Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CannonFodder_mtl

Which are the best looking remotes - Looking for proxy recommendations

4 posts in this topic

Well, Which remotes do people consider the best looking?

I just ordered some models for my new Druze sectoral, and figure since its not a full faction I'm going to be a little selective on the models. I'm planning on proxying models, and choosing models I like over the models that are actually there. I want to focus on remotes heavily when playing, leveraging Evo hackers using Overclock.

• Peacemaker, I'm using the real models.
  • Pathfinder dronbot: I'm using Haqq Chicken walker remotes. I'm mostly doing this because I already have 1 set, and want to repaint them. I also need a total of 3. Leaving 1 in my Haqq colors, 3 as Druze. While in general I'm not a fan of the Chicken walkers, I think they actually work as 16 point light remotes. 
  • Clipper Dronbot: this is where I need help. I want an S3 profile that has a missile launcher. I'm tempted to use the Nomad Zonds, since it has a nice missile launcher sculpt. The Next best one is the PanO remote, but I don't really like the legs on it. 
  • Kameel: I was planning on repainting my existing Haqq ones. I only really use them for baggage in haqq. I can repaint the EVO one as Druze. Leave the other as Haqq. But If I have to get a box of remotes for a clipper I may repurpose the second remote in the clipper box as a Kameel. The only problem is that the Clipper is S3 while the Kameel is S4. Another options is to use a nomad LUNOKHOD SPUTNIKS. This way I get 2 Crazy Koallas to be my Nasmat proxies in the same blister.
  • The last 2 remote profiles in the druze sectoral are the Fugazi (baggage), and sierra (TR HMG) which I don't really care for in right now. 

Incase you curious about some other proxies

• Valerya Gromoz ==> Guijia pilot
  • Saito togan ==> Onwaban
  • Sec Cheif Arslan ==> KANREN COUNTERINSURGENCY GROUP (TBD)
  • Brawler --> ghulams for the time being

Well, you can always mix'n'match parts. 

Eg. get a Nomad SML from someone's bits box (anyone who build himself a full set of Zonds, i.e. 2 boxes, is likely to have a spare SML. I do, I wouldn't be sending you mine because it'd be going half the world around, if memory serves me).

A Clipper Dronbot is a little on the small size for a Baggage REM, true, but if you'd add some cargo boxes to the sides, and maybe a plasticard cargo platform (with supplies on it) in the rear, you should be able to bulk it up and have a converted, unique Baggage REM for your Druze.

I'd search fro some model set of 1:35 modern accessories. 1:48 is closer to our scale (roughly, 1:56, if memory serves me) but 1:35 boxes and jerry cans should do fine, while being way easier to find. Some ideas:

As for having these REMs made to fit your Druze sectorial - well, it is your call, but personally I wouldn't* be getting extra models / repainting my models to fit it. I mean, they're Mercenaries, they use a mish-mash of equipment (bought from whatever supplier / captured / found as battlefield wreckage and repaired). There's no reason why they wouldn't be having it in the colors they had for your other armies. After all, I do use (and intend to continue doing so) Nomad Zonds (Reaktion and Transductor) from my Corregidor army (and in Corregidor paintjob) as my 2nd Shihab and 3rd Fanous for my QK (just along Alguaciles, Iguana and Mobile Brigada). Anyone starts asking stupid questions, i'll tell them the Nomad contractors to QK brought in their own REMs :P

* collecting, painting and playing 3 sectorials (CJC, QK and HB, and having a good start into RTF now) I do not intend to start on the Druze in the foreseeable future. Even if,with my current QK/CJC/Vanilla collection I have the (old) Druze, Bashi Bazouks, two Hunzakuts, Scarface, Valeria Gromoz, a plethora of Nomad and Haqq REMs, and a host of Brawler proxies :P

I think our ideas of what a merchant force is are a little different. Your description is what I consider a guerilla force. Using what it can find/steal to make them stronger. Contract mercs are expensive and bring in high end toys. 

Professional security forces fight when paid to.

Or whatever they can buy form their arms merchant (remember, big governments tend to be picky about what they do sell. Esecially to non-national entities). 

Or even - which is IMO well represented in the Druze list - whatever they consider the best stuff available. Kameels are, therefore, likely to be (in their eyes) better than Salyuts. And Dronbots superior to "chickenbots"...

Alas, to everyone their own!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0