Koni

[Corvus Belli New Forum]

110 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jherazob said:

You go to your profile, then click on the avatar, then upload a file from your local computer/phone as it doesn't seem to allow you to take it from an url. It has a max size limitation, so be aware of this.

Ok, thank you!
When I click on the avatar, I have an error message, so maybe I'm not that dumb... :P
Am I the only one?

Koni solved it! Thanks again, that was fast!

Edited by Volgo
Solved

Well I hate the new forum already
23897578_10154852135646783_508380139_n.p

Goodbye terrible infinity-themed trainspotting parody sig

I tried to sign up/log into the new forums. I get this message last night and this morning:

A server error occurred. Please try again later.

I like the new forum, might wish i could "deactivate" the Spanish forums so it is less cluttered but I can live with just minimizing them.

I do think the background should be something darker though.

Had problems making an account at first with errors but it seems like a Ctrl+F5 updated something and let me login with my old.

I think the forum lacks general disscusion sub-section.

And honestly - I find having spanish-speaking sub-sections above english one's a bit weird. Surely english speaking community is much, much bigger than spanish one?

Oh good grief!  Just learn Spanish. You learned the Infinity rules.  Learning Spanish is much easier.  (Not kidding)  It's the vocabulary and some of the idiomatic expressions that take a while.

Click the plus sign in the forum header to collapse the forum display.  Now the Forum display is just an easily overlookable bar.  :) The problem will come in the bilingual forums of the Fan Zone.  Fan Zone?!  No, It is Fussion. The Artistic Channel.   C'mon Koni.  Fix that.  Por Favor.  At least restore the old forum names. 

Changing the theme from Corvus Belli Style ( the default) to Infinity Style stopped my eyes from bleeding.  Y'all might want to try changing the theme too.   Button is at the bottom left of the page, next to the default language button.

10 minutes ago, Red Harvest said:

Oh good grief!  Just learn Spanish. You learned the Infinity rules.  Learning Spanish is much easier.  (Not kidding)  It's the vocabulary and some of the idiomatic expressions that take a while.

Click the plus sign in the forum header to collapse the forum display.  Now the Forum display is just an easily overlookable bar.  :) The problem will come in the bilingual forums of the Fan Zone.  Fan Zone?!  No, It is Fussion. The Artistic Channel.   C'mon Koni.  Fix that.  Por Favor.  At least restore the old forum names. 

Changing the theme from Corvus Belli Style ( the default) to Infinity Style stopped my eyes from bleeding.  Y'all might want to try changing the theme too.   Button is at the bottom left of the page, next to the default language button.

Could also try not having an eye-bleeding forum layout to start with...:blush:

Just and FYI there is a dark theme.  At the bottom next to the language select is a theme select.  Selecting the Infinity theme will turn the forum black with orange for sections.

I see the reasons for CB doing this, but setting up a forum is alway a kick to the.... atleast it feels to me like that. Having to leave "home" and coming to that unfamiliar, optical not really convincing place makes things not better...

I feel cheated.

End of emotional rant.

As always, in 10 years noone will care anymore.

3 hours ago, Red Harvest said:

Change? No! Dance! Try the preference pages (Infinity Style there is as going blind, grey on grey)... so you will dance from one theme to another depending which page you are reading.

Time to start CSS tweaks like for this forum. First some fonts and getting rid of the stupid blink blink circle for status.

BTW "Your email cannot be changed while your account does not have a password." It has a password. What the forum lacked is testers (people with account there since April is a different thing :P ) as it seems the bugs and silly things are poping out now.

4 hours ago, Red Harvest said:

What does learning spanish has to do with... Well anything I sincerely don't know.

Theme button wasn't there yesterday either. 

12 minutes ago, Niebieskooki said:

Yep. Things are appearing... speaking of... where is the "report post" thing?

It works!! It finally worked!! I'm registered in the new server!!

Just wanted to encourage those of you who are still having trouble to keep trying. You will eventually succeed in getting through. Even get some member of CB's staff to help you out ahead of the January 8 deadline.

2 hours ago, Niebieskooki said:

Koni added it today.

14 hours ago, Mob of Blondes said:

Time to start CSS tweaks like for this forum. First some fonts and getting rid of the stupid blink blink circle for status.

If i start doing this, I'll slide into a deep dark hole that ends in a 80x25 text terminal in 16 colors.

On 11/24/2017 at 5:44 PM, Niebieskooki said:

And honestly - I find having spanish-speaking sub-sections above english one's a bit weird. Surely english speaking community is much, much bigger than spanish one?

I like that the Spanish and English communities now see each other on the landing page, rather than going to totally different forums. I'm into it. And the company is Spanish, as are many of their longest-running players. Anglophones can deal with another 3 centimeters of scrolling.

Y tambien, es una oportunidad por practicar su español. Si ustead no habla la lengua ahora, es facil por aprender y aya usted tiene accesso a la media-parte del mundo que hablalo.

On 11/23/2017 at 6:36 PM, sarf said:

That`s number one for me, Rules of Engagement is the biggest and only source of right answers. If we lost it, we`ll fall into a pit of stupid and uncertain questions.

Here's another voice added to this: Please, please preserve the old rules subforum in read-only for as long as N3 continues, @HellLois y compania. We need it as a reference. All the other forums could go, but we really need to be able to refer to the old threads from that one.

Also, @sarf you are AWESOME for porting the conversion thread over into the new forum. That's some very valuable stuff you are saving. Thank you.

Will it have moderators? And will they moderate? That’s all the forums ever needed. 

New question/problem: I can`t edit name of topic I`ve started. I want to keep topic progress in name and when it will be done change name to permanent one.

Im there! not forgiving this but lets encourage the use of the other forum! 

#DEUSVULT over there! 

Si, si, ya sabemos que allí estás, Luisjoey El Caballero Despiadado.  Tu avatar me dio un ataque de epilepsia.  ¿Por qué intentas matarme?  

Forum-folks need to go through the grieving process.   The forum they know is "dying".  They remain here because they are in the denial phase.  Next up will be anger.  They'll move over eventually.  Give them time.

It appears that one cannot change forum name or contact email for the 'Unified' CB account.  Hmmm.  What will everyone do for Bostria day if they cannot alter their forum name in homage? 

Hey, you know how our emotes have crap BBCode because someone included the artist's name in it? Look at the new forum. Someone had the bright idea of giving the Aristeia emotes single-character names. Hard to remember, doesn't help that much with typing anyway, takes place of the most important codes you could put in. WTF.

6 hours ago, Pierzasty said:

Hard to remember, doesn't help that much with typing anyway, takes place of the most important codes you could put in. WTF.

Maybe they minimized the codes? Maybe this is the emote equivalent of befunge coding language? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mob of Blondes said:

Maybe they minimized the codes? Maybe this is the emote equivalent of befunge coding language? :lol:

Of... what?