Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vakarian

Grenzer Links and AVA in TJC

10 posts in this topic

So the MSV2 HI topic got me thinking and excited about using Grenzer links when Tunguska finally gets here.  I'm really hoping Grenzers get at least AVA 6 because I'd love to be able to pop an expendable ML up for early AROs and then swap him for a BSG when the link moves forward.

Yea, MI are "slow."  Yea, Arm 3 is overpriced on 1W models.  Yea, MSV1 alone may not be worth the points.

But I want to put a 5-man link on the board that can throw BS22 BSG rounds around the midfield after his buddy has revealed all the hidden camo markers with Sensor. 

logo_501.png Nomads
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png10  
logo_2.pngGRENZER (Forward Observer, Sensor) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
logo_2.pngGRENZER (Forward Observer, Sensor) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
logo_2.pngGRENZER Missile Launcher / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
logo_2.pngGRENZER Spitfire / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
logo_2.pngGRENZER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
logo_2.pngGRENZER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
logo_11.pngSPEKTR Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 36)
logo_16.pngINTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
logo_16.pngINTERVENTOR Hacker (Killer Device Plus UPGRADE: Lightning) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_56.pngKRIZA BORAC HMG / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 54)

6 SWC | 296 Points

Open in Infinity Army

This isn't perfect and a hollow man might fit really well depending on how they come out.  As an "elite" Tunguska list this seems like a lot of fun, even if it wouldn't be my top choice for a competitive match.

What else are you guys excited to run when Tunguska gets here? 

Very excited to see what happens to Securitate. Otherwise it's mostly the Grenzer link for me too.

Yea, it's hard to figure exactly what Securitate's role will be until we see the rework.  I do hope for them to be a useful core link and would love to see Interventors integrate in the link.

But for now, excitement is on getting Grenzers on the table. 

I'm hoping that Interventors get the ability to join Grenzer / Securitae links.

Your link above, but dragging a WIP15 KHD with SSL2 around. Pure sex!

I remember trying 5man link one time, that was fun. I was lucky on rolls but overall they performed well.

Given what we have seen so far the chances are that Grenzer links (as overpriced as they might be) will be the core link for TJC. That said, if Securitate are buffed/made useable again then we might see them being another choice. And there are still unseen units so far.

There's usually (always?) more than one Core. Except Phalanx I guess.

Wouldn't Phalanx even count both Myrms and Thorakites?

But yea, I have a feeling Grenzers may end up being my preferred Tunguska link. 

11 minutes ago, Vakarian said:

Wouldn't Phalanx even count both Myrms and Thorakites?

Phalanx has no access to a Core technically. And effectively I guess, they can't get the 5th man.

Ah, yea, since they can only make it to 4.  I guess between their stats and abilities, and the faction specific Enomotarchos team, I consider that to be their "core."

In that sense, Tohaa can't get even one core either, but then they're technically a vanilla faction, even though they play like a sectorial.  Not to open that can of worms though... 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0