Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mournwhelk

Have I been using repeaters incorrectly?

Question

The rule for repeaters say hackers in the same army treat it as their zone of control and can react to enemy orders in it via AROs as if they were in the hackers' zone of control. 

This has lead to some situations in games where my opponent had been afraid to field hackers, tags, or hackable troops;  since if they spend an order within 8 inches of a repaeater I can respond with an ARO from every hacker in my army no matter where it is in the board.

Are we playing repeaters right?  Hackers can respond to any valid target as long as it spends an order within 8 inches of an allied repeater?

Edited by mournwhelk
Spelling

4 answers to this question

Yes you are using the, correctly.

This thread fully explains how hacking area works:

Also read the stickies thread on Hacking FAQs, it will show you some of the vulnerabilities of hackers (not least that if your opponent simply doesn’t take Hackable targets they’re less usefu than their points would suggest).

HI and TAGs with stealth can Move through your hacking area without provoking and ARO, this includes any with Martial Arts or Camouflage/TO.

Enemy KHDs can also use your repeaters to punk your hackers and ignore the Firewall.

You are doing it correctly. And as mentioned, it can go both ways. Enemy KHDs can use your own repeaters against you.

It's also worth noting that you can simply shoot enemy repeaters and destroy them.

10 hours ago, grey templar said:

You are doing it correctly. And as mentioned, it can go both ways. Enemy KHDs can use your own repeaters against you.

It's also worth noting that you can simply shoot enemy repeaters and destroy them.

And they're S1, something I keep forgetting! 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0