Micro Art Studio

Infinity marker sets - projects

25 posts in this topic

How heavy are those? Can cardstock support them?

Dumb question, I know, but I don't like running on assumptions. More curious about your circular templates.

We use 3mm clear acryl glas. its complete Lasercut. And I think you will never can destroy them ;)

I don't understand the question about the cardstock - for these marker we only use acryl glas and two kinds of foil. One printable, transparent foil (adhesive) and a second white foil (adhesive).

At first we glue the transparent foil on the acryl glas and in a second step we glue the white foil behind the transparent. I think we need no cardstock ;)

ok now i understand the question XD sorry ^^

you mean the cardstock markers from the boxes

i don't think that it will be support - because you need a good glue which didn't destroy the cardstock print. And after a time - i think - the paper disolve. If you use a good, self glue, printable foil it never solve.

Hi Sickhase, your markers look amazing! Jassal's question though, I think, is about the weight of the markers and how that will effect his scenery. Could you put your markers (or a round template made using the same technique) on top of a building made out of paper or card without crushing it?

Yes, thats no problem. The weight of this markers is not soooo heavy - it's acryl glas - a kind of plastic

I think its no problem to put them on the top of a paper building. The big templates are a little bit heavyier and bigger ;) i think it could be the same weight than the GW, MicroArt or Privateer Press templates...

I hope thats the answer for your question ;)

sorry for my very bad english ^^

Finally got a game in last night to start thinking about how I would like my markers to be... So I present you with

Marker Proposal of Alphz

With amazing paint concept art!

I was playing merrily along and I was looking at my impetuous, wounded, prone haramaki who had been hacked and disabled that turn... and he was surrounded by circular markers, and when we moved models sometimes we forgot to move the icons and they were lying all over the place.

So my lazy game keeping aside, I wondered: What if the icons stuck to my base?!

Finally got a game in last night to start thinking about how I would like my markers to be...

I was playing merrily along and I was looking at my impetuous, wounded, prone haramaki who had been hacked and disabled that turn... and he was surrounded by circular markers, and when we moved models sometimes we forgot to move the icons and they were lying all over the place.

So my lazy game keeping aside, I wondered: What if the icons fit onto the side to my base?! So I present you with...

The Alphz Marker Proposal

With amazing paint concept art!

So I would like markers to come in 3 different forms:

'State' markers

6128058231_5ae2f0dbf7.jpg

Basically I would like little shaped markers which could slot onto the side of the base. They could have a textured picture which could be painted or would already be coloured. The picture would be half the base, as is current styling, or space limiting, a distinctive icon within a circle. The name of the state would be a raised print in a flat area for readibility.

These markers could then be affixed to the base how the player prefers, I imagine my self affixing some magnetic paper on the contact surface and glueing magnets on the internal surface of the base. This way a model could have several 'state' markers without much hassel as they would attach around the diameter of the base, be easily removable and attachable and the markers themselves would be tactile.

'Model' markers

These would be for things like camo and impersonation which require a 25mm round base for gaming purposes.

6128058257_3b81d2496c_m.jpg

I propose these remain similar to the current infinity style, with dimensions matching a normal round base. The patterning could again be textured or coloured or both, with an icon or number for differentiation and naming for clearer readibility.

Additionally, each set of 'model' markers would come with a silhouette figure. The figure would be simple and represent a standard sized trooper in height and volume. The figure could attach and reattach to any of the markers via either a tab or a clip (see image). This would allow players to attach the figure to check LOS etc. As I currently like having only the base during gameplay for 'extra sneaky effect'.

6128462231_2420aeda2e.jpg silhouette

Deployable Markers

Lastly are deployables such as mines, repeaters, seeds, etc.

For these I propose are in a similar style to MAS current markers albeit with different colouring and/or textured appearance.

P00012_Access_Flame_markers_mini.jpg.thumb_240x180.jpg

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions or thing I've missed something let me know!

Better pictures might be alittle beyond me. Although, if you are very interested I could probably knock up prototypes and send pictures.

I really like the idea of using the existing base for the marker to attach to.

yea al it would be cool for impersonators tho have a silouette with a smile!

i got some ideas for model marker silouhette!

Camo

post-3507-13534233110128_thumb.jpg

for camo to a clear acrilic version

Impersonator

post-3507-13534233110186_thumb.jpg

post-3507-1353423311029_thumb.jpg

and last but not least

impersonator lol version

post-3507-13534233110434_thumb.jpg

I like impersonator lol version. Thats a must have slot on silhouette.

Late Late Late, sorry I wish I could do more in depth example of my suggestion, but time and real life intervened as always.

In any case my suggestion was for a clear acrylic base at the size of a regular base with images similar to the holographic screens of Infinity.

examplebase25mm.jpg

in the example the base I did for camouflage/ impersonation counters, other examples could write "Warning Deployable" for deployable equipment like mines EMaulers, repeaters or "Unit Status" for bases designed for things related to units like wounds, immobilised, Possessed and so on and of course "Shasvastii!" for all the counters Shasvastii related.

the rectangle in the base is a gap for things to be placed on the base, for example in the camouflage related base I did this for Yu Jing camouflaged troops

YJcamouflagesiluette.jpg

I still toy with the idea of either one generic silhouette or specific silhouettes for each faction after released models, the other ting I wanted to do for status for example would be a pile of hexagons ending up in a big flattened hexagon that writes the condition for example Wounds: 1, Possessed or for deployable the silhouette of the actual deployable.

Sorry for the delay and incomplete presentation, but decided to submit it anyway.

Hi!

The deadline for the new ideas and projest has come!

We've summed up the best ones and have some projects already, we're also working on some more of which most you'll be able to see once we consult Corvus Belli on them :)

We're currently waiting for their reply(some deciding figures are on vacation) and as soon as we have a go from them you'll what we've come up using your great ideas and input.

Also we'll contact the people who helped us most in this shortly - stay tuned!

Sorry I could not provide more, real life is sometimes overwhelming.

Really chomping the bit waiting to see what you guys come up with!

I'd also like to apologize for not having something - I really wanted to, but got overwhelmed.

Hi!

We decided that the winners of the contest and people that influenced work in our Studio the most are(in random order):

- sickhase

- Sir Lipton Ice Tea

- alphs

- PsychoticStorm

- Construct

You guys should already received pm's asking for you addresses :)

As for the contest results - we're in the middle of talks with Corvus Belli and are coming up with ideas of what to do and when.

What's already decided is that first we're releasing sets of sticker-markers supplemented with clear acrylic discs - a great and simple idea by sickhase :D

This will allow us to give you something playable and good fast! After that you can expect that we'll throw ideas and project of a more 'funky ' marker here in the forum to hear your feedback before releasing it and tweaking it to better fir your gaming needs.

That's it for now. Once again many thanks for the input you guys gave!

Stay tuned ;)

Hi!

We decided that the winners of the contest and people that influenced work in our Studio the most are(in random order):

- sickhase

- Sir Lipton Ice Tea

- alphs

- PsychoticStorm

- Construct

You guys should already received pm's asking for you addresses :)

As for the contest results - we're in the middle of talks with Corvus Belli and are coming up with ideas of what to do and when.

What's already decided is that first we're releasing sets of sticker-markers supplemented with clear acrylic discs - a great and simple idea by sickhase :D

This will allow us to give you something playable and good fast! After that you can expect that we'll throw ideas and project of a more 'funky ' marker here in the forum to hear your feedback before releasing it and tweaking it to better fir your gaming needs.

That's it for now. Once again many thanks for the input you guys gave!

Stay tuned ;)

That's awesome news, and congrats to the guys who won / influenced you the most. Some half decent marker sets is what I've been waiting for. Great news.

Will be quite intresting to see how this will develop.

can i buy some from you?

Hi!

The simple markers should be released soon(maybe even january), for the more 'difficult' we'll have to wait.

The markers after being released should be available in our online store and every distributor carrying MAS products :)

can i buy some from you?

Hi!

The simple markers should be released soon(maybe even january), for the more 'difficult' we'll have to wait.

The markers after being released should be available in our online store and every distributor carrying MAS products :)

That is indeed very good news. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled to your website for the next few weeks waiting for these to go on sale. I already own your templates and they're far better than the paper photocopy cut outs I was using before. lol.