Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Varsovian

Assembling the silhoutte markers

6 posts in this topic

I have a quick question, if I may ask:

How to assemble the MAS transparent silhoutte markers? I have all of them and, while some of them hold just fine after sticking the vertical markers into the bases, others obviously need some glueing. My question is: which glue would it be best to use? The markers are made of transparent plastic and I know that transparent plastic can get foggy if glued with CA glue. So, what other glue to use? Would a "white" / PVA universal glue be okay, or do I need to get something more unusual?

I used "normal" Elmer's glue and it works fine.  I did need to use some of the cardstock that came with the package as shims for the largest markers, but the others are holding great with just the glue.

EDIT: erm, maybe ignore that.  I was thinking of Warsenal, though it is probably the same idea.

I'd go for PVA. 

I got a speciality modeller's glue for transparent parts (Revell Contacta Special, if memory serves me), but apart from being arm-and-leg expensive, it didn't perform any better than PVA.

1 hour ago, Varsovian said:

PVA glue... Hm. Is Wikol a PVA glue?

Basically, yes.

There are many variants of Wikol (or knockoffs of it), usually of different density (I do use "klej introligatorski" -  "bookbinder's glue" - which is very thin Wikol variant - pretty extensively, when working with cardboard and paper terrain. Mine is Technicoll brand, I buy it at my local Castorama :P), but whenever English-language text speaks of PVA glue, you can safely assume it is Wikol or whatever the brand name will be. 

Aha!

OK, thanks :) I got myself some PVA glue, I'll try assembling the silhouttes today.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0