Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Azohn

MSV Heavy Infantry

16 posts in this topic

I have no reason to believe that we would get one, but what if Nomads got a heavy infantry with lvl 2 or 3 of msv like the Aquila or the Hsien Warrior? So... 4-5 armor, probably 13 bs, access to hmg or at least a spitfire and maybe a missile launcher. No other special abilities or gear... Would you use it. Would you find preference in it over taking an intruder?

I feel like you've described a more expensive riot grrl.

Try the spitfire/bsg/combi haris, it is a lot of fun. Dirt cheap and able to tangle with anything but CC.

Sure I would use it but don't hold your breath :P

It seems very likely to me that Tunguska will get MSV2 somewhere (High tech sectorial). Both other Nomad sectorials have a "Bruiser" HI Analogue (in CJCs case it just takes the form of a light TAG) and a lighter, linkable HI. So it's definitely not out of the question.

High tech but so is Shasvastii.

I'll bet 3 good boy points that they don't get MSV2 on a weapon with longer than 24" range.

I could get very excited about a midfield camo-hunting S2 heavy infantry.  Basically take the Brigada, drop Courage, add MSV2, swap HMG for Spitfire, maybe add a nanopulser.  Unsure about points - maybe mid to high 40's?  Kriza would be unlinkable/duo heavy fire support and the S2 would be your midfield piece.  Maybe make it Haris link with some light infantry like Securitate a la Hsien. 

There's 2 major reasons this isn't likely, though. 

1. That exact role is already filled by Grenzer link in Tunguska.  An MSV2 HI would be redundant in the sectorial.

2. Grrls fill this role in vanilla, and would generally do it far better thanks to frenzy discount. Although having an HI who can shoot through smoke would offer an alternative to the ubiquitous Intruder. 

Long story short, probably won't happen.  But I would love if it did.  

Edited to add: my wish list for Kriza was ODD + Courage + Multiterrain + Repeater.  What we got wasn't that cool but still somewhere in the general vicinity.  I expected more Praxis tech and less direct shooting style.  So maybe they will try to add more tech somewhere else on a HI.  I do feel like Tunguska needs a S2 HI even though that hasn't been announced. 

1 hour ago, Vakarian said:

maybe add a nanopulser.

Unless they found Lupe's stash maybe a Chain-colt :P

9 hours ago, Loricus said:

Unless they found Lupe's stash maybe a Chain-colt :P

Ha, yea, a boy can dream right?

Considering the Rev Healers got nanopulsers and the Taskmasters got a full pulzar I'll keep my hopes alive for now. Chain colts are for the meteor heads, the money gets the newest bling! 

Well, if we get a new msv 2 or 3, I would pray for something cheaper than the intruder, not more expensive. And with shock inmunity if possible. Maybe a s2 troop but with structure, not wounds (but not a rem, like the chimera). Maybe the hollow men? Or one of the bodies of the zondnautica?  (Suposing zondnautica is a post-human like unit).

A infiltrating MSV1 with camo/Imp marker state will be fine, too.

Interesting concept.

I wonder if it would homogenize the various factions too much.  For example, the Aquila, Hsien and Charontid all exist.  They all have pretty similar capabilities, but have slight differences based on cost (Aquila's pretty bare bones, but gets high-tech MSV3... Hsien has the CC capability and utility stuff like Nanopulser that identify Yu Jing... Charontid gets the kitchen sink plus mnemonica because Combined Army.)  But they're all durable, top-shelf stat line MSV2+ troops.

If Nomads got a HI along similar lines, would this feel too same-y?  The Intruder, of course, is pretty unique in its combination of skills.  The Riot Grrrrls less iconic, but similarly very unique in the combination of MSV1, unique weapon loadouts, and that nice Frenzy discount.

In terms of needing more MSV2 platforms, I can see the argument there, though I think Nomads also have plenty of alternative options for dealing with hard-to-hit targets (lots of direct templates, lots of CC.)

I think the Kriza Borac would have been the most likely candidate for receiving MSV2.  His old concept art even hinted he'd be getting a Visor of some sort.  But I like that CB opted for giving Nomads a HI fire superiority platform that has a unique twist.  Very Nomad-esque.

The Kriza does fill a role that's basically absent in Nomads except for maybe the Szalamandra, and at a good points cost for the HMG.  

My wish listing that an S2 MSV2 HI for Tunguska be like the Hsien is a big part of why I don't actually think it will happen.  Nomads have already been stepping a little closer to other factions' heavy hitters, although I think Kriza and Taskmaster are still unique enough to not infringe on the higher-tech, mass-produced feel of PanO and Yu Jing.  

I'd be surprised but happy if we got an MSV2 cheaper than the Intruder.  If we were going to, though, why not on the Grenzer?

I can see the arguments for Hollow Men or Nautical Zonds getting one, however, and would be equally happy with that end result. 

To tell the truth I wouldnt mind the Kriza getting an MSV2 or something else to boost it a little, given how much it costs in comparison to a SWAST.

14 minutes ago, BloodRose said:

To tell the truth I wouldnt mind the Kriza getting an MSV2 or something else to boost it a little, given how much it costs in comparison to a SWAST.

Please trust me when I say that would not be healthy for the game.

On 08/12/2017 at 10:42 PM, Loricus said:

Please trust me when I say that would not be healthy for the game.

I know I know, but it would be fun (and give those TO/ODD players a right kick up the trousers :D )

Anyway, I still really want the Kriza to be BS 13 and/or gain a DTW, even with full auto it feels underequipped when compared too the Gecko and SWAST.

Kriza is BS 13, and I think hoping for more in Nomads is unlikely when Szally can't even hit BS 15.

Kriza feels underequipped but that allows it to be relatively low cost. Kriza abilities with Taskmaster equipment would make for a very bloated profile.  It's nice as Nomads to have the occasional direct/efficient gunfighting profile. 

If Kriza wasn't under-equipped he wouldn't be allowed to have Full Auto.