Micro Art Studio

More new stuff from Micro Art Studio

608 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of clear glass and we can also make other colours. We're only limited by the kind of plexi.

Sounds great.

By the way will there be interior walls in the buildings? or staircases either in the kit or as addons?

I'm thinking of clear glass and we can also make other colours. We're only limited by the kind of plexi.

Super cool! I think I'd like something that is a bit less opaque, but not quite clear. Smokey, like someone else mentioned.

Also, about the advertisement pieces. Will they be clear with the advertisements the only source of color, or more opaque and less see through?

The internal walls will be a part of the main set.

Advertisements will probably be on transparent plexi, but we're still testing what is best

Internal walls part of it? Great, hope stairs will come soon, by the way it might sound odd, but is there a ground floor to the buildings or the bottom part comes with no floor.

Are the advertisements we have seen printed on the transparent plexi?

Are the advertisements double sided? (mirrored I guess as well?)

the ads are not mirrored as they are transparent this is not possible. They are printed on sticker foil.

Super cool! I think I'd like something that is a bit less opaque, but not quite clear. Smokey, like someone else mentioned.

Also, about the advertisement pieces. Will they be clear with the advertisements the only source of color, or more opaque and less see through?

I second the motion!!! As cool as tinted glass looks, from a pure gaming perspective I think the glass needs to be clear so you can tell what is where easier. It'd be great if you could do some shop frontages, office blocks and different looking types of building as well. So you could create a varied cityscape I think you'd be onto a winner. I'd certainly look to buy an entire board full of stuff then myself. :D

The tinted glass prevents LOF, I like that.

Printed on a sticker foil that sounds great, can this be done for counters too? transparent or tinted base sized plexi and sticker foil with the official artwork of counters over it?

I second the motion!!! As cool as tinted glass looks, from a pure gaming perspective I think the glass needs to be clear so you can tell what is where easier. It'd be great if you could do some shop frontages, office blocks and different looking types of building as well. So you could create a varied cityscape I think you'd be onto a winner. I'd certainly look to buy an entire board full of stuff then myself. :D

Ya... I am sold already.

Goodbye student loans, hello infinity terrain!!!

Just please keep the plexi see-through. A little bit of color is good, but it shouldn't be very dark at all. Perhaps a light blue, light purple, or even a light yellow.

as far as look is concerned the foil is very good. The problem with the counters is that you put them into your hand, move them around on the battlefield etc... I'm not sure if the print wouldn't wear off in the process.

It'd be great if you could do some shop frontages, office blocks and different looking types of building as well.

we will :) currently we have to have some time to make the projects :)

only time will show up. alternatively it could be a base sized plexi with a hole in it the foil could get in and a smaller sized plexi lid could seal it, but that would be too costly and complicated I think.

Shop frontages and office blocks now that goes from great to fantastic.

I´m amazed by what yoy are releasing.

The photos of the building with the catwalks next to them, showing that they fit together is really inspiring.

post-apocalyptic-san-francisco.jpg

Now my mind is completely blown away, I just can think of puttin together all those elements and make a city with that Blade Runner style.

I guess you really have to think in releasing more products, with this kind of vision. It is great that the stairs fit with the buildings as the holo ads do.

Also, think abaout blocking line of fire, wich is the most important thing in Infinity.

The tinted glasses are a step in the right direction in that part in my opinion.

emergency stairs is a great idea.

I´m amazed by what yoy are releasing.

The photos of the building with the catwalks next to them, showing that they fit together is really inspiring.

post-apocalyptic-san-francisco.jpg

Now my mind is completely blown away, I just can think of puttin together all those elements and make a city with that Blade Runner style.

I guess you really have to think in releasing more products, with this kind of vision. It is great that the stairs fit with the buildings as the holo ads do.

Also, think abaout blocking line of fire, wich is the most important thing in Infinity.

I second the Blade Runner style. All the gamers round by me would love to play on a Blade Runner esque board. Some noodle bar frontages, maybe a bar / strip club. Would be awesome to see. I think Mas are moving along in the right direction though, which is a very good thing.

This is all some amazing. Everything you've shown is just fantastic..

I love the glass, but also think clear or lightly tinted would be nice too. I think rvrchamp's idea of light blue, light purple, or light yellow tint is great.

Internal stairs and extenal emergency/ fire stairs are useful too.

I love the idea of a commercial store front on the first floor option. This is so typical of modern buildings - a commercial spot on the ground floor and the above are residential. Having a variant store front first floor (or a first floor add on kit that the rest of the building stacks on) would be incredibly useful. My mind is racing with the possibilities. (Hmm, okay, this game, I'll set the Noodle Bar next to the Club, across the street is the Electronics store and the Grocery...)

Having a core building kit like this with lots of options will make this scenery so wonderfully useful. You could add billboards to one building, an fire escape/ external stairs to another building, and have differently looking ground floor shops in each one. Add different looking roof toppers (air conditioning units, solar panels, wind turbines, satellite dishes, tubes, etc.) to each building, and you have an incredibly detailed gaming board, all built from the core building set. This is my dream table.

Blade Runner all the way!

MAS, keep up the great work! I'm already saving up for the release of this terrain.

quick suggestion on this one:

holoads4.jpg

Change the copy text to read "youth is no longer a privilege of the young" - it sounds a little clumsy to add "people" at the end.

Edit: Oops, I misread the treatments part as "herbal" and commented on that. What is Hanbal? I'm not familiar with that part of the fluff.

Dude this is the far far future, it is very likely we will have a very different way of speaking. Just because we see 21st/20th century dialect used in Sci Fi shows we can easily imagine the use of language will change enough that mistakes like these can be overlooked :)

Perhaps they meant to specify "people" so that customers won't show up attempting to get their pets treated as well?

Just making a recommendation :) I was under the impression that these had not reached full production and there would be time for minor changes like that.

Just making a recommendation :) I was under the impression that these had not reached full production and there would be time for minor changes like that.

I'm with you dude, but then again I'm a pedant!!! The wording is a bit off and I think your suggestion was actually spot on. If its not gone into full production then perhaps a simple change is in order.

@Aquila

What good is immortality if you can't share it with your pets?

@Aquila

What good is immortality if you can't share it with your pets?

I understand that, but perhaps they have not been able to perfect the process on the many varieties of pets that people have. Trying to set up comprehensive testing for such a wide potential range (especially after such interstellar expansion) would be a nightmare...

Compatibility testing can be be a real headache...

In the future they only have electric sheep anyway! Just call a repairman.

Hm here shows the native with no native speakers, I didn't find the people in the end odd at all.