Micro Art Studio

More new stuff from Micro Art Studio

624 posts in this topic

A token set would be great, including smoke templates, camo, etc.

I really love what you guys have come out with lately. I can easily see buying several buildings and billboard sets to go with the catwalk set that I have already ordered.

I'd love to see some accessory kits for the buildings. Perhaps resin doors, with a kit to make them removable so you can have either open or closed. An mdf (or hdf) stairs kit would be really useful as well.

If you keep this up I'll be sending all of my spare cash to you guys. (I'm sure you won't mind, and neither will I!)

Seriously guys, keep up the good work. I'm really impressed with what you have shown us. How about some pictures of the new stuff all together?

These billboards are truly amazing and I will be all over them when they get released. I also absolutely love the MAS Tech and Urban bases and feel they are absolutely perfect for Infinity.

If you guys want ideas to make something, this is what I'd love to see. If you can make a multi-part model of this, and you'd be my personal heroes.

bladerunner-building.jpg

tyrell-corp2.jpg

Heh, Guges you read my mind. My desires for terrain are all HEAVILY influenced from Blade Runner.

But I'd love to see some of the street scenes recreated; the streetside restaurant at the beginning of the film, and all of the different LOS blocking bits of street terrain that you see throughout the movie.

that's a tone of ideas :) Thank you very much. We're currently working over the set of tokens.

Tell me please hoe would you like to see those? Several sets of tokens for different factions? Sets for particular units?

Smoke templates - we can make them :) Another thing we were thinking of.

EDIT:

several new shots of the buildings and how they work with catwalk

Zdj%C4%99cie0032.jpg

Zdj%C4%99cie0031.jpg

Zdj%C4%99cie0030.jpg

Regards

Jan

I like the idea of sets for different factions, or at least different coloured sets. This means that you and your opponent can have different coloured markers/tokens ;)

And something maybe not straight for Infinity but you may find it useful :)

F00023%20Barracks%20set%205.jpg

F00023%20Barracks%20set%204.jpg

F00023%20Barracks%20set%203.jpg

F00023%20Barracks%20set%202.jpg

F00023%20Barracks%20set%201.jpg

Soon in sale

and this one already is:

F00022_FTerrain_RadarStation_minis.jpg

F00022_FTerrain_RadarStation_03.jpg

F00022_FTerrain_RadarStation_02.jpg

F00022_FTerrain_RadarStation_01.jpg

Wow! Those buildings are stunning!

Can you make them available now ;) or at least in 2 weeks when I get back off holiday :D

Those are great.. what I would like to see is some form of vehicle maybe a drop ship/cargo plane or Hover APC style vehicle.

Tokens: I'd suggest just a full set of the ones from rulebook and HS (well, two sets in such a case)- mine, prone etc, maybe with a choice of red and blue or green and orange so two player's sets don't mix...things like PRONE and mines you might want to sell in separate packs too, from my experience you always run out of those during the game.

Also, no idea how well would that sell, but all the tokens are on 25mm bases...how about you check with CB and actually do a "base-token" for equipment like mines, repeaters, emaulers and so on with the equipment sculpted on generic bases (sand, rock etc.) instead of just printed tokens? Again, no idea how well would that sell, but it's an idea.

you mean a token that would be 'standing' on a regular base? That's an interesting option....

Wow! Those buildings are stunning!

Can you make them available now Wink or at least in 2 weeks when I get back off holiday

the set with the watchtower will be in sales next week probably and the Infinity-like building will be available around mid September, we're still putting finishing touches to it and settling the final price.

Regards

Jan

Not quite...a mine is, well..a mine. Instead of a token that says MINE, you just model a mine on a 25mm base. Same with emaulers and such, just place an appropriate item on the base instead of bare token with name.

In Infinity the tokens are supposed to be glued on a regular base, the base height is quite important in many rules so mines for example once revealed take the volume space of a base.

I thing separating the counters in packs would be a good idea, an orders pack containing regular, irregular and impetus orders, a camouflage pack containing camouflage and TO camouflage tokens, a "battlefield deployable" pack containing mines e-maulers, repeaters and markers actually this pack could be resin sculpts since with the exception of mines the rest have height over the base, a wounds pack and so on, it could either be the engraved way you usually do your counters or it could be done as the colourful material you use for the advertisement boards to go on it, but it could be expensive.

I like how the buildings and catwalks interact, but will there be a way to close the windows? they provide too much Line of fire if one wall does not get blocked somehow, some extra to have binds on the windows or dark coloured glass to prevent LoF would be intresting as an addition, while on it those buildings scream for extras, doors, stares, elevators, internal walls external details like AC units would be quite intresting to see in the future, can they be combined in bigger or longer shapes? a kit to allow cross or L shaped buildings in the future would be quite interesting.

Thanks for the terrain you keep providing for Infinity. :)

I'd personally just prefer tokens. No 'confusion' then as to what things are. So simple tokens along the lines of what their current templates are would be much appreciated. I like the idea of different colours from the neon green as well, Orange, Smoke (black), Red, Blue, Yellow, plenty of colours you could do. I think the two things that really stop gamers starting Infinity easily are:

1) The demands on scenery, cheap appropriate and varied scenery would help the game take off.

2) The requirement to cut out and make tokens. People's hobby time is limited and most people would rather spend it painting or gaming as opposed to cutting out tokens.

I like how the buildings and catwalks interact, but will there be a way to close the windows? they provide too much Line of fire if one wall does not get blocked somehow, some extra to have binds on the windows or dark coloured glass to prevent LoF would be intresting as an addition, while on it those buildings scream for extras, doors, stares, elevators, internal walls external details like AC units would be quite intresting to see in the future, can they be combined in bigger or longer shapes?

we want to make the building as reasonable price as possible so anyone can afford some. Additionally we want to sell upgrade packs in the form of blisters - windows glass and similar. So either you have a simple and cheap building or you may buy an upgrade pack and add even more detail to it :)

I'll try to post pics of what we have. Either today or tomorrow morning.

Also the building will have removable walls which you can move around inside or use them as a simple fence outside.

a kit to allow cross or L shaped buildings in the future would be quite interesting.

cool idea, we'll surely think about it

People's hobby time is limited and most people would rather spend it painting or gaming as opposed to cutting out tokens.

I absolutely agree. I'm a gamer too so I must say you're completely right. Despite working for a game-making company I also lack time for gaming :(

Regards

Jan

a kit to allow cross or L shaped buildings in the future would be quite interesting.

cool idea, we'll surely think about it

Also the ability to connect 2+ buildings together to make a single long building would be sweet :)

we want to make the building as reasonable price as possible so anyone can afford some. Additionally we want to sell upgrade packs in the form of blisters - windows glass and similar. So either you have a simple and cheap building or you may buy an upgrade pack and add even more detail to it :)

I'll try to post pics of what we have. Either today or tomorrow morning.

Also the building will have removable walls which you can move around inside or use them as a simple fence outside.

Sounds great to me basic shape and add ons to detail I also like the removable walls, that can be quite intresting.

The mines look intresting and can be easily swapped for the different deployable (although the acrylic over it must be shaped like the thing it represents so the emauler should have the height and rough volume of an Emauler from a figure), the same idea could be used for camouflage counters now this could be army specific, having the shape of a Hexa for PanO (and maybe be navy blue) the shape of a Shasvastii for Combined and so on, of course I mean flats.

I'm not sure if I like the acrylic. Maybe it's because I'm old but I can't see what's written on them as well. If you could get the artwork from CB maybe have them as a printed sticker on base/token.

i think the acrylic looks great, indeed like pretty much everything listed! ;-)

I also prefer the 3D token style mine counters... flat counters are too difficult to pick up, so i prefer a lot of 3D stuff... but that's just a personal preference.

i think the acrylic looks great, indeed like pretty much everything listed! ;-)

I also prefer the 3D token style mine counters... flat counters are too difficult to pick up, so i prefer a lot of 3D stuff... but that's just a personal preference.

I also prefer the acrylic and 3D tokens. Very cool!

I think it's worth noting that some markers have to be round 25mm because they replace models or are targetable in themselves (Camo, TO, Deployable repeater, E/Mauler, Imp1, Imp2, Mines, Spawn Embryo, Seed Embryo, Holoecho). The other markers (prone, wound, etc) can be whatever shape and size since they are always placed next to another miniature or token.

Personally I would prefer the second category to be a different size to distinguish them.

The ad boards are just fantastic and i cannot wait to buy them to add to my collection of your terrain already :) which i'm very happy with ny the way and will have to take some pics of it and post them up on the forums :)

Now we are talking looking fantastic.

Will you do other colours too?

Smoke would be nice :)

I'm liking the look of the extras!