Koni

[Corvus Belli New Forum]

110 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Sabin76 said:

Got registered without a hitch here.

I'm still having difficulties and it has nothing to do with the info I'm putting in. The system just doesn't want to go forward after I typed my account's information & clicked the enter button. It is like the button itself is broken or not responding. Maybe Corvus' system itself is not responding to my log-in request?

Update: I managed to get CB's site to access my account but when I try to register into the Corvus Belli forum it keeps saying "Corvus Belli Community Forum - Error" when I submit my account's info. Punched through one brick wall only to be met by another.

I do not appreciate the new scructure of subforums (General, Game, Human Sphere) being hidden so I have to click each and every one to see new stuff in all the subsections instead of getting it at a glance. It's a lot of hassle to use the new forum.

6 hours ago, Kanluwen said:

Pass.

We need you like the progressives need bigots, Kanluwen.  Don't leave now when there's a whole new crop of fanboys to bushwhack!

5 minutes ago, Dasaan said:

We need you like the progressives need bigots, Kanluwen.

Nah, I could totally function without him. He can be entertaining though.

The new forum really needs to link to where you register an account, rather than people having to come to this thread :\  The language change feature should be a little more obvious too.  I assumed it would exist and hunted around until I found a likely candidate, which turned out to be a lucky guess.  Other people may not bother, which potentially turns away new fans.

More importantly (to me), I have been trying to register at (http://profile.corvusbelli.com/register), but it keeps failing for me.  I get ERROR.Networking Error.

10 minutes ago, Pierzasty said:

Nah, I could totally function without him. He can be entertaining though.

And that's all I ever strode to be. Entertainment for Pierzasty.

:P

Hopefully it becomes mandatory that a month's news thread is on-topic and the "updated OP" method becomes mandatory. I'll miss some of you guys and your shenanigans though. Hit me up on Dakka if you'd like to chat.

4 hours ago, sarf said:

If we lost it, we`ll fall into a pit of stupid and uncertain questions.

That pit is already filled with Special Smoke Dodge.

Here's to Infinity as a franchise! Give us a shooter game!

edit: whatever happens please keep "Me Gusta" as the like for english as well.

I'm not a fan of the new forum's layout, whoever has designed that should get spanked.

1 hour ago, Elric of Grans said:

More importantly (to me), I have been trying to register at (http://profile.corvusbelli.com/register), but it keeps failing for me.  I get ERROR.Networking Error.

This.

1 hour ago, Danger Rose said:

I just registered without problems.

Well I'm glad to hear it. Some of us though are still having problems at the moment. I hope CB fixes the bugs/errors and makes the process of transferring to thre new server an easy unproblematic one.

1 hour ago, Kanluwen said:

Hit me up on Dakka if you'd like to chat.

I'll do so. Time to use that account I created on there a long time ago.

I also suggest we all raid any pictures from old threads who's users are far gone. All that work will be lost forever and it would be a shame for that to happen. So many works of art that will be lost to the void of cyberspace. Don't forget to grab nay banners you guys & gals like and save them to your cpu so you cna use them in the new forum.

22 minutes ago, Golem2God said:

I also suggest we all raid any pictures from old threads who's users are far gone. All that work will be lost forever and it would be a shame for that to happen. So many works of art that will be lost to the void of cyberspace. Don't forget to grab nay banners you guys & gals like and save them to your cpu so you cna use them in the new forum.

So true. I have been like a year and a half in this forum and I still find old threads (specially in miniature sub forum) that are full of useful information that also go with tons of pictures, it would be a shame to lose them all.

So there need to be some volunteers that each one of them will have the responsibility of archiving a specific sub forum on their pc and repost the useful post on the new forum or at least upload them on a google drive or something.

Yeah it's not that practical to see if there are replies in your faction's subsection, or things like that. The rest should do.

Mostly, it means we have till the beginning of january to duplicate everything we want to keep ? Hmmm... Who's up for 316 pages of W Tee eff ?

Hahahahahaha. You join everything, including the shop... and the page to create a new account works over HTTP? It must redirect to HTTPS and do nothing other than that over HTTP.

Also, it seems the email or nick already exists... how is that? People stealing accounts already? Old old old (so old I forgot I used that email) shop data migrated? Exact text is "The nick or the email already exists. Please try again." so I have to figure which one.

The "I forgot my password" in http://profile.corvusbelli.com/register does not look clickable, just other plain text to read. Consistency in UIs, FFS.

And now the page says "The email or password is incorrect or your account is not validated." so how do I check if Mob of Blondes has been taken over? New request says "Attempt limit exceeded, please try after some time.". How long?

BTW, you should keep the old forums read only for ever. Make a damn static copy or something like that if you want to get rid of the DB.

OK, changed email and nick... waiting for verication code. I hope the mess can be cleaned later.

Edit: of course, more errors. You login after typing the verification code... and then have to register for the forum again. And then it fails. But then it works. Total cluster fuck.

Edit2: and it seems I can not edit the email in https://profile.corvusbelli.com/me/data:facepalm:

Edit3: and now the first data I tried works? No, of course not, it sent a verification code to the first email address but that then goes to the account created with the second.

What a mess of hops, URLs, captchas, cookies... aarrgh.

1 hour ago, Mob of Blondes said:

Hahahahahaha. You join everything, including the shop... and the page to create a new account works over HTTP? It must redirect to HTTPS and do nothing other than that over HTTP.

Also, it seems the email or nick already exists... how is that? People stealing accounts already? Old old old (so old I forgot I used that email) shop data migrated? Exact text is "The nick or the email already exists. Please try again." so I have to figure which one.

The "I forgot my password" in http://profile.corvusbelli.com/register does not look clickable, just other plain text to read. Consistency in UIs, FFS.

And now the page says "The email or password is incorrect or your account is not validated." so how do I check if Mob of Blondes has been taken over? New request says "Attempt limit exceeded, please try after some time.". How long?

BTW, you should keep the old forums read only for ever. Make a damn static copy or something like that if you want to get rid of the DB.

OK, changed email and nick... waiting for verication code. I hope the mess can be cleaned later.

Edit: of course, more errors. You login after typing the verification code... and then have to register for the forum again. And then it fails. But then it works. Total cluster fuck.

Edit2: and it seems I can not edit the email in https://profile.corvusbelli.com/me/data:facepalm:

Edit3: and now the first data I tried works? No, of course not, it sent a verification code to the first email address but that then goes to the account created with the second.

What a mess of hops, URLs, captchas, cookies... aarrgh.

Seems like I just got a taste of what you're going through right now. I really hope CB fixes this mess quickly before the deadline looms over us.

8 hours ago, Pierzasty said:

The real question is, do we transplant the tarrasque to the new forum?

Fucking hell no, it's dead let it rest in peace.  Or is that rest in pieces?

Hasn't popped back up in like 3 years, let's leave it that way.

I'm optimistic. But I wonder why the change. Anyways I managed to get in without a hitch. But attaching fullsized images is really scewy. Sometimes it shows up, and sometimes it's just the text for the image - [imagename].jpg. And refreshing the page changes the images/texts around, so you'll never know which will be up lol. Eventually, I just linked it back to the source.

9 hours ago, Mothman said:

also hey atleast bluetablepainting didnt make it across, though will miss that thread

It's like a stain has been removed. A dream come true

12 hours ago, Section 9 said:

It gave me an error trying to login after resetting my CB password:

And can we please get some English-language support on the major forum buttons and screens?  Me no habla Espanol.

Ditto for Terms & Conditions. I'm trying to register - but if I have no bloody idea what I'm agreeing for, then it is no deal.

I'll migrate the Tarasque.  We are speaking of the Beast of Tarascon,  Vrai?  I don't suppose the Tarasconiens will mind.  However, if you are speaking of a certain thread, that thing can go straight down the memory hole.  For those who want that sort of thing, head on over to https://forum.rpg.net/.  (Not  joking.)

7 hours ago, Dasaan said:

We need you like the progressives need bigots, Kanluwen.  Don't leave now when there's a whole new crop of fanboys to bushwhack!

"Progressives" are bigots, these days.  Or maybe fascists.  :huh:  When Kan, our current Master Troll, is not around... hmmm, Camparán a sus anchas-- to use the Spanish expression. So too will the *iN crowd*.  I cannot do a proper job of trolling since  I'm a mere Journeyman Troll.  Granted,  I did learn the trade from the Grandmaster Troll, Dan Lyons, he of the Secret Diary of Steve Jobs -- A veritable tour de force of trolling. Start at the beginning.  Ignore the crap from Lastangelman and Brinke that shows up near the end.  

Todd is a Master Troll, but he has been scarce around here, from what I've seen.  ¡Vuelve, Todd!

A serious question:  What of the secret Warcor forum?  Will that still be around?  (and not so serious: can we restrict Warcors to posting in that forum and only that forum?  I vote 'yes'.)

Y'know, the Data Sphere • Index page  is a perfectly good forum. 

Boo!

Those of us heavily invested in the art sub forums will have our work cut out migrating our content.

And I just recently cracked a thousand internet dollars (rep), too.  On a ridiculously low postcount ratio, no less.  How am I supposed to wave my ePeen in peoples' faces when you emasculate us like this?

1 hour ago, Vyo said:

Boo!

Those of us heavily invested in the art sub forums will have our work cut out migrating our content.

And I just recently cracked a thousand internet dollars (rep), too.  On a ridiculously low postcount ratio, no less.  How am I supposed to wave my ePeen in peoples' faces when you emasculate us like this?

Some of us toil away, posting nearly every day and taking sides in arguments, and lazy people like you come along and make a killing by simply creating actual content smh.

Can someone explain to me how you upload an Avatar on the new forum?
Apparently, I'm too dumb to find it by myself...

4 minutes ago, Volgo said:

Can someone explain to me how you upload an Avatar on the new forum?
Apparently, I'm too dumb to find it by myself...

You go to your profile, then click on the avatar, then upload a file from your local computer/phone as it doesn't seem to allow you to take it from an url. It has a max size limitation, so be aware of this.