98 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Barakiel said:

Yeah, I like doing this. Especially when you don't have to hug cover, but can stand in the open very far back from your opponent to manipulate the range, then dig the foxhole to gain cover/Mimetism as well as LoF to gunfight in the next Order. It's hard for opponents to recognize threats that are initiated without terrain, since everyone naturally hugs cover when they fight. 

Sometimes I feel that sapper should have some downside like -3 to dodge or whatever (it's rather hard to dodge in your trench when someone tosses grenade inside...)....

On 30-11-2017 at 10:43 AM, Eciu said:

Yea, that's why only solution for MO seems to be linked HMG ^^ ("only" linkable HMG). 

Don't forget Indigo Brother Konstantinos, he actually has some decent odds if you manage to get within 16 and you have first turn.

Indigo Brother Konstantinos - Combi Rifle vs. Reverend Moiras - MULTI Sniper Rifle (Anti-Materiel Mode)

Active Player

41.00% Indigo Brother Konstantinos inflicts 1 or more wounds on Reverend Moiras (Unconscious)
8.67% Indigo Brother Konstantinos inflicts 2 or more wounds on Reverend Moiras (Dead)

Failures

39.83% Neither player succeeds

Reactive Player

19.17% Reverend Moiras inflicts 1 or more wounds on Indigo Brother Konstantinos (Unconscious)
9.09% Reverend Moiras inflicts 2 or more wounds on Indigo Brother Konstantinos (Dead)

7 hours ago, Eciu said:

Sometimes I feel that sapper should have some downside like -3 to dodge or whatever (it's rather hard to dodge in your trench when someone tosses grenade inside...)....

It's called a grenade sump, it's about one shovel wide, 18-24" deeper than the floor of your foxhole, and the entire length of one side of your foxhole.  Grenade rolls into foxhole, kick it towards the grenade sump and hunker down in the opposite corner.  Directs the blast upwards instead of outwards.

3 hours ago, Section 9 said:

It's called a grenade sump, it's about one shovel wide, 18-24" deeper than the floor of your foxhole, and the entire length of one side of your foxhole.  Grenade rolls into foxhole, kick it towards the grenade sump and hunker down in the opposite corner.  Directs the blast upwards instead of outwards.

How long does such a foxhole take to make on the second floor of a concrete building? Sapper is such a weird skill.

3 hours ago, Mahtamori said:

How long does such a foxhole take to make on the second floor of a concrete building? Sapper is such a weird skill.

You know, nanobots etc. :P

On 12/1/2017 at 11:36 PM, Mahtamori said:

Maxim 44:  If it will blow a hole in the ground, it will double as an entrenching tool. :evil:

Is this the limit of our suspension of disbelief? Unrealistic hole digging?

I don't think it's unrealistic, just not the right method for the job. Honestly if you want to dig a hole in concrete in a hurry you want a directional charge explosive. However beyond making a grenade sump there is no reason, mainly because concrete roofs aren't thick enough to make a hole big enough for a grown man to sit in without him plumbing down to the next floor.

You can see from the models that infinity sappers carry tactical dirt and rubble with them at all times 😁

Oddly enough the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre don't seem to be used much. You can play a lot of mind games with this unit. Sure, cheaper units like the Kanren are more ideal for this but the Sepulchre is still a good unit.

You can build a list with a lot of hidden deployment and nothing but remotes and fusiliers in your DZ. Oops, that Fusilier is actually a Sepulchre. This works great if you've played the Cutter before. Are you hiding a Cutter or just some croc men and a Sepulchre? Is that really a Nisse Sniper guarding that area, stopping me from using smoke?

These knights make for great hidden rambo units. Who is going to guard a flank from some fusilier cheerleaders? Also, because of the holoecho state, they can make use of surprise attack, making them rather deadly in CC. One of the few Pano units actually decent in CC.

Remember, elite holy knights have no honor. lol

6 hours ago, Death said:

Oddly enough the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre don't seem to be used much. You can play a lot of mind games with this unit. Sure, cheaper units like the Kanren are more ideal for this but the Sepulchre is still a good unit.

Pffffff, you know the change which had had happened to Holo2 in HSN3 ? On a start of your active turn you have to tell opponent that you have holo2 (place marker in b2b with one of holoechos). 

6 hours ago, Death said:

Oops, that Fusilier is actually a Sepulchre.

Yea, and you have 3 unlinked fusiliers in 8'' for no reason ? 

The only thing which goes for KotHS is that he is so rarely used that some people forgot that he even exist (and that MO can actually have Holo2). 

Holoprojector level 1 doesn't use holoechos. Thats Holoprojector level 2 your thinking about. If it did, that would destroy the whole purpose of the Haqqislam Hafza.

Or is Holoprojector the only skill in the game that prevents you from using the lower level versions of the skill?

18 minutes ago, Eciu said:

Pffffff, you know the change which had had happened to Holo2 in HSN3 ? On a start of your active turn you have to tell opponent that you have holo2 (place marker in b2b with one of holoechos).

I mean, yeah. But whereas I feel some other armies can still have a decent benefit out of Holo2 for Turn 0, I'm not sure if it's a huge deal for PanO.

2 hours ago, Death said:

Holoprojector level 1 doesn't use holoechos. Thats Holoprojector level 2 your thinking about. If it did, that would destroy the whole purpose of the Haqqislam Hafza.

Or is Holoprojector the only skill in the game that prevents you from using the lower level versions of the skill?

I explicitly wrote about Holo2. Using only Holo1 is obviously vialable but again, you are willingly downgrading plus losing an order if you want to go kill something with KotHS. 

Sepulchre is a good way of keeping Joan safer* from Hassassinations. Considering how potent Sforza can be (and how hard he can be to masquerade), I think the only real crime is that Sepulchre, who are basically Sforza stuck into a powered armour, has normal combis, but the Spitfire should be interesting, if only to exploit the combat properties of Holo2.

* She's competent enough to offer good enough melee defence, but further diluting Imp-2 assassins' reach might be useful.

22 minutes ago, Mahtamori said:

Sepulchre is a good way of keeping Joan safer* from Hassassinations. Considering how potent Sforza can be (and how hard he can be to masquerade), I think the only real crime is that Sepulchre, who are basically Sforza stuck into a powered armour, has normal combis, but the Spitfire should be interesting, if only to exploit the combat properties of Holo2.

* She's competent enough to offer good enough melee defence, but further diluting Imp-2 assassins' reach might be useful.

I think that Joan shouldn't be afraid of Fidays at all (she really shouldn't take more than 2 wounds). 
Speculo is again a problem but it's usuall monofilament roullete.
Al Djabel has a marginal advantage over Joan after first attack (obviously suprise attack is big advantage). 

I think that Joan is good defense on herself (as usually Haqq/CA players won't go for this high risk/high reward play), and investing another 56 pts in her defence (just for defence sake) is kinda overkill and list gimping. 

And I miss time in MO when you could take 5 Joans plus 5 man HI link team ;(

Stick the Sepulchre down as 3 echoes with two body-blocking access to Joan if you're going second.

Naturally, this is doable with Fusiliers or Auxbots as well, meaning it might be a more viable tactic for Limited Insertion or solo-group.

Just use Holo2, the only thing you should hide is profile, which isn't useful here. Use Holo2 to make turn 1 assassinations more difficult, to clear deployables, and to get up to 3 free surprise shots.

2 hours ago, Mahtamori said:

Stick the Sepulchre down as 3 echoes with two body-blocking access to Joan if you're going second.

And eat double shotgun with -3 to dodge ? No thank you. 

2 hours ago, Loricus said:

Just use Holo2, the only thing you should hide is profile

Which is zero value added as only vialable profile is spitfire (srsly who want's to pay 51 pts for plain combi with nothing more added) ?

2 minutes ago, Eciu said:

And eat double shotgun with -3 to dodge ? No thank you.

...or shoot back? Would you rather take your chance on using CC at -6 against a Mono/Viral CCW?

Body-blocking is very effective versus IMPs and echoes make it so that you basically don't have to sacrifice any orders if they decide to fight free. Though, again, Auxbots (particularly the unwanted one that Seraph comes with) are probably more effective at it.

I thought you were able to choose what state of holo projector you were using from the start of the game? In the same way you could choose to use camo lvl 2 instead of TO camo from the start of the game or pick AD lv 2 instead of AD lv 3.

So you could start the game in holo projector 1 without spending any orders.

1 hour ago, Death said:

I thought you were able to choose what state of holo projector you were using from the start of the game? In the same way you could choose to use camo lvl 2 instead of TO camo from the start of the game or pick AD lv 2 instead of AD lv 3.

So you could start the game in holo projector 1 witout spending any orders.

Yes you can. You have all levels.