Kazak diplomatic dog

Unavailable miniatures replacement

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I'm preparing my Ariadna Kazaks roster for the February Satellite. And I had a question about replacing unavailable miniatures.

Can I replace a Tankhunter (AP rifle) with a Line Kazak (rifle)?

Can I replace the Kazak Spetsnaz (parachutist+rifle) with a Ariadnian Intel Spec-op (assembled with rifle and gas mask)?

Can I replace Line Kazak (sniper rifle) with non-CB miniature “converted” by attaching sniper rifle from Ariadnian Intel Spec-op?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Kazak diplomatic dog said:

Hi guys!

I'm preparing my Ariadna Kazaks roster for the February Satellite. And I had a question about replacing unavailable miniatures.

Can I replace a Tankhunter (AP rifle) with a Line Kazak (rifle)?

Can I replace the Kazak Spetsnaz (parachutist+rifle) with a Ariadnian Intel Spec-op (assembled with rifle and gas mask)?

Can I replace Line Kazak (sniper rifle) with non-CB miniature “converted” by attaching sniper rifle from Ariadnian Intel Spec-op?

Thanks!

1) Yes, but ideally I'd use a differentiated paint job and maybe find a helmeted head for him/her, you might also be able to find the old ADHL/APHMG double blister on ebay or similar.

2) Yes, in fact the Spec Op models were intended as a "catch-all" proxy.

3) Officially no, ITS rules require Corvus Belli models or conversions based on majority Corvus Belli parts. However you can ask the TO for a final answer.

23 hours ago, Col said:

1) Yes, but ideally I'd use a differentiated paint job and maybe find a helmeted head for him/her, you might also be able to find the old ADHL/APHMG double blister on ebay or similar.

2) Yes, in fact the Spec Op models were intended as a "catch-all" proxy.

3) Officially no, ITS rules require Corvus Belli models or conversions based on majority Corvus Belli parts. However you can ask the TO for a final answer.

Thanks for answer! Is it official CB position or your personal opinion?

I want to know, because one competent guy in our local club told me that I can replace miniature only with same type of miniature. Tankhunter (rifle) only with Tankhunter (HMG or Autocannon), Kazak Spetsnaz (parachutist+rifle) only with Kazak Spetsnaz (HMG, sniper or BS) and so on.

1 hour ago, Kazak diplomatic dog said:

Tankhunter (rifle) only with Tankhunter (HMG or Autocannon), Kazak Spetsnaz (parachutist+rifle) only with Kazak Spetsnaz (HMG, sniper or BS) and so on.

that is an opinion and is what i personally use (but never impose on others). i'd have a link of 5 moderator or riot and i'll say this one has that weapon that one has that weapon. For a long time I only had 1 sin-eater (the Mk12), sometime i would play him as HMG, sometime Spitfire, sometime Mk12.

another popular opinion, is to replace with a miniature of same troop type and weapon. (LI hmg for LI hmg, HI ML for HI ML). either within same faction or not.

I know having the exact weapon is not a strict requirement (based on models being produce with only secondary weapons).

The rule themselves, taken from ITS pdf, are as follow :

Each figure must represent faithfully the unit it stands
for, including its equipment and weapon options. Should
the appropriate miniature not be available on the Infinity
range, you can use a different Corvus Belli miniature as
a stand-in
, but you must inform your opponent unequiv-
ocally of what that figure represents.

@Kazak diplomatic dog as mentioned above the official ITS rules state you can use any other miniature, it doesn't have to be the same unit/type. If you check the description of the Specops in the online store it also says they're intended as proxys for missing models. 

Conversions are also fair game so the Line Kazak with a helmeted head and some extra bags/D-Charges modelled on would be 100% officially legal as a Tankhunter even if there was a currently available model. In fact I have a spare helmeted head from Statuesque Miniatures and some bags/pouches from a Bolt Action sprue, I might give that one a go myself! 

Here's my opinion:

"You should hold yourself to the highest standard of minimal proxy as you can manage but you should not impose your particular standard on other players."

Personally, I agree with the guy in your meta who suggests that if an existing 'chassis' for a model exists, you should use that where possible (ie weapon swaps) but I'm not going to call out other players in my meta who don't. It's just a game of war dollies.

These questions are probably best asked of the TO of the event you are attending. The ITS document has very specific rules for proxying, but many TOs make exceptions/bend rules for players with reasonable proxies.