Micro Art Studio

More new stuff from Micro Art Studio

616 posts in this topic

wow, guys. We didn't expect so warm welcome with those :)

What will the footprint of the building be?

The building is roughly 12x22 cm and is 18cm tall

One question are you planning on releasing a similarly thematic HDF terrain board?

a whole gaming board covered in HDF you mean? With hex pavements? We may try it. I'm not sure about the price though...

Man, are you kidding? These are awesome!!! I can't wait to get my hands on some...

Will the acrylics be a little more see through? I imagine them as clear save the images (sorta like a floating hologram).

I agree, really cool. Maybe now we have a decent excuse to start our city/space board

One question are you planning on releasing a similarly thematic HDF terrain board?

a whole gaming board covered in HDF you mean? With hex pavements? We may try it. I'm not sure about the price though...

Something akin to http://www.miniaturescenery.com/SeriesPage.asp?Code=BGND would be awesome. Nice and modular :)

Yes, it would be a great tie in with the buildings and the bases.

And could be a good base for more accessories tied in to the board.

Miniature scenery linked above has some good ideas, but I do not like how small their tiles are a bit bigger but still modular would be far better.

How about printed foil instead of HDF? Take a table, spray it grey/white/pinkifyoureallywantityoubiggirl and stick the hex-patterned foil over it...now I know MAS doesn't do in it really, but it'd be cheaper than 6x4 of lasercut wood...

I've seen clay hexagons being put on sale somewhere, as modelling / diorama making supplies. Lot of work putting it down, but could do...

I.e. if the size would fit...

Good question, for me it is because I do not have the space to have a 6x4 board around, actually I have in 3 parts and I would gladly throw it away because it looks ugly in the house and cannot do anything on it except paint it a colour because I have no dedicated space to store it, tiles on the other hand that are smaller and can support themselves are much more favourable to me at least and if they can interlock themselves so much better.

I have modified Topos mat to cover my big table its not 4x4 but Infinity plays well on a table of shorter but wider dimensions if players play longwise.

I love the suggestions above, if a complete board was available to be bought and shipped from Europe rather than Oz I'd buy in. As mentioned, I'd prefer some larger boards although thats not a big issue. Quite impressed by those boards.

one foot by one foot tiles would be nice, of course measuring a bit the 9x9 tiles fit inside the standard ikea storage box, so that is an unexpected bonus for them.

Edit

Disregard what I said in the previous post about bigger tiles the 9x9 looks impossibly intriguing for storage.

30cm is the biggest we can make currently. We'd have to check the price options...

EDIT : if you have ideas that we could use in products - let us know. As a thanks we'll send you a ready product and of course we can mention you as it's creator if you wish :)

that's funny stuff :) do you think there will be some market for it? Personally I'm not a big fan of such...

30cm is the biggest we can make currently. We'd have to check the price options...

EDIT : if you have ideas that we could use in products - let us know. As a thanks we'll send you a ready product and of course we can mention you as it's creator if you wish :)

Then 12x12" = 30,5x30,5cm.

9x9" = about 28x28cm.

Completely within your range.

Though I wonder if it would be the most cost-effective solution to make these as HDF. I wonder whether there wouldn't be a simpler and cheaper solution, like make floor sections as vacuformed plastic (like this ruined house), the way diorama elemnts are often made. IIRC it was pretty cheap and technically simple to make. It is also not very durable on its own, but I suppose I could, like, fill it with plaster or foam and mount it on a hard material (plastic or wood, or plywood), making it more durable.

Vacuformed elemnts have the flaw of looking good on one surface only, but thet's not a problem with floor tiles / boards...

erm 9"x9" is 22.86cm x 22.86cm (even more in MAS range ;) )

Plyywood might be better than HDF for weight/durability...

Personally I love those billboards, I like the resin wall sections and I love your cat walks. The building is also looking nice. Personally though I'd like there to be a bit more variance in the buildings you do, in terms of style and height. Being able to just buy a ready made board that had some architectural variance would I think really be key for many gamers.

Also you did some Infinity templates and I have them and I love them, they're really useful and far better than carrying around cut out card photo copies. I'd love to see you do a set of tokens for camo, wounds etc. to match up but also be able to buy multiple circular templates for placing as smoke grenade templates etc. on the board, because having just one isn't enough.

I'd also like to say keep up the good work and please continue to support this game we all love so much. :)

Ooo definitely the token sets!! wounds, various camos, prone, supressive fire... the lot :D

And with the Smoke templates, it's often easier to have a 1" marker and then use the template if anything goes through that gap. (As it's not often possible to leave a big template in the location - too much terrain in the way)

that's funny stuff :) do you think there will be some market for it? Personally I'm not a big fan of such...

I can say I'd buy one! :D I think if it's cool enough for sure. I'd rather see it in clear plastic though. With an etched Infinity logo. Also, Infinity is not the only game you could sell it for.

DiceBoot_f_385.jpg

The thing I like about them is that there are only up to about 5 dice used at a time in the game. A dice tower keeps all the dice in one spot and no worries about hitting figs, scenery, or getting lost off the table. They also tumble the dice well.

I like how this guy made his a part of the terrain!

DiceTowerPlatforms.jpg

You can possibly do a Poll to ask people here if they would buy such a thing.

I dunno about dice towers... Seems like they'd take the fun out of rolling dice.

More bases, more terrain, more accessories. I'll be ordering the buildings and billboards asap.

erm 9"x9" is 22.86cm x 22.86cm (even more in MAS range ;) )

True, my bad.

Went out of practice regarding on-the-fly Imperial-to-metric conversion :blush:

I do not like dice towers myself, never seen the point on them.

A table with 9x9 tiles would be great, providing some connection is given between tiles, how thick can the HDF tiles be? is how detailed the cut is added to the cost or relatively plain of detail cuts are cheaper? for example the base tiles could be almost blanc, a square with 4 cuts to place an insert when needed to secure the tile with the other tile and all the detail tiles to be glued over it, I could probably make some sketches if needed.

Tokens are in much demand, from day 1 of Infinity there has been discussion of tokens, base sized tokens with the official artwork engraved, or like you did with the advertisements a base sized cylinder with that colourful transparencies you did to be glued/ positioned over it should sell extremely well, also in demand are 3D camouflage counters, that is a semi transparent figure representing a trooper of each faction on a base, somethign a bit like this

3dtexturedtocounters.jpg

instructions.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality its somethign I did a few years ago to create on the fly some 3D camouflage counters for the players, but I hope you get my idea, one shape for each faction or one generic shape would be quite intresting.

Finally Infinity needs much "low level" cover, that is cover that models can be behind, but not hide behind, chest height barricades, trash cans, benches, fountains and so on these will have some demand too.

I hope you found some of the ideas intriguing.

Man, are you kidding? These are awesome!!! I can't wait to get my hands on some...

Will the acrylics be a little more see through? I imagine them as clear save the images (sorta like a floating hologram).

I wanted to give this a quick bump this to get an idea of the direction you're heading in for the advertisements. Will they be clear with images sorta like the acrylic hacker pieces, or will the inserts be more opaque?

re dice towers: I don't think I'd ever use one... They're cool, but infinity doesn't require too many dice and the tower would take up a lot of room I think.

Maybe they aren't for everyone then. I'd certainly buy one though. I hate my dice going all around stuff. The thing about dice towers thought they don't take up much room and you can even have it as part of terrain! Also it's meant for only a few dice like when playing D&D not tons of them like 40k.

Heroscape+Papercraft+Dice+Tower.jpg

Here's a few made from acrylic.

Chulhu-dice-tower-500__14529_zoom.jpg

This is a mini one.

http://miniaturebuildingauthority.com/prodimages/Direct/DIR-015-1_small.jpg