Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CannonFodder_mtl

Druze LGL

Question

Does the druze LGL profile in the new sectoral have access to normal grenades?

The new druze sectoral profile sais "LGL (e/m and nimbus)" while in the Haqq vanilla faction it just said "LGL" and it's assumed it has normal grenades. While the muyib profiles in all sectorals specify "(normal and smoke)". The way the ammos are listed vary which may cause arguments.

Lastly the weapons filter on army5 (android) when filtered on LGL does not show the new Druze profile, but it does show under nimble LGL.

2 answers to this question

No, Normal ammo has to be specified if the LGL has multiple ammo types.

On 12/29/2017 at 3:07 AM, IJW Wartrader said:

No, Normal ammo has to be specified if the LGL has multiple ammo types.

Exactly. 

"Grenades" or "Light Grenade Launcher" means only normal rounds.  The Druze only get to shoot EM and Nimbus grenades, not normal grenades, in their sectorial.

Druze working for Haqq have normal grenades but no EM or Nimbus.

But I gotta admit I wish that you could carry multiple different LGL grenades as a normal thing.  Today, probably half the typical US Army grenadier's loadout is smoke for marking targets or blocking vision (though I admit that it used to be even higher smoke% when the team leader was carrying the M203).  You would not believe the variety of stuff you can shoot out of a 40mm grenade launcher these days.  Anything from basic boom, shaped charges to bust armor, buckshot/flechette, multiple different colors of smoke, illumination flares, riot control smoke, rubber bullets, a recon drone (camera under a parachute), and even a guided missile!  You'd need to do some bookkeeping for it, but that's not necessarily a problem in a 3-turn game.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0