Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anthony

Facing in base to base

Question

If I move a doctor in b2b to use the doctor skill. Does my facing matter? I have just played a game where it was more efficient for the doctor to face the opposite direction from the treated unit.

2 answers to this question

I'd say it shouldn't matter.

When you're Active (and you have to be Active to perform Doctor), your LoS is effectively 360 degrees. So you can Doctor into whichever direction. not to mention you can't perform any non-Movement Short Skill together with Doctor (say, Doctor + Shoot is a no-no! But Doctor + Move is OK), so you can turn to whatever direction anyway in that Order.

In Reactive turn, you can't Doctor, so whatever part of your base is facing the patient, doesn't matter for the purposes of Doctoring anyway.

Now, the situation of BtB facing is a bit different if we're talking about Close Combat. Models in Camo / Impersonation Marker Status profit from jumping their targets from behind, when they can't be seen. So facing away from that kind of threat isn't a good idea. 

Also, while in CC, your facing no longer matters: you can get to your opponent, but have no LoS outside of a given melee.

It's even easier than that. Doctor doesn't require Line of Fire to target, because it never specifies it does. (Neither does CC Attack, btw)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0