Niebieskooki

Dodge Smoke against multiple ARO's

Question

So basically I was wondering how should you deal with dodge smoking multiple aro's, from different angles.

"Unlike other Special Ammunition, Smoke can be used to avoid enemy Attacks, but only if those Attacks require LoF and a Roll, and their LoF is blocked by the Smoke Circular Template being placed.  "

Now, I assume, that if you lose LoF to one of your opponent due to natural cover it is enough to block LoF of remaining enemies by smoke.

On the other hand, opponent may raise a valid concern that aforementioned smoke does not block LoF of first enemy, ergo it does not fulfill "and their LoF is blocked by the Smoke Circular Template being placed" condition. But I feel like this interpretation would lead to certain models (like bikes with MOV 8-x) not being able to dodge smoke in certain conditions due to smoke template not being big enough to cover all of the points of their movement.

I also prepared professional visualisation to show off my exceptional compter skills.

SMOKE DODGE.png

A and B being enemies (with thin lines being their LoF's)

X being dodge smoking model

3 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, Niebieskooki said:

But I feel like this interpretation would lead to certain models (like bikes with MOV 8-x) not being able to dodge smoke in certain conditions due to smoke template not being big enough to cover all of the points of their movement.

And this is exactly the proper interpretation.

40 minutes ago, Niebieskooki said:

I also prepared professional visualisation to show off my exceptional compter skills.

SMOKE DODGE.png

I assume that green is using Smoke - the grey circle and green line is his movement trajectory. The bottom enemy can trace the LoF to a point of your movement trajectory not covered by smoke, so he will shoot unopposed.

As everything in the order is happening simultaneously, you can consider that moving trooper is present at once in every point of his movement trajectory and bottom enemy from your example won't lose LoF until next order.

3 hours ago, Niebieskooki said:

I also prepared professional visualisation to show off my exceptional compter skills

Good question; well asked, thank you... to say nothing of those smokin' hot graphics skillz ;)

(More than adequate for the situation; fear not!)

I'd upvote you, but we're all migrating to the new forums; come on over!

So as long as enemy A can chose a point where your active trooper is outside of smoke and visible to him you won't get a dodge against his ARO and he will be able to (probably shoot) attack you unopposed.

Smoke can result in dodge to several AROs but only those which will be totally blocked by smoke cloud during whole path when they had LoF to your active piece.