Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mustachio Furioso

Starting Tohaa - Which models are new?

6 posts in this topic

Hello folks!

I'm considering buying the 300 pts starter box for Tohaa, and painting my way through it. One of the things that annoyed me when I first got into Infinity and bought my Haqq, was that I got a starter box with a lot of old models, that promptly received new sculpts that didn't fit with the ones I have - at least not as well as I would like.

So, my question to you is this; which Tohaa minaitures should I stay away from? As in, which are the most likely to receive new sculpts?

Thanks, hope it isn't too dumb a question :)

Its tohaa, one thing you never need to worry about is old sculpts getting replaced. At a release rate of 2 models a year you are safe for a long time. 

2 hours ago, Mustachio Furioso said:

Hello folks!

I'm considering buying the 300 pts starter box for Tohaa, and painting my way through it. One of the things that annoyed me when I first got into Infinity and bought my Haqq, was that I got a starter box with a lot of old models, that promptly received new sculpts that didn't fit with the ones I have - at least not as well as I would like.

So, my question to you is this; which Tohaa minaitures should I stay away from? As in, which are the most likely to receive new sculpts?

Thanks, hope it isn't too dumb a question :)

All in Tohaa is new, the only resculpt we have is Neema Saatar and she hasn't arrived the stores yet.

There are no other resculpts in sight, as the next thing for Tohaa will probably be new models or profiles for their first Sectorial, or maybe Corvus Belli will just fill in some missing models in their lineup (Taqeul, Ectros Vulkan Shotgun, Clipsos Boarding Shotgun, Sakiel Rocket Launcher, Sukeul HMG...).

Tohaa were only introduced towards the end of second edition with the book Campaign: Paradiso, and whilst there have been some miniatures from around that time that received resculpts there aren't many. 

Most noticeably I think Tohaa are the only faction not to get any redesigned weapons so far. 

2 hours ago, Col said:

Most noticeably I think Tohaa are the only faction not to get any redesigned weapons so far. 

That's because Tohaa weapons look awesome.

They got bigger and more bulky after the 3D sculpting became the norm, but yes, they are the same. And they are cool.

The problem is the Light Rocket Launcher... Neema used to (supposedly) carry one, but we never saw it and CB changed her profile. And the Sakiel LRL is nowhere to be seen.

It's like a cursed weapon  :P